fibromyalgia

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0

    fibromyalgia


    My wife, after years of being told she had a bad spine and painful injections several times a year, was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She tried lyrica but the sides were too bad and they don't have anything else that will work for her as far as prescriptions go. I stocked up on orange triad and oximega fish oil to help, also on 100 mg magnesium tablets, we altered our diet a bit and got her higher on protein and trying to get her in the gym more but the lyrica messed her up a couple weeks. I know there's a lot of well educated peeps on here just curious what else I should get her on, and anyone else dealing with it what kinds of foods and supps you like. Thanks for any help!

  2. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    RESULTS AND CONCLUSION: Meditative movement therapies (qi gong, tai chi, yoga) are strongly recommended. Acupuncture can be considered. Mindfulness-based stress reduction as monotherapy and dance therapy as monotherapy are not recommended. Homeopathy is not recommended. In a minority vote, homeopathy was rated as "can be considered". Nutritional supplements and reiki are not recommended. The English full-text version of this article is available at SpringerLink under "Supplemental"

    PMID

     22760464 [PubMed - in process]Full text: Springer

    - Valdez
    I'll be back there's more including one on coq10.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  3. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    Magnesium was one of the supplements most recommended specifically...

    I can link if you'd like that is the highlight.

    - Valdez

    I'm not offering medical advice this is research specific
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Awesome info! With no real meds to help with symptoms I've never delt with anything like this before so anything is worth trying. I def understand the yoga and ti chi aspect as her stress levels are pretty much through the roof. Thank you!
  5. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    "Vegetarian diets could have some beneficial effects probably due to the increase in antioxidant intake. There is a high prevalence of obesity and overweight in patients, and weight control seems to be an effective tool to improve the symptoms. Some nutritional deficiencies have been described, it is not clear whether they are directly related to this disease or not."

    I personally don't think a total vegan diet is the way to go but that is my personal opinion. Looking into juicing for extra micros may be helpful.

    Easy antioxidant is green tea and the health benefits are vast.

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  6. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez
    Magnesium was one of the supplements most recommended specifically...

    I can link if you'd like that is the highlight.

    - Valdez

    I'm not offering medical advice this is research specific
    As far as the magnesium goes I know its the most recommended I'm just not sure how much she should be on
  7. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez
    Vegetarian diets could have some beneficial effects probably due to the increase in antioxidant intake. There is a high prevalence of obesity and overweight in patients, and weight control seems to be an effective tool to improve the symptoms. Some nutritional deficiencies have been described, it is not clear whether they are directly related to this disease or not.*

    Easy antioxidant is green tea and the health benefits are vast.

    - Valdez
    Will def give that a shot too. She was doing great for a while this year and has kept off ten pounds since the beginning of the year but hasnt made progress because she was always in so much pain. Awesome infos man, thank you
  8. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    RESULTS: CoQ(10) were reduced in both cell models. Oral supplementation showed an improvement in clinical symptoms and restored levels.

    CONCLUSIONS: Patients with FM showed an important dysfunction in CoQ(10) levels and might benefit from oral supplementation.Crown Copyright © 2012. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

    PMID

     22342824 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Full text: Elsevier Science

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  9. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post
    As far as the magnesium goes I know its the most recommended I'm just not sure how much she should be on
    Magnesium supplementation is tricky. You don't want magnesium levels too high. There wasn't a dose in the study I don't think... Hold on

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  10. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    "CONCLUSIONS: Several types of alternative medicine have some potential for future clinical research. However, due to methodological inconsistencies across studies and the small body of evidence, no firm conclusions can be made at this time. Regarding alternative treatments, acupuncture and several types of meditative practice show the most promise for future scientific investigation. Likewise, magnesium, l-carnitine, and S-adenosylmethionine are nonpharmacological supplements with the most potential for further research. Individualized treatment plans that involve several pharmacological agents and natural remedies appear promising as well."

    PMID

     20192908 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Full text: Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  11. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    I saw something recomending around the 300 mg range so between the partial doasage of OT and the magnesium supplement and her diet she should be good! Looked up a bit about the CoQ10 and will def pick some up tomorow and hopefully once the effects from the lyrica wear off she's really excited to give yoga a shot at our gym!
  12. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    Abstract

    OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the intracellular levels of the high energy adenosine triphosphate nucleotide ATP and essential divalent cations, calcium and magnesium, in platelets of patients affected by primary fibromyalgia syndrome (FMs).DESIGN AND METHOD: Platelet ATP and cation concentrations were measured in 25 patients affected by FMs and 25 healthy volunteers through a chemiluminescent and a fluorimetric assay, respectively.

