Bcaa

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With so many choices available I am a little uncertain on which to go with. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I go back and forth between Modern BCAA and RecoverPro

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any validity to the hype around silk aminos?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok sounds good I will look into modern bcaa

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Modern BCAA isn't a bad product. My favorite is Chain'd Out. Tastes awesome. I also really like Power Shock by VPX, but it is an EAA product with Beta Alanine in it as well. If I was buying BCAA I'd go with Chain'd Out, Power Shock, Modern BCAA. I know those 3 have good mixability and cover up the "bcaa" taste pretty well.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you generally take it with your preworkout drink? Was also thinking about taking some with a little cottage cheese before bed.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Any validity to the hype around silk aminos?
No just stick with typical BCAAs if you want to use them.
well............
i'm not educated enough on SAA (nor have i yet tried..soon tho) but -
there is a large difference between BCAA and SAA fellas.
BCAA vs EAA have some distinct differences.

can't wait to get ahold of our new BCAA+SAA product to play with..it just looks sexy.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well............
i'm not educated enough on SAA (nor have i yet tried..soon tho) but -
there is a large difference between BCAA and SAA fellas.
BCAA vs EAA have some distinct differences.

can't wait to get ahold of our new BCAA+SAA product to play with..it just looks sexy.
Very interesting

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I had never heard of this stuff.......
My favorite is Chain'd Out. Tastes awesome. .
and I figured Id look at the profile.

Is all of this bogus!?!?

BCAA’s can be myotropic if they are correctly structured, protected and delivered right. Never being satisfied with simply good or even just excellent, we at ALR Industries have taken BCAA’s to the ultimate level for mind-blowing effects. Author L. Rea decided to turn the power way up on the “muscle building drive” with Chain’d Out™. First, we utilized esterification technology to increase oral bioavailability 200-300%. Yes, this means way more bang for your buck. Even more important is the fact that our ester-protected BCAA’s in Chain’d Out™ greatly avoids gluconeogenesis (break-down and conversion to glucose for regular caloric utilization). Why would you pay for a BCAA with half to one third the oral bioavailability and risk the majority of your muscle gains? Why not simply protect yourself from catabolic muscle loss while adding more muscle instead?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Real busy right now but if others haven't come in with info on the SAA I will try and find some of the "research" on it I have somewhere.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Whacked,

You know companies overhype. There were some studies done with other bcaa products that showed blood glucose levels before, 15-min after, and 90-min after ingestion. I do know that Chain'd Out had much less conversion of bcaa to glucose via gluconeogenesis as compared to the other products tested. This is obviously beneficial in many ways. The malic acid and the alpha-hydroxy protection are my guesses as to why this occurred. I was sponsored by ALR for a few years and really got used to the product. When I switched to another companies bcaa's I got a little gastro-intestinal discomfort so I've continued to use Chain'd Out. Plus I love how it tastes. As I stated before there are plenty of good BCAA products out there, that just happens to be my favorite and if it's true that it converts to glucose at a lesser rate, that's even greater, especially when trying to stabalize insulin and lose weight.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sounds pretty hypey. BCAA's already have good absorption so claiming 200-300% better absorption really raises an eyebrow. They might use better quality aminos but that isn't going to "supercharge" much of anything.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
How far thee hath fallen, L Rea. How far indeed.

I remember when he used to call us "Lads". lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Whacked, that description is so full of **** I don't even know where to begin. ALRI should be avoided due to major issues in the past. SAA are also bunk if you look closely at the actual ffAA breakdown. Leucine is king if going the BCAA route.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is an ideal amount to take in a day? I've heard some people taking them 4 times a day. Is that wasteful?

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
What is an ideal amount to take in a day? I've heard some people taking them 4 times a day. Is that wasteful?
I wouldn't say it's wasteful to take them 4 times per day, depending on dosing. I usually take some BCAA/EAA first thing in the morning then a couple of times throughout the day between meals as well as during my workouts. If I want to drink more I drink more. It also is dependent on diet. If your diet is spot on, you won't need as many obviously.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
I have always used modern bcaas, xtend and chained out. All very good in my opinion and i take mine exactly how hossjob does right in the morning before my fasted cardio, during training and a couple of times in between meals.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RecoverPro is pretty good and cheap. Axis Labs N'Gage is my favorite though because it taste excellent and it mixes completely and instantly.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I try to stick to a 40/40/20 diet but the last few weeks I am hungry all the time so haven't been doing so well

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Dietary ratios are irrelevant since dietary needs are dictated by LBM and activity levels.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there an amount to shoot for? Or am I over thinking this?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is there an amount to shoot for? Or am I over thinking this?
Ideally, 1g protein/lb LBM. You can increase this figure while cutting.

Carbs higher on a bulk, lower on a cut (with refeeds).

Fats at 0.45g fat/lb BW -> good mix of saturated, MUFAs, PUFAs, etc.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the info guys!! That's why I love this site!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BCAA Plus from TrueNutrition 90 servings, tastes good, decent price.

-Matt