Creatine and BCAAs before workout

  1. Creatine and BCAAs before workout


    I'm doing IF now and I'm wondering if it's worth taking creatine before my workout if I take only my BCAA's with them? Does the creatine get into my muscles like that or is it a waste of creatine?


  2. Ya that is fine. Timing of creatine intake isn't crucial and taking it pre-workout fasted is still beneficial.

  3. Creatine is non-time dependent, just take 3g a day and you will be fine. If you are doing IF I would still suggest keeping BCAAs out of the workout, pre or post...fine , but not intra. Take them leading up to your fast breaking meal.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   
       


  4. I really like Creatine pre or post but have no real reason why. It really doesn't matter on the timing.
    I'm Back...

  5. [QUOTE=Celorza;3741429If you are doing IF I would still suggest keeping BCAAs out of the workout, pre or post...fine , but not intra.[/QUOTE]

    Any reason? It really makes no difference, although I'd say just go in totally fasted without bcaas and take some leucine before you break the fast. That way you don't use the amino for glucogenesis to burn during your workout.
    CELTIC LABS REP

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Creatine is non-time dependent, just take 3g a day and you will be fine. If you are doing IF I would still suggest keeping BCAAs out of the workout, pre or post...fine , but not intra. Take them leading up to your fast breaking meal.

    i always take bcaa's during my workout. I have always understood it to be a positive thing, what is the reason not to ?

  7. OP no reason not to. I take mine pre, post, before cardio just making sure to get it in your system is the goal.



  8. IVe found no difference in my workouts with taking creatine before or after, creatine works on muscle saturation. Once they are saturated you just need to keep dosing it at 3 g a day. And yah why no BCAAs pre workout/intra workout, ive always found it to never hurt.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by stopstalking

    i always take bcaa's during my workout. I have always understood it to be a positive thing, what is the reason not to ?
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar
    IVe found no difference in my workouts with taking creatine before or after, creatine works on muscle saturation. Once they are saturated you just need to keep dosing it at 3 g a day. And yah why no BCAAs pre workout/intra workout, ive always found it to never hurt.
    Way better ways to take them, you can search my old posts about it or mr.cooper69's posts too.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Way better ways to take them, you can search my old posts about it or mr.cooper69's posts too.
    i will for sure look into this. thanks man

  11. Quote Originally Posted by stopstalking View Post
    i will for sure look into this. thanks man
    me dos

  12. creatine research has come so far, who remembers all the loading, unloading, grape juice, pre post saturation mania that was the late 90's early 2000's
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    creatine research has come so far, who remembers all the loading, unloading, grape juice, pre post saturation mania that was the late 90's early 2000's
    Most new creatine research if not all of it still uses a loading phase.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  14. Thanks for all who answered. This helped
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    creatine research has come so far, who remembers all the loading, unloading, grape juice, pre post saturation mania that was the late 90's early 2000's
    I do! Except I took mine with apple juice I had to hide taking it from my friends and wrestling coaches lol.

    Creatine is an amazing supplement for all that it does and should be a staple in my personal opinion. I just go mono (no boating problems) any time of the day usually in the morning. It is one of the most researched, proven effective and safe for a reason.

    What kind of creatine and aminos are you using?

    - Valdez

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    I do! Except I took mine with apple juice I had to hide taking it from my friends and wrestling coaches lol.

    Creatine is an amazing supplement for all that it does and should be a staple in my personal opinion.
    I agree. I like Mono & MCC the best. I don't notice any bloat so I use Mono most of the time.
    I'm Back...

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    I really like Creatine pre or post but have no real reason why. It really doesn't matter on the timing.
    This is how I take my creatine also. No reason here either just seems to be easier to remember this way, plus I don't get bloated from mono. I still want to try MCC though.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    This is how I take my creatine also. No reason here either just seems to be easier to remember this way, plus I don't get bloated from mono. I still want to try MCC though.
    MCC seems to be the go to choice for those that bloat with mono. SNS has both creatine mono and MCC.

    Do me a favor though - after you try MCC will you let me know differences between that and mono?

    - Valdez

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

    MCC seems to be the go to choice for those that bloat with mono. SNS has both creatine mono and MCC.

    Do me a favor though - after you try MCC will you let me know differences between that and mono?

    - Valdez
    Ya when I do try MCC will be getting SNS of course.

    And ya ill put up a review or something and let you know. I'm kind of curious to see what differences Ill notice.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Ya when I do try MCC will be getting SNS of course.

    And ya ill put up a review or something and let you know. I'm kind of curious to see what differences Ill notice.
    As am I, I've always been a mono guy. I appreciate it man.

    - Valdez
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Creatine and BCAA products
    By reptone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 09:33 AM
  2. Creatine And BCAA's Before/After Workout?
    By Wudog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 04:49 PM
  3. Inulin Fiber and BCAA Post-Workout
    By bmxrazr in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 08:16 PM
  4. Creatine Mono, BCAAS and Kwik Carb from nutraplanet
    By SureShot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 02:42 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Log in
Log in