    RESULTS: Significant lower ATP levels were observed inside platelets of FM patients (fmol ATP/plt: 0.0169+/-0.0012 vs. healthy controls, fmol ATP/plt: 0.0306+/-0.0023, mean+/-SEM) (*** P<0.0001). A trend towards higher calcium concentrations (P=0.06) together with significant increased magnesium levels were also reported in platelets of patients by comparison with controls (P=0.02).

    CONCLUSIONS: This preliminary study suggests that disturbances in the homeostasis of platelet ATP metabolism-signaling and calcium-magnesium flows might have a relevance in the pathogenesis of FMs.

    PMID

     18634773 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Full text: Elsevier SciencePrevious

    This study is extremely interesting to me. I have a video that you should watch with your wife, its about a Dr with MS that ate a paleo diet, took creatine and fish oils and basically cured herself.

    Creatine is being studied for a ton of different diseases etc... It too is an amazing supplement with benefits outside of training environments.

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  13. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Wow! Reading that just blew my head for a sec
  14. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    Follow this link to the thread and you'll find the video

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194200

    Good luck buddy

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  15. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  16. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    When she was able to work out I always had her on creatine bcaas and c4 for a pre workout, along with lean protein shakes and creatine for recovery. Now I've got her on orange oximega and while we have not been eating a paleo diet most of our meals generally consist of eggs chicken steak or fish mostly grilled, now she's looking at paleo diet info and I've got a list for some more sups for tomorrow and get her back on the creatine!
  17. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    We watched the video! That's some powerful stuff! Def going go be very active helping her deal with this now that I have some info... Cus let's face it she doesn't remember fish oil and multis unless I put them in her pill cases
  18. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    Ecklonia based supplements seem to help some people as well.
  19. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post
    We watched the video! That's some powerful stuff! Def going go be very active helping her deal with this now that I have some info... Cus let's face it she doesn't remember fish oil and multis unless I put them in her pill cases
    You sound like a good guy. Very supportive . If adding supplements in her case I'd stick with plain old creatine instead of c4 or anything fancy. SNS Magnesium creatine chelate would be another option and you could kill two birds with one stone. We have Monohydrate as well

    Good luck again!

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  20. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Luckily I had some mcc already! It's been years of dealing with the back issues and were only 27. I've been into lifting for a while and its very frustrating for her to be constantly set back because of what we thought was a deteriorating spine and very frustrating to find out that the doctors that have run an insane amount of tests, treatments, pt, and one doctor who told her she was just overweight and needed to just lose weight, never ****ing thought of this. It sucks that its something that will never really go away but at least we know what it is now and can do something about it! I was thinking of getting reduce xt to try for weight loss and cortisol control
  21. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Ecklonia based supplements seem to help some people as well.
    Looking into this as well!
  22. Registered User
    saggy321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,350
    Answers
    0


    Some posit that Fibromyalgia is caused by a malfunctioning HPA axis and the milder symptoms do mimick a conditional known as adrenal insuffeciency, something I've suffered from. What helped me was the following:

    High dose magnesium (mag citrate 5 grams a day which equated to 400mg of mag)
    500 mg Vit C every couple of hours
    Phophotidyl serine to reset the HPA axis and lower cortisol (twice a day 300 - 500mg each dose)
    High vit B complex, particulary vitamin b5 (panthenoic acid)
    1 -2g of taurine
    A balanced diet, high in omega 3 where a small meal is eaten every 3 hours
    Valerian, theanine and magnesium in the evening to help relax
    To bed by 9pm every night wether I could sleep or not - try for a good 8 - 10 hours of sleep, if possible trying to sleep in ie up until 8-9am.
    Gentle exercise such as walking twice a day for 30 min or so...anything more was stressful

    I stuck to this regime religously over a 4 month period and after 2 months my symptoms began to improve. After 4 months I felt normal but I knew I hadn't fully recovered - it was only at the 8 to 9 month mark I felt completely normal and was able to train intensely.

    I hope this helps.
  23. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post
    Luckily I had some mcc already! It's been years of dealing with the back issues and were only 27. I've been into lifting for a while and its very frustrating for her to be constantly set back because of what we thought was a deteriorating spine and very frustrating to find out that the doctors that have run an insane amount of tests, treatments, pt, and one doctor who told her she was just overweight and needed to just lose weight, never ****ing thought of this. It sucks that its something that will never really go away but at least we know what it is now and can do something about it! I was thinking of getting reduce xt to try for weight loss and cortisol control
    My step father has recently been going through the same thing my friend. Test after test after test! A lot of the tests that they had him repeating were extremely uncomfortable. They finally came to the conclusion that he has MS but they want him to do some more tests. There were a few times he had completely written them off due to frustration.

