Creatine Question-10grams a day

  1. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Creatine Question-10grams a day


    I am currently 170 and 5 ft 8 inches, would taking 10 grams of Creatine instead of 5 grams, be bad or even more effective in the long term?

  2. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,735
    Rep Power
    2611771
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    would taking 10 grams of Creatine instead of 5 grams, be bad or even more effective in the long term?
    neither.
    it would simply be a waste of creatine.

    i use this creatine, here..

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/r...-60-grams.html
  3. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Oh, you are a rep of them so haha all there products are reccomended
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,444
    Rep Power
    1162443
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    44.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    you only need 3g a day. Creatine timing doesn't matter. Loading doesn't matter either. Taking 3g a day will saturate your muscles, at a slower rate, and then continuous dosing will keep them saturated.
  5. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,735
    Rep Power
    2611771
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    Oh, you are a rep of them so haha all there products are reccomended
    i don't operate that way LOL.

    and yet - there is a reason i rep for these guys.
    products are quality, prices are great, service is top-notch.
  6. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Yes, i take 5 daily.
  7. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i don't operate that way LOL.

    and yet - there is a reason i rep for these guys.
    Solid products i assume?
  8. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,444
    Rep Power
    1162443
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    44.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    Yes, i take 5 daily.
    thats fine then, anything over that your just pissing away. PFtttttt Finaflex blows, terrible .
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,364
    Rep Power
    6034709
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    89.4%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    10 is def overdoing it!

    No need for anything fancy in my opinion. Go with creatine mono the studies are there and its proven effective time after time.

    PS I'm also a rep and we also carry mono but just started repping 4 days ago lol. Before then, I still ALWAYS recommended mono because its withstood the test of time of all the other "new and improved" forms out there.

    *Not aimed at any product or company specifically - my personal opinion.
    - Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  10. Advanced Member
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35038
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    68.25%

    I take 5 grams on workout days only (4 days a week). I use bulk Creapure from a local health food store, I got a kilo for like 13 bucks and it should last a year.
  11. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    10 is def overdoing it!

    No need for anything fancy in my opinion. Go with creatine mono the studies are there and its proven effective time after time.

    PS I'm also a rep and we also carry mono but just started repping 4 days ago lol. Before then, I still ALWAYS recommended mono because its withstood the test of time of all the other "new and improved" forms out there.

    *Not aimed at any product or company specifically - my personal opinion.
    - Valdez
    I use mono by AST Sports
  12. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,302
    Rep Power
    5577975
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    98.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Being only 15 years old you shouldn't be taking any supplements at all.
  13. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Being only 15 years old you shouldn't be taking any supplements at all.
    I understand, but it is my decsion. I am smart about how i take my supplements and informed, thank you.
  14. New Member
    saintlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    46
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    81.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it is my decsion. I am smart about how i take my supplements and informed, thank you.
    You must not be too informed.. Use creatine when you hit 16 or 17. Your body creates enough as it is, it's just an added bonus for people who actually need it. If your gonna take it, take it right. 5g/day.
  15. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by saintlifter View Post
    You must not be too informed.. Use creatine when you hit 16 or 17. Your body creates enough as it is, it's just an added bonus for people who actually need it. If your gonna take it, take it right. 5g/day.
    I do take 5g a day right now. I also lift heavy and drink plenty of water. Your body does not produce enough to saturate muscle (you would need to eat like 5lbs of red meat to get the same results).
  16. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,302
    Rep Power
    5577975
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    98.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quick google search.

    Read the pre-cautions section.
  17. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,444
    Rep Power
    1162443
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    44.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    15 and he benches 235 .... good lord it must be the creatine!
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,364
    Rep Power
    6034709
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    89.4%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Being only 15 years old you shouldn't be taking any supplements at all.
    Woops! Thanks T

    - Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  19. New Member
    CDMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  153 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    37924
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

    You're doing it right OP. Although I would, and will not recommend supplementing quite yet, since you're choosing to do so you may as well do so properly. That said, begin dosing 3g on workout days only. 10g/day is unnecessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by saintlifter View Post
    Your body creates enough as it is
    Not enough to reach peak PCr concentrations.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    http://www.seriousnutritionsolutions. com - CDMMA [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    https://www.facebook.com/SeriousNutritionSolutions - https://www.twitter.com/SNSonline
  20. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it is my decsion. I am smart about how i take my supplements and informed, thank you.
    Please tell me how well informed are you to make the bold statement that you need 5lbs of red meet to saturate it, that you can take 10g and that you are 15 talking back to someone that is telling you not to use a psychological crutch? Because as far as I am concerned you do NOT need any kind of supplementation, and I am a rep too...even I admit that the key to everything is proper diet, proper rest and hard work...Supplements are there to fill the gaps and even the most proven supplement in the world (Creatine) is not NEEDED to lift...

    (PS it's more like 2-3lbs of RAW fish to saturate creatine stores through diet...)
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  21. Diamond Member
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,414
    Rep Power
    4289810
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    81.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    Please tell me how well informed are you to make the bold statement that you need 5lbs of red meet to saturate it, that you can take 10g and that you are 15 talking back to someone that is telling you not to use a psychological crutch? Because as far as I am concerned you do NOT need any kind of supplementation, and I am a rep too...even I admit that the key to everything is proper diet, proper rest and hard work...Supplements are there to fill the gaps and even the most proven supplement in the world (Creatine) is not NEEDED to lift...

