SciVation Xtend - AnabolicMinds.com

SciVation Xtend

  1. New Member
    thenewkid4011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1099

    SciVation Xtend


    Product looks good, interested in taking it but does it work ? Haven't found many people talking about this so i figured id ask haha

    ( might not have looked to hard so give me a break if there are more of these threads hahah )

    Also of you have tried any recommended flavors ?

  2. New Member
    thenewkid4011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1099

    Also can it be used with pre-workout ? Like say i take my pre-workout then while working out can i still take this ?

  3. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,656
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2038258

    Quote Originally Posted by thenewkid4011
    Product looks good, interested in taking it but does it work ? Haven't found many people talking about this so i figured id ask haha

    ( might not have looked to hard so give me a break if there are more of these threads hahah )

    Also of you have tried any recommended flavors ?
    Not a bad product. It was a favorite of mine for a while but now I'm hooked in ModernBCAA but I am a bit biased. Taste of modern is better though, that's real talk. ModernBCAA also has a higher leucine content for better results. They also mix up in about a good 30sec shake.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

    •   
       

  4. New Member
    thenewkid4011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1099

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    Not a bad product. It was a favorite of mine for a while but now I'm hooked in ModernBCAA but I am a bit biased. Taste of modern is better though, that's real talk. ModernBCAA also has a higher leucine content for better results. They also mix up in about a good 30sec shake.
    Can either xtend or Modern be taken even tho im using a pre-workout ?

  5. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,656
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2038258

    Quote Originally Posted by thenewkid4011

    Can either xtend or Modern be taken even tho im using a pre-workout ?
    Yep. I mix my jack3d micro with modernBCAA, both are fruit bunch and taste great together.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  6. New Member
    thenewkid4011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1099

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    Yep. I mix my jack3d micro with modernBCAA, both are fruit bunch and taste great together.
    Awsome thank you for the help

  7. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,656
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2038258

    Quote Originally Posted by thenewkid4011

    Awsome thank you for the help
    No problem
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  8. MAN up!!
    mpaquett's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1027232

    Xtend is good stuff. Top 2 favorite BCAAs. Depends on what my goals are as to which I like better. I picked up a variety pack a while ago and was pretty impressed with all the flavors.

  9. Senior Member
    Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,085
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54640

    Quote Originally Posted by mpaquett View Post
    Xtend is good stuff. Top 2 favorite BCAAs. Depends on what my goals are as to which I like better. I picked up a variety pack a while ago and was pretty impressed with all the flavors.
    What did you think of Orange?
    Ive had Blue raz, grape and apple in the 90 serving tubs. Ive had apple the last two times and think i need a change. Apple has been my favourite so far.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

  10. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,656
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2038258

    Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic

    What did you think of Orange?
    Ive had Blue raz, grape and apple in the 90 serving tubs. Ive had apple the last two times and think i need a change. Apple has been my favourite so far.
    Orange was my favorite, I'd mix it with my gallon jug of sugar free tang. Was reeeallly good then.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  11. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,801
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    957087

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Orange was my favorite, I'd mix it with my gallon jug of sugar free tang. Was reeeallly good then.
    That sounds tasty!
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

  12. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,801
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    957087

    I like apple a lot. The lemon-lime is good too. Taste like Gatorade basically.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

  13. MAN up!!
    mpaquett's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1027232

    Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    What did you think of Orange?
    Ive had Blue raz, grape and apple in the 90 serving tubs. Ive had apple the last two times and think i need a change. Apple has been my favourite so far.
    It's been to long for me to even remember them all at this point. Orange typically isn't one of my go to flavors, but I couldn't say for sure how well I liked it. It's probably been +6 months since I tried it.

  14. New Member
    tsugsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    77
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    40881

    I've gotten the watermelon flavor several times and really like it! Havnt seen the flavors mention before, I may have to find some.

  15. New Member
    newbreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    235
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    37188

    I used Xtend for a while then switched over to Modern BCAAs and haven't gone back. MBCAAs has more leucine and a form of glutamine that has more stability in water as opposed to regular glutamine. The flavors aren't too strong which I like. The Grape Bubblegum actually tastes like grape as opposed to other companies grape flavors tasting like cough medicine.

  16. MAN up!!
    mpaquett's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1027232

    Quote Originally Posted by newbreed View Post
    I used Xtend for a while then switched over to Modern BCAAs and haven't gone back. MBCAAs has more leucine and a form of glutamine that has more stability in water as opposed to regular glutamine. The flavors aren't too strong which I like. The Grape Bubblegum actually tastes like grape as opposed to other companies grape flavors tasting like cough medicine.
    From what aspect is the glutamine more beneficial? Why not just take bulk leucine? I've never seen anything but 2:1:1 studied that I can recall. What's the benefit?

    Not hating. Just saying.

  17. New Member
    Luke_PNI's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    244
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    308140

    I think its a great product/taste. I drink mine during my workouts to keep my body anabolic. I will even drink them in between meals.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com

  18. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,656
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2038258

    Quote Originally Posted by mpaquett View Post
    From what aspect is the glutamine more beneficial? Why not just take bulk leucine? I've never seen anything but 2:1:1 studied that I can recall. What's the benefit?

    Not hating. Just saying.
    In terms of the leucine, the reasoning here is that, from a strictly technical standpoint, the data displays that only leucine and those other amino acids structurally related to leucine are responsible for the increase in mTOR commonly associated with BCAA supplementation.

    By increasing the “normal” ratio of leucine to the other two branched chain amino acids, we ensure two things:

    Double & mega dosing are unnecessary, as we have already doubled the component that is primarily responsible for the protein turnover and synthesis increases we see with BCAAs.

    Competitive metabolism between the amino acids will not lower leucine levels to the point that it is unable to regulate mTOR.

    Simply put, a 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 bias, while effective, is by no means optimal for mTOR signaling pathway activation, and an increase in protein synthesis associated with it.

    This particular product consists of a glutamine dipeptide (L-alanyl-L-glutamine), which is more stable and far more water soluble than regular L-glutamine.

    These physicochemical properties alone may provide greater effectiveness as compared to l-glutamine. However, the presence of a unique intestinal transporter for the dipeptide may also allow for an increased amount of glutamine to reach the bloodstream and into skeletal muscle as compared to regular free L-glutamine.

    These notions are supported by the higher glutamine concentrations in plasma and skeletal muscle of animal models administered alanyl-glutamine, as compared to those observed with free L-glutamine .

    Hope that helps my friend.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  19. MAN up!!
    mpaquett's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1027232

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    In terms of the leucine, the reasoning here is that, from a strictly technical standpoint, the data displays that only leucine and those other amino acids structurally related to leucine are responsible for the increase in mTOR commonly associated with BCAA supplementation.

    By increasing the “normal” ratio of leucine to the other two branched chain amino acids, we ensure two things:

    Double & mega dosing are unnecessary, as we have already doubled the component that is primarily responsible for the protein turnover and synthesis increases we see with BCAAs.

    Competitive metabolism between the amino acids will not lower leucine levels to the point that it is unable to regulate mTOR.

    Simply put, a 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 bias, while effective, is by no means optimal for mTOR signaling pathway activation, and an increase in protein synthesis associated with it.

    This particular product consists of a glutamine dipeptide (L-alanyl-L-glutamine), which is more stable and far more water soluble than regular L-glutamine.

    These physicochemical properties alone may provide greater effectiveness as compared to l-glutamine. However, the presence of a unique intestinal transporter for the dipeptide may also allow for an increased amount of glutamine to reach the bloodstream and into skeletal muscle as compared to regular free L-glutamine.

    These notions are supported by the higher glutamine concentrations in plasma and skeletal muscle of animal models administered alanyl-glutamine, as compared to those observed with free L-glutamine .

    Hope that helps my friend.
    Word. Never looked into the product before, but I see where you are coming from. Thanks!

  20. New Member
    newbreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    235
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    37188

    Quote Originally Posted by mpaquett View Post
    Word. Never looked into the product before, but I see where you are coming from. Thanks!
    Check it out and see what you think. My favorite BCAA product by far

  21. Senior Member
    Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,085
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    54640

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Orange was my favorite, I'd mix it with my gallon jug of sugar free tang. Was reeeallly good then.
    Thanks, I ended up getting orange. It tastes good and mixes well with other suppliments.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

  22. New Member
    WPChickDiesel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    44496

    Quote Originally Posted by thenewkid4011 View Post
    Product looks good, interested in taking it but does it work ? Haven't found many people talking about this so i figured id ask haha

    ( might not have looked to hard so give me a break if there are more of these threads hahah )

    Also of you have tried any recommended flavors ?
    I love Xtend...its a good bcaa powder supplement. You can take it as directed or whenever really. I used it to refresh my water from always using crystal light and it was a good switch. The only problem is i dont care for the price...especially if you use it more frequently than others. Look into Muscle Gauge Nutrition's Extended. It comes in a tart lemonade flavor and is very affordable. Go to MGN store dot com.

    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CutDiet and Scivation Xtend
    By jester87 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 02:35 AM
  2. Scivation Xtend
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 02:39 PM
  3. Scivation XTEND Orange!!!!!!!!!
    By vika808 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
  4. Orange Scivation Xtend
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 07:28 AM
  5. scivation xtend
    By fame126 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in