Capsaicin and chili peppers

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's a few non-pungent capsaicin analogues on the market. Personally, I prefer the heat and burn from my chili's.

Regardless, they are great for health and may promote some improvements in body composition.

Read on

The power of chili peppers « jasoncholewa

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's a few non-pungent capsaicin analogues on the market. Personally, I prefer the heat and burn from my chili's.

Regardless, they are great for health and may promote some improvements in body composition.

Read on

The power of chili peppers « jasoncholewa
Great read Jason. I myself cant handle jalapenos as they are to hot for me to enjoy.

I do take capsaicium though and do feel some of the benefits mentioned.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys will love aav2. It has capsaicinoids which encompasses capsaicin And other strong components!!!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are beginning to be my favorite blogger. Another good read as always.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is also effective for local adipose via transdermal application. Burns your ass off - literally.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is also effective for local adipose via transdermal application. Burns your ass off - literally.
Isn't there a topical that adds casaicin? With all the damn supplements I read on I either confuse, mix or forget products.

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've homebrewed but imagine there are by now.
Also, you read a study on localized admin or just noticed it when you tried it? Or both?

Sure would be nice to "burn" these pesky love handles off

- Valdez

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, you read a study on localized admin or just noticed it when you tried it? Or both?

- Valdez
I think genomyx made a topical with capsaicin in it. There is an TRVP1 recept agonist called capsiate that is non-pungent (doesn't burn) and activates the capsaicin (TVRP1) receptor similarly to capsacinoids.

Br

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think genomyx made a topical with capsaicin in it. There is an TRVP1 recept agonist called capsiate that is non-pungent (doesn't burn) and activates the capsaicin (TVRP1) receptor similarly to capsacinoids.

Br
Capsiate, non pungent is dosed in studies I've seen 10 mg a day. I had a hard time finding it but it's out there somewhere

However you can get enteric coate capsaicin called capsimax if you have gi issues with regular capsaicin and capsaicinoids

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Capsiate, non pungent is dosed in studies I've seen 10 mg a day. I had a hard time finding it but it's out there somewhere

However you can get enteric coate capsaicin called capsimax if you have gi issues with regular capsaicin and capsaicinoids

I thought capsimax was capsiate? One of the studies I reviewed for that article used Capsimax product, and found some good results. I believe it was the one whereby they found capsiacin/capsiate increased lipolysis without effecting heart rate, blood pressure, or EPI/NE concentrations.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought capsimax was capsiate? One of the studies I reviewed for that article used Capsimax product, and found some good results. I believe it was the one whereby they found capsiacin/capsiate increased lipolysis without effecting heart rate, blood pressure, or EPI/NE concentrations.
Capsimax is enteric coated. They use I believe 2 mg per servin

Capsiate is non pungent first need to be enteric coated.

I looked into both for AAv2. I like the capsaicinoids better

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

- Valdez
I did this years ago. I just found an old article and there is a thread as well.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/kick-it-up-a-notch-how-to-enhance-your-lipoderm-for-greater-fat-loss/

Capsaicin is the stuff in peppers that gives them their hot taste. Of interest here is that, when nerves are exposed to capsaicin, they release a very large amount of CGRP. Of course, too much CGRP and you can actually damage the nerve permanently. Curiously, by permanently damaging capsaicin-sensitive nerves, rats and mice actually get leaner. For example, in one study researchers took mice and desensitized them to capsaicin by giving them a very large dose of the compound at the age of 1.5 months. They then compared those mice with matched controls at one year of age. What they found was that that the desensitized mice had 9% less epididymal and 30 % less retroperitoneal fat than the controls. This was due to a reduction in the number of fat cells. The authors proposed that by desensitizing the capsaicin-sensitive neurons they attenuated the normal age-associated increase in CGRP activity and thus promoted whole body insulin insensitivity.

Now it’s entirely questionable if humans would have a similar reaction, as rats and mice use their capsaicin-sensitive neurons to regulate thermogenesis in their brown fat tissue. So, we could be witnessing some kind of interaction with the brown fat thermogenesis system, which in turn causes this leanness. Now, much can be said about capsaicin as a fat loss aid at least in rats. But we are kind of getting off track.

What we really want to do for our purposes is provide a small dose of capsaicin to the nerve tissue that surrounds our subcutaneous adipose tissue. This way CGRP is released in this region resulting in localized insulin resistance, which should enhance fat loss from the targeted area. Furthermore CGRP is one of the most potent—if not the most potent –vasodilator naturally produced by the human body. So, it should substantially increase blood flow to the area, allowing for removal of the fatty acids that are released by Lipoderm’s lipolytic ingredients.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/5734-spooky-lipoderm-ultra

Here is my run - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/avant-research-labs/84634-topical-liquid-capzasin.html

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did this years ago. I just found an old article and there is a thread as well.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/kick-it-up-a-notch-how-to-enhance-your-lipoderm-for-greater-fat-loss/

Capsaicin is the stuff in peppers that gives them their hot taste. Of interest here is that, when nerves are exposed to capsaicin, they release a very large amount of CGRP. Of course, too much CGRP and you can actually damage the nerve permanently. Curiously, by permanently damaging capsaicin-sensitive nerves, rats and mice actually get leaner. For example, in one study researchers took mice and desensitized them to capsaicin by giving them a very large dose of the compound at the age of 1.5 months. They then compared those mice with matched controls at one year of age. What they found was that that the desensitized mice had 9% less epididymal and 30 % less retroperitoneal fat than the controls. This was due to a reduction in the number of fat cells. The authors proposed that by desensitizing the capsaicin-sensitive neurons they attenuated the normal age-associated increase in CGRP activity and thus promoted whole body insulin insensitivity.

Now it’s entirely questionable if humans would have a similar reaction, as rats and mice use their capsaicin-sensitive neurons to regulate thermogenesis in their brown fat tissue. So, we could be witnessing some kind of interaction with the brown fat thermogenesis system, which in turn causes this leanness. Now, much can be said about capsaicin as a fat loss aid at least in rats. But we are kind of getting off track.

What we really want to do for our purposes is provide a small dose of capsaicin to the nerve tissue that surrounds our subcutaneous adipose tissue. This way CGRP is released in this region resulting in localized insulin resistance, which should enhance fat loss from the targeted area. Furthermore CGRP is one of the most potent—if not the most potent –vasodilator naturally produced by the human body. So, it should substantially increase blood flow to the area, allowing for removal of the fatty acids that are released by Lipoderm’s lipolytic ingredients.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/5734-spooky-lipoderm-ultra

Here is my run - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/avant-research-labs/84634-topical-liquid-capzasin.html
Awesome David! Thank you sir:)

- Valdez

domore

Awards
I guess I showed up fashionably late for the party.

Thanks for another great piece, ZiRRED. I love working up a sweat when I eat. :)

I grilled habaneros, jalapenos, and serranos, and used them to smother my grilled chicken. It looked like I jumped in a pool.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't had a chance to read this but you fellas may be interested -

A low-calorie diet drives testosterone production down, a real nuisance for natural athletes who not only want to decimate their fat reserves but also maintain their lean body mass. Supplementing with capsaicin – and perhaps analogues too – may offer hope, according to a Turkish animal study.

Link

http://www.ergo-log.com/diet-capsaicin-testosterone.html

- Valdez

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aav2 contains capsaicin, dihydrocapsaicin and evodiamine

Hmm.... ;)

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
I love capsaicin lol, today I had the "endorphin rush" sauce at Tijuana Flats. Put a whole thing of it in my taco and it had me literally sweating. Hot sauce is the best , good to know that it really does have health benefits.