Minimising damage from alcohol consumption

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.42%

Minimising damage from alcohol consumption

Hey guys,With the festive season coming up, what are your strategies on damage control from alcohol? I read that article by that Martin lean gains guy and had some good information, so he is basically stating that the supposed decrease in T and rise in E from alcohol drinking is exaggerated?From my understanding alcohol doesn't raise estrogen per se (though apparently beer is estrogenic), however it effects the bodies ability to remove estrogen as the liver is clearing out the alcohol first. So say if you were to take a decent liver support supp following a night out and maybe something like calcium d glucarate/I3C, this would help minimise the damage? What do you think?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.89%

Common sense things - Glass of water between beers/drinks, minimum sugary drinks, more water and a small meal before bed. Some people recommend skipping creatine the day of drinking, but I only have anecdotal evidence that this helps. For supplements to reduce damage, I can't think of anything besides multi-vitamin, anti oxidants, and otc AIs. I'm sure some more informed members will chime in
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
    Hey guys,With the festive season coming up, what are your strategies on damage control from alcohol? I read that article by that Martin lean gains guy and had some good information, so he is basically stating that the supposed decrease in T and rise in E from alcohol drinking is exaggerated?From my understanding alcohol doesn't raise estrogen per se (though apparently beer is estrogenic), however it effects the bodies ability to remove estrogen as the liver is clearing out the alcohol first. So say if you were to take a decent liver support supp following a night out and maybe something like calcium d glucarate/I3C, this would help minimise the damage? What do you think?
    Cycle support supplements are a great option to help minimize and even reverse damage, check out Talos+Aegis. They are by far one of the strongest combos available. Besides that have a healthy diet, and eat lots of broccoli/cauliflower to help with estrogen control. Also, Talos has Trans-Resveratrol, which is a great anti-oxidant that also helps keep estrogen levels in control. Though, just limit how much you drink or don't drink at all, and you dont have to worry...
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

ALCAR will serve as a direct neuroprotective aid against alcohol-induced brain damage, and it could also potentially normalize testosterone levels following a binge drinking episode.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Glass of orange juice and a teaspoon of salt before bed always works for me as a hangover preventer. Nimbus Blast back in the day too. Then again, who really cares about one day of binge drinking?
    BOARD TYRANT
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.42%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    ALCAR will serve as a direct neuroprotective aid against alcohol-induced brain damage, and it could also potentially normalize testosterone levels following a binge drinking episode.
    Interesting, what sort of dosage do you recommend? I actually just ordered some SNS PLCAR with my last order too, would PLCAR be beneficial too?
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Interesting, what sort of dosage do you recommend? I actually just ordered some SNS PLCAR with my last order too, would PLCAR be beneficial too?
    2g pre-drinking. PLCAR won't have the same benefit since it is directly dependent on acetate donation from ALCAR
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Google "lean gains alcohol", you'll find a very informative guide on their site in how to avoid damage from holiday festivities m
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Veritatis View Post
    just limit how much you drink or don't drink at all, and you dont have to worry...
    i dunno man..
    that seems to make too much sense.
    i'd rather take a product that will allow me wiggle room and clean up my bad choices, so i can go out and do whatever i want to my body............
    isn't that what supplements are for?

FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I read that article by that Martin lean gains guy
    i did laff at this tho..
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

As Coop said, ALCAR before drinking, and I would say also Nimbus Nutrition's Poseidon before sleep.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

How to minimize it.....keep it minimal. A couple drinks here and there is no worse than popping a couple Ibuprofen, which many of us tend to do without thought.
    Remember why you started.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.98%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Just drink enough until you throw up, then it's all gone. Problem solved, right?

I have nothing to really add to this, just my humor.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.03%

SAMe protects your liver from ethanol-related damage. More interestingly, it specifically induces ethanol-metabolizing enzymes, so it may reduce your blood alcohol level rather more quickly than usual.

I can't post links due to my low post count, but check out PMID:2307395 & PMID:20828554 for more information. If somebody with a higher post count could link to those studies, I'd appreciate it.

-Jake
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.08%
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%

Quote Originally Posted by JakeAntaeus View Post
    SAMe protects your liver from ethanol-related damage. More interestingly, it specifically induces ethanol-metabolizing enzymes, so it may reduce your blood alcohol level rather more quickly than usual.

I can't post links due to my low post count, but check out PMID:2307395 & PMID:20828554 for more information. If somebody with a higher post count could link to those studies, I'd appreciate it.

-Jake
    Just a heads up, in addition to Trans-Resveratrol and a bunch of other goodies that would assist in reversing damage induced by alcohol. SAMe is also contained within Talos by Antaeus Labs.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Alcar + liver xt
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.42%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i dunno man..
    that seems to make too much sense.
    i'd rather take a product that will allow me wiggle room and clean up my bad choices, so i can go out and do whatever i want to my body............
    isn't that what supplements are for?
    No disrespect man but no need for the sarcasm, that's not what I'm saying. I like to have a balanced lifestyle and enjoy myself sometimes as well. This forum is a great place to learn and I appreciate everyone's input, but if you don't have anything worthwhile to say then stay out of my thread, or does that make too much sense?
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.42%

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Alcar + liver xt
    Looks like a good combo, will pick up some Liver-xt with my next order
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.42%

Quote Originally Posted by JakeAntaeus View Post

-Jake
    Nice, thanks Jake. I've used same before for mood enhancing effects, that's good to know.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.08%

No disrespect man but no need for the sarcasm, that's not what I'm saying. I like to have a balanced lifestyle and enjoy myself sometimes as well. This forum is a great place to learn and I appreciate everyone's input, but if you don't have anything worthwhile to say then stay out of my thread, or does that make too much sense?
    no disrespect back my man - but i might suggest not taking things personally on the internet. you are on a public forum, where we can all discuss our views yes?

in actuality, that post i made was not directed personally to you, rather to the mentality that feels there's a magic bullet for everything.
    ie, check it out:
    on a fatburner..so i can go eat mickey d's and pizza hut. (built-in protection from getting fat)
    on a steroidal product/AAS..i don't have to train as hard, cuz the muscle will automatically be there. (may extend to poor diet)
    on xyz supplement..let's get hammered guys, cuz i got coverage!
    it's just not a visual outlook i embrace. and that is my personal opinion.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kidney damage from too many supplements?
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 07:53 AM
  2. Liver damage from PH or DS
    By Harmsway in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 09:51 PM
  3. alcohol consumption
    By idelaluzi in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 09:53 PM
  4. Replies: 12