L-dopa And Hair Loss

1. L-dopa And Hair Loss

Does taking l-dopa raise free testosterone and therefore increase dht causing hair loss ?

2. I've seen studies where there was/can be a correlation, but If i'm not mistaken it was at therapeutic doses. I'll try and dig those up. I think those doses would exceed what you would use.

3. Hi there,

Well hair loss may occur through several conditions, however the only form related to testosterone levels is known as androgenetic alopecia.
    It is a hereditary disorder characterized by thinning of scalp hair, androgenetic alopecia occurs in both men and women through an androgen mediated mechanism. While this syndrome is technically a low testosterone state, in fact the body experiences high androgen levels due to the mechanism of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a metabolite of testosterone with potent androgenic effects.
    The Most Effective Hair Loss Treatment Programme Available -Visit www.forhair.com

4. The actual medication "l-dopa" maybe but not really with mucuna

5. It won't raise testosterone levels to the point of further aromatizing to cause spikes in DHT. Your hairline will be fine, what might be the goal you are looking into l-dopa for anyway?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. Steroids and Hair Loss
    By TheUsual in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 04:43 AM
  2. Pro-Hormones and Hair-Loss - The Reference Thread
    By BodyWizard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:04 PM
  3. MDHT and hair loss prevention?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics