Making PH Stable Sodium-d-aspartate

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
An article on another website explained one can “easily make your own PH stable sodium-d-aspartate from the cheap stuff you buy at your favorite bulk supplier: Take 2.66 g of D-aspartic acid neutralize it with 0.46 g of NaOH in 10 ml distilled water and you get a final pH of 6.5 - 7-0 - that's it, you are good to go.”

I do not have access to NaOH and am not sure I would want to use it if I did.

[h=1]Question: Does anyone know if you can make a neutralized (PH stable) sodium-d-aspartate by mixing it with sodium bicarbonate or potassium bicarbonate, rather than by mixing it with Sodium Hydroxide?[/h]

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There really is no need. Bulk DAA is fine. The benefit from sodium D-aspartate vs DAA is really minimal as solubility isn't really a problem. All it really offers is a less chance of stomach upset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There really is no need. Bulk DAA is fine. The benefit from sodium D-aspartate vs DAA is really minimal as solubility isn't really a problem. All it really offers is a less chance of stomach upset.

Thank you.

Stomach issues area bit of a concern. What are your thoughts on taking it along a small amount of sodium bicarbonate or potassium bicarbonate?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are experience stomach upset from daa then it should help. Just dissolve it in baking soda

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Solubility is a major issue with DAA. Bulk DAA won't homogenize in aqueous solution and thus has poorer GI uptake. This is the very reason for the stomach upset you mentioned.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Once it enters the gut, solubility in water becomes a moot issue

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Once it enters the gut, solubility in water becomes a moot issue

Not if homogeneity isn't achieved prior to reaching the AA transporter. It's not all about pH.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not if homogeneity isn't achieved prior to reaching the AA transporter. It's not all about pH.
When discussing the bioavailability and absorption of aminos, it kinda is since the solubility of aminos is a function of PH.

Remember not all vitamins are water soluble. Hell BCAAs aren't very water soluble themselves and yet we consume and metabolize them just fine. The idea that something must be water soluble in order to be digested and utilized is just silly. Not saying that water solubility isnt an important factor in the bioavailability of a drug becauae it is especially one the is transported via passive diffusion but this is not a drug but an amino acid which exist an active transport mechanism across the intestinal wall and once inside the small intestine it will become completely soluble in water.

The lack of water solubility of DAA at a neutral pH is irrelevant really when it comes to bioavailability and absorption of aminos.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Delete

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
When discussing the bioavailability and absorption of aminos, it kinda is since the solubility of aminos is a function of PH. Remember not all vitamins are water soluble. Hell BCAAs aren't very water soluble themselves and yet we consume and metabolize them just fine. The idea that something must be water soluble in order to be digested and utilized is just silly. Not saying that water solubility isnt an important factor in the bioavailability of a drug becauae it is especially one the is transported via passive diffusion but this is not a drug but an amino acid which exist an active transport mechanism across the intestinal wall and once inside the small intestine it will become completely soluble in water. The lack of water solubility of DAA at a neutral pH is irrelevant really when it comes to bioavailability and absorption of aminos.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
I'll touch on this when I'm back. Solubility is a factor that affects total absorption. It is not synonymous with bioavailability. I'm not asserting that neutral pH matters (considering the moment it hits your stomach everything changes). It's more an issue of kinetics.