doctors prescribed humapro?

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
wondering how the Cinnamon Apple Pie and Grape Jelly taste.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I have been using HumaPro for over a year now, and have stopped using whey or other protein powders. I am happy with the results so far, nothing spectacular.

I trust your opinion mr.cooper69 as I try to read all your posts on AM. It seems the industry is split in its opinion of Author, so say he's a genius and some say he's the direct opposite. Marc Lobline seems to think highly of Author and his products nowadays