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  24. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post
    My wife, after years of being told she had a bad spine and painful injections several times a year, was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She tried lyrica but the sides were too bad and they don't have anything else that will work for her as far as prescriptions go. I stocked up on orange triad and oximega fish oil to help, also on 100 mg magnesium tablets, we altered our diet a bit and got her higher on protein and trying to get her in the gym more but the lyrica messed her up a couple weeks. I know there's a lot of well educated peeps on here just curious what else I should get her on, and anyone else dealing with it what kinds of foods and supps you like. Thanks for any help!
    Fibromyalgia is due to severe toxic overload of the body from things I've read and listened to. I would try a balls to the wall tough detox.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  25. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Fibromyalgia is due to severe toxic overload of the body from things I've read and listened to. I would try a balls to the wall tough detox.
    Like a fast? I've heard of a lot of positive results with juice fasts...

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  26. Registered User
    barlush23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    68
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post
    My wife, after years of being told she had a bad spine and painful injections several times a year, was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She tried lyrica but the sides were too bad and they don't have anything else that will work for her as far as prescriptions go. I stocked up on orange triad and oximega fish oil to help, also on 100 mg magnesium tablets, we altered our diet a bit and got her higher on protein and trying to get her in the gym more but the lyrica messed her up a couple weeks. I know there's a lot of well educated peeps on here just curious what else I should get her on, and anyone else dealing with it what kinds of foods and supps you like. Thanks for any help!
    What type of side adverse events was she experiencing? Lyrica is a selective serotonin reputable inhibitor. It increases the amount of serotonin in the body. Because about 90% of serotonin is in the Stomach many people experience nausea/vomiting/diarrhea when they first start taking them. However, these sides are generally transient and should get better over time. She really should try to stay on it if possible, or try a SNRI such as Savella. These drugs will help to resolve symptoms of fibromyalgia by treating the source and not just the symptoms.
  27. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by saggy321
    Some posit that Fibromyalgia is caused by a malfunctioning HPA axis and the milder symptoms do mimick a conditional known as adrenal insuffeciency, something I've suffered from. What helped me was the following:

    High dose magnesium (mag citrate 5 grams a day which equated to 400mg of mag)
    500 mg Vit C every couple of hours
    Phophotidyl serine to reset the HPA axis and lower cortisol (twice a day 300 - 500mg each dose)
    High vit B complex, particulary vitamin b5 (panthenoic acid)
    1 -2g of taurine
    A balanced diet, high in omega 3 where a small meal is eaten every 3 hours
    Valerian, theanine and magnesium in the evening to help relax
    To bed by 9pm every night wether I could sleep or not - try for a good 8 - 10 hours of sleep, if possible trying to sleep in ie up until 8-9am.
    Gentle exercise such as walking twice a day for 30 min or so...anything more was stressful

    I stuck to this regime religously over a 4 month period and after 2 months my symptoms began to improve. After 4 months I felt normal but I knew I hadn't fully recovered - it was only at the 8 to 9 month mark I felt completely normal and was able to train intensely.

    I hope this helps.
    That's some awesome info! There's def a lot of similarities in a lot of what I've seen as some of the helpful supplements, we actually have a elliptical in the garage were hoping she can start back on daily not intensely but she was originally told to get low impact cardio. But very insightful for dosing that will help a lot!
  28. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by barlush23

    What type of side adverse events was she experiencing? Lyrica is a selective serotonin reputable inhibitor. It increases the amount of serotonin in the body. Because about 90% of serotonin is in the Stomach many people experience nausea/vomiting/diarrhea when they first start taking them. However, these sides are generally transient and should get better over time. She really should try to stay on it if possible, or try a SNRI such as Savella. These drugs will help to resolve symptoms of fibromyalgia by treating the source and not just the symptoms.
    She was getting nausea and it pretty much killed her energy, along with some massive migraines that kept her from work a couple days, and it got to the point where she could barely get up off the couch or bed. so for now they just had her stay off it until her next appointment in a couple weeks
  29. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc

    Fibromyalgia is due to severe toxic overload of the body from things I've read and listened to. I would try a balls to the wall tough detox.
    Looked up some great info on this! Awesome info!
  30. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Thanks for all these responses! Really gave us a lot of help with things to try out and see what all we can get to help fight this!
  31. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

    My step father has recently been going through the same thing my friend. Test after test after test! A lot of the tests that they had him repeating were extremely uncomfortable. They finally came to the conclusion that he has MS but they want him to do some more tests. There were a few times he had completely written them off due to frustration.

    - Valdez
    I feel for you man. I wouldn't wish what she's gone through the last couple years on anyone. Every time she's had to go in for an epidural I've had to take most of a week off work because she wouldn't be able to move. Help walking help getting up from anything or bending over for a week sometimes. They have basically told her multiple doctors that there's just nothing wrong or nothing they can do. This has all also led to a lot of depression issues too. Hard to see the ones you love just poked and prodded and thrown on meds and muscle relaxers and pain meds and when none of that works just brought in for another rounds of inconclusive tests. Suckfest.
  32. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,804
    Answers
    2


    5-htp is used as an ssri alternative and actually I think I remember seeing something about fibromyalgia in a study I read.

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  33. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Oh! Then the pain management doctors that just think she's trying to get pain killers!
  34. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    I thought about 5-htp before we found it was the FM she was having some sleep issues from the pain, its on my list for today because she hasn't been able to sleep much this week
  35. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    5-htp is used as an ssri alternative and actually I think I remember seeing something about fibromyalgia in a study I read.

    - Valdez

    I saw a blurb about that too. Something about chelating aluminum out of the body as well, but I don't know if that's even relevant to the condition.

    5htp actually disturbs my sleep a little, so I take it first thing in the morning for the seritonin benefits.
  36. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman

    I saw a blurb about that too. Something about chelating aluminum out of the body as well, but I don't know if that's even relevant to the condition.

    5htp actually disturbs my sleep a little, so I take it first thing in the morning for the seritonin benefits.
    One of the ideas behind detoxing is that some of the effects can come from too much metals in the body which was very interesting and found several ideas for detoxing and supps and diet ideas to help with it! Amazing how some of these ideas helped open up so much more information to look at! You guys rock!
  37. Registered User
    barlush23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    68
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post

    Fibromyalgia is due to severe toxic overload of the body from things I've read and listened to. I would try a balls to the wall tough detox.
    Not everyone agrees on the cause of fibromyalgia, but most think it is neurological. This is why SSRI and SNRIs are used to treat the actual disease state and not just symptoms. However, most will agree that there is no single treatment that will prevent the symptoms. Fibro is very difficult to diagnose because of so many symptoms such as lack of sleep, lethargy, pain, depressed mood, inability to function consistently on a daily basis. Most people have to try multiple SSRI or SNRIs before finding the right one for them (much like people with major depressive disorder who also will be given an SSRI and then possibly an SNRI if they can't tolerate an SSRI. There is a lot of discrepancy between what physicians will use to treat fibro. Has she seen a neurologist?
  38. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by barlush23

    Not everyone agrees on the cause of fibromyalgia, but most think it is neurological. This is why SSRI and SNRIs are used to treat the actual disease state and not just symptoms. However, most will agree that there is no single treatment that will prevent the symptoms. Fibro is very difficult to diagnose because of so many symptoms such as lack of sleep, lethargy, pain, depressed mood, inability to function consistently on a daily basis. Most people have to try multiple SSRI or SNRIs before finding the right one for them (much like people with major depressive disorder who also will be given an SSRI and then possibly an SNRI if they can't tolerate an SSRI. There is a lot of discrepancy between what physicians will use to treat fibro. Has she seen a neurologist?
    We went to one last year for testing because they were worried that she would have nerve damage because of the issues with her spine and had a lot of tests done for her nerves but found nothing wrong. We have not seen one yet since she was diagnosed, we literally found out the day before thanksgiving. I've looked up some about it but like you said, unless I'm looking up specific things for it, because its so different for so many people
  39. Registered User
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Answers
    0


    Now the thought process is because of the FM her back muscles are always spasming and thats what's causing the stress on her spine, so if we can get some of that calmed down we can get her muscles in her back stronger and her spine won't have all the problems.
  40. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    I would do a raw organic juice fast for a couple weeks and try some other detox methods
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Weight training and Fibromyalgia
    By SamuraiSid in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
  2. Looking for recommendation on fibromyalgia pain!
    By gabriellost in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
  3. Please help me with Fibromyalgia!
    By gabriellost in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:02 PM
  4. fibromyalgia and guaifenesin
    By daniel35 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in