How to take them? - AnabolicMinds.com

How to take them?

1. New Member
    Answers

How to take them?

Well i have taken bcaas with glutamine and they say are for post workout.I also drink protein post workout.How can i take them?Should i drink them in a raw?Or to drink bcaas and after 20-30 mins i drink my protein?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

I usually mix 20g bcaa in a gallon of water and drink pre, intra and finish it off at the end
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Depends on the goal. On a bulk I find the pointless without a dosing regime (IE 2 hours pre-workout with a higher Leucine content , and perhaps some 30 minutes prior to the post workout meal...). There is no need to add extra Amino Acids at all if your diet is not protein deficient (which it shouldn't be if you are in this sport), or if:

-You are on the late stages of a cut and macronutrient values are already really low
    -You are doing the IF (Lean Gains or ADF) method, in which case zipping them through the fast might be ideal.

If your goal is to burn fat, drinking them through the workout can be a bit pointless since the idea is to "use fat as fuel" and Amino Acids can be used instead by the body if administered through the workout.

The belief that without them you are being catabolic is a myth, muscle mass is more resilient than people credit it for...if you really insist on taking them, I would say do not take them intra workout as there are better ways (already mentioned above) to do so.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Depends on the goal. On a bulk I find the pointless without a dosing regime (IE 2 hours pre-workout with a higher Leucine content , and perhaps some 30 minutes prior to the post workout meal...). There is no need to add extra Amino Acids at all if your diet is not protein deficient (which it shouldn't be if you are in this sport), or if:

-You are on the late stages of a cut and macronutrient values are already really low
    -You are doing the IF (Lean Gains or ADF) method, in which case zipping them through the fast might be ideal.

If your goal is to burn fat, drinking them through the workout can be a bit pointless since the idea is to "use fat as fuel" and Amino Acids can be used instead by the body if administered through the workout.

The belief that without them you are being catabolic is a myth, muscle mass is more resilient than people credit it for...if you really insist on taking them, I would say do not take them intra workout as there are better ways (already mentioned above) to do so.
    ^^^hes good. Celly what about if you are ummm extra anabolic at the moment would it be beneficial to up your bcaa intake?
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    ^^^hes good. Celly what about if you are ummm extra anabolic at the moment would it be beneficial to up your bcaa intake?
    If you are on AAS I would say up real Protein intake, not amino's...AAS benefit in the protein synthesis area. What I mean is, a normal natural trainee needs only a protein allotment of 1g/lb of bw (.7-.8g will be argued by some...) due to natural protein synthesis...An "enhanced" athlete can benefit from 1.5g-2g.

Though if I were on AAS I would actually up the Carb intake a lot more , rather than just worrying about protein !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I personally like BCAAs only intra workout. I usually have protein shake before n after a workout. I know everyone has their own point of view in this matter, but this is what has made the most sense to me

7. New Member
    Answers

So should i take bcaas intra work out?Doesn't matter if it says that they are for recovery.I am at bulking mode.

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate
    So should i take bcaas intra work out?Doesn't matter if it says that they are for recovery.I am at bulking mode.
    Bcaas have nothing to do with bulking really. I think.celorza answered this already but intra is fine after is also fine
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep

9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Its been proven that carbs and aminos right after training are more readily available and better utilized post exercise. I would also recommend A large dose of leucine (4-5grms) with your aminos to basically "flip the switch" and start protein synthesis. I then drink my whey protein isolate shake about 30-40 minutes after that.
    BigMikeC----Americanmuscle.us
    Nothing I say constitutes medical advice. Please check with your medical professional before starting any diet or exercise program.

10. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeC View Post
    Its been proven that carbs and aminos right after training are more readily available and better utilized post exercise. I would also recommend A large dose of leucine (4-5grms) with your aminos to basically "flip the switch" and start protein synthesis. I then drink my whey protein isolate shake about 30-40 minutes after that.
    That helped a lot.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cutting supps how to take and should i mix them?
    By talk2marvin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 02:00 AM
  2. how to take 1-test oral
    By BigRich in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 01:27 AM
  3. Stacking M1T/4-AD and when to take them
    By 9volt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2003, 07:13 AM
  4. How to take liquidex?
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 10:43 PM
  5. Steroid Side Effects And How To Avoid Them (Part 1 & 2)
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 11:34 PM