Do i need creatine even though craze alrwady has it?

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
I'm taking condense and dpol now and thinking about taking creatine... Hears the kicker if I switch my pwo to craze and hemoval do I still need creatine cause craze already has it

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
What kind of creatine is in it and how much?

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
but i prolly have 2 weeks left of dpol and condense left so thats what i want to figure out if its okay

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
I am assuming it's not 5 grams. Most pre workout products don't have 5 grams of creatine in it. Some have only 1 gram, which will do nothing unless your looking at it as a joint product. I'd use 5-7 grams of monohydrate post workout regardless though.

LUWIS THE MAN

LUWIS THE MAN

Awards
Nutraplanet.com is the exclusive retailer of Anabolicminds.com. Please do NOT link to or promote other retail stores on the forum, PM's, profiles or anywhere on the site.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much Creatine Monohydrate should I take?
The Basics
It is commonly recommended that a person divide their supplementing regimes into three separate phases. These have been termed the loading, maintenance and wash-out phases. The sum of these three phases is known as one period. Several periods can be chained together in a process known as periodizing.

Loading Phase: The purpose of the loading phase is to rapidly fill your muscle creatine stores within a brief period of only a few days.

Maintenance Phase: As it’s name implies, the maintenance dose should just compensate for the amount of creatine used on a daily basis in order to maintain the stores full.

Wash-out Phase: The wash-out period allows the body to recover from the artificially high creatine levels observed during supplementation that the body would not ordinarily encounter in everyday life. The wash-out period is mainly a precaution, since the long term consequences of creatine supplementation are not well known or understood.

Period: The cycling between these three phases has been termed periodizing. A period begins with each new loading phase and ends with the wash-out phase.

In the original scientific study that devised the loading strategy of taking creatine, a person’s creatine dose is a function of their weight (see reference below). This makes sense since a person’s capacity to store creatine is determined by their amount of muscle mass. During the loading phase, 0.3 grams of creatine should be taken for each kilogram of bodyweight.

NOTE: A scoop is usually provided by the manufacturer in the creatine container. The instructions on the side of the container should indicate how many grams of creatine are provided in each scoop of creatine. One scoop’s worth of creatine is often referred to as serving size. Also see Concluding Remarks.

How to calculate your weight in kilograms.
To calculate your creatine dose, you must first know your weight in kilograms. To convert you weight in pounds to kilograms, simply divide your weight in pounds by 2.2. For example, a 154 pound person would weigh 70 kilograms; 154 / 2.2 = 70.

How to calculate your creatine dose.
To calculate your loading dose, simply multiply your weight in kilograms by 0.3. For example, a 70 kilogram person would take 21 grams of creatine per day during the loading phase; 0.3 x 70 = 21.

For those of you who would rather not do the math, a table of creatine dose is provided below.

Creatine Dosing Table
(per day)

untitled.JPG

Note: Below your weight is your corresponding creatine dose.

How to take your creatine dose.
Divide the loading dose into 4 equal parts; take one part every 4-5 hours. In other words, if your loading dose is 20 grams per day, you would take 5 grams of creatine four times a day during the loading phase. For the best results completely dissolve this amount of creatine powder into at least 16 ounces of fruit juice. Take one part with your morning meal, another at lunch, one immediately after your workout, and one before you go to bed. Again, do not take creatine immediately before you work out. The reason for this will be given in a subsequent newsletter. The loading phase should not exceed 5 days.

NOTE: As far as creatine is concerned, more isn’t necessarily better. During the five days of loading, an equivalent of one day’s creatine dose (~20 grams) is absorbed by our muscles. This is equal to about 1/5, or 20%, of our pre-existing muscle creatine reserves. After five days, creatine absorption by skeletal muscle declines precipitously. This can be either because the muscle is full or because creatine entry at the muscle surface is being blocked. No matter the reason, it doesn’t make sense (economically or physiologically) to continue creatine loading for more than 5 days.

Maintenance
Normally, our creatine stores degrade at a rate of about 2 grams per day. This amount would need to be replaced each day in order to “maintain” the stores full. The purpose of the maintenance dose is to replace this loss amount of creatine. During the maintenance phase, reduce the creatine dose to 0.03 grams of creatine per kilogram of body weight. This is equivalent to 2.1 grams of creatine per day for a 70 kilogram (154 pound) person; 70 x 0.03=2.1. It is recommended that the maintenance phase not exceed 4-5 weeks. Take the maintenance dose immediately following your workout.

Wash-out
Following the maintenance phase a wash-out period should be incorporated to allow the body to recover from abnormally high creatine concentrations. The commonly recommended duration of the wash-out period is one month. Usually our muscle creatine reserves return to their original levels after one month of stopping supplementation. After washout, the next round of supplementation may commence again.

Concluding Remarks
Remember that these values are for pure creatine monohydrate. If your creatine product contains other additives, such as sugars, this will increase the recommended dose. This should be explained with the manufactures instructions. Nevertheless, the actual amount of creatine you take should not exceed what was outlined above.

Original Scientific Reference:

Hultman, E., Soderlund K., Timmons, J. A., Cederblad, G. and Greenhaff, P. L. (1996) Muscle creatine loading in men. Journal of Applied Physiology, Volume 81(1), pages 232-237

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Based on the above chart at your weight you need no more than 3g for maintenance. Based on the proprietary formula of craze it is second on the list of ~4500mg it would be reasonably safe to say that you would achieve the maintenance dose you need. I would not spend the money on any additional creatine.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm taking condense and dpol now and thinking about taking creatine... Hears the kicker if I switch my pwo to craze and hemoval do I still need creatine cause craze already has it

You only need 3-5 grams of creatine a day. Doesn't have to be taken pre or post even though that's how I dose it. Find out how much craze has in it then however else much you need to get to around 3-5 grams, dose postworkout IMO.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Based on the above chart at your weight you need no more than 3g for maintenance. Based on the proprietary formula of craze it is second on the list of ~4500mg it would be reasonably safe to say that you would achieve the maintenance dose you need.
What he said lol.

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
wow! very good info!! so i would need 25g for my loading phase and 2.5 to maintain, how much water should i be drinking during loading phase? and how long do i need to maintain after the loading phase??

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please reread the artcile I posted. I bolded for you the answers that are already in the article. Drink plenty of water. More isn't awlays better but I do find that I can initially get dehydrated from mono so drink plenty.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Im not sure how much craze has in it but i do take creatine post workout by itself as well

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
do i need to take the creatine 7 days a week? or just during my workouts, which are 5 days a week... Also when taking the creatine do i have to take it with grape juice everytime i take it lol? or just during loading phase, and one more question, when taking it after my workouts can i mix it with my protein shakes or do i have to take it seprate??

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do i need to take the creatine 7 days a week? or just during my workouts, which are 5 days a week... Also when taking the creatine do i have to take it with grape juice everytime i take it lol? or just during loading phase, and one more question, when taking it after my workouts can i mix it with my protein shakes or do i have to take it seprate??
Only on workout days. No you don't have to take it with grapejuice everytime. Yes you can mix it in ur protein.

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
Does it matter it I mix it in all my protein drinks?

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
Meaning mix in in every morning with my shakes which is just water and my protein..

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No that's perfectly fine.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Even though Hemavol doesn't contain creatine, it goes very well with Craze.

primetime32

Awards
If your only source of creatine is from Craze (1 scoop), i would definitely supplement creatine. Craze doesn't list the amount of creatine so it could be anywhere from 1-3g. That is not enough on its own. Considering the cheap cost of creatine mono it makes sense to sprinkle some in.