    (PS it's more like 2-3lbs of RAW fish to saturate creatine stores through diet...)
    Steroids are more proven than creatine.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  22. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Steroids are more proven than creatine.
    Touche haha , but we said supplements not AAS ;p!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  23. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    I understand, but it will not hurt me to take it. I know you know what you are talking about, no doubt. I take it 5 grams a day and lift hard + 1-2 gallons of water a day. Also, i may take gear in the future depending on how informed and whatnot i am on them. Thank you for the help man, really appreciate it
  24. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,302
    Rep Power
    5577975
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    98.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it is my decsion. I am smart about how i take my supplements and informed, thank you.

    Like I said in your other thread, it isn't really your decision. You're only 15 years old. It is your Mom, Dad, or legal guardians decision. Do they even know what your taking?. Have you mentioned what you take to your pediatrician?
  25. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it will not hurt me to take it. I know you know what you are talking about, no doubt. I take it 5 grams a day and lift hard + 1-2 gallons of water a day. Also, i may take gear in the future depending on how informed and whatnot i am on them. Thank you for the help man, really appreciate it
    You don't need to take Creatine everyday, as mentioned before any more than 3-5 grams is a waste and I would argue that 3g 4x a week is enough unless you were 250lbs+ anyway. Just remember results come from your hard work and diet, supps are there to help and fill the gaps like I said.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  26. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    You don't need to take Creatine everyday, as mentioned before any more than 3-5 grams is a waste and I would argue that 3g 4x a week is enough unless you were 250lbs+ anyway. Just remember results come from your hard work and diet, supps are there to help and fill the gaps like I said.
    I take it about 5x a week for 5 grams. Check out my log sometime aswell! Thank you man
  27. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I take it about 5x a week for 5 grams. Check out my log sometime aswell! Thank you man
    Link it up lol...searching your posts yields nothing since you are fairly new in the forums.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  28. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,302
    Rep Power
    5577975
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    98.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I understand, but it will not hurt me to take it.

    Link to research on the safety of creatine use in adolescents?.
  29. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    I cannot link as i am under 150 posts. But i want to say this, there has been enough research to show creatine is not harmful, but not enough to show it is beneficial or harmful to teenagers. Best way to find out is to take it lol. I have been for 5 months without side effects. I am staying careful. My log is in the workout log section, should be B3ast's workout log
  30. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,364
    Rep Power
    6034709
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    89.4%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    This is my personal opinion - I took it when I was 16 its really not that big of a deal.

    Do you need it? No. Are you going to get addicted? No.

    Lighten up on the kid lecturing him isn't going to help anything.

    You're 15 bro, plenty of hormones in that body of yours to get the gains you want just eat, lift heavy, sleep, avoid alcohol drugs and do good in school

    - Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  31. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    This is my personal opinion - I took it when I was 16 its really not that big of a deal.

    Do you need it? No. Are you going to get addicted? No.

    Lighten up on the kid lecturing him isn't going to help anything.

    You're 15 bro, plenty of hormones in that body of yours to get the gains you want just eat, lift heavy, sleep, avoid alcohol drugs and do good in school

    - Valdez
    I agree that lecturing him is not going to help in any way specially since a 15 year old is already thinking and planning on future steroid use.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  32. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    I cannot link as i am under 150 posts. But i want to say this, there has been enough research to show creatine is not harmful, but not enough to show it is beneficial or harmful to teenagers. Best way to find out is to take it lol. I have been for 5 months without side effects. I am staying careful. My log is in the workout log section, should be B3ast's workout log
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Have you seen the effects of initial creatine supplementation on DHT?

    Anyway, if he just started weight training, let him get a good year or two under his belt. You don't want supplements to become an early psychological crutch for him.
    Thought you might like this, and if you do just do some quick scholar google search. I specially like the last part though...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  33. New Member
    B3ast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    8955
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    I am not planning, i am beginning to inform myself. It is my choice and i want to get the best physique i can. I take 5 grams only when i workout. Training hard and eating right, along with muscle mass and hydration, creatine is safe. I will NOT go to 10 grams or ever load on creatine. I have been lifting hard for 8 months (i have a log, but can not link yet). In cycle of it as well to stay safe.
  34. New Member
    Riskyb's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    5608
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    5.23%

    Because of your age, I'd take a month off creatine from time to time. Eat clean food and a lot of it, rest, sleep, and work out intensely. People understimate these simple things, and they can make a world of a difference.
    At your age, you can grow and heal quickly
  35. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    3015
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    59.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Take the creatine at the recommended dose. I think you are plenty old enough. I give it to my 13 yr old daughter before workouts. She only takes 1 gm though because she does not want to take a bunch of pills.
  36. Elite Member
    BPjohn123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,985
    Rep Power
    7211398
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    29.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
    Take the creatine at the recommended dose. I think you are plenty old enough. I give it to my 13 yr old daughter before workouts. She only takes 1 gm though because she does not want to take a bunch of pills.
    Lol
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Creatine question
    By whoareit in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
  2. Creatine questions
    By swtnycboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 01:27 PM
  3. creatine question
    By VES in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 01:58 AM
  4. Funny Steroid Question of the Day....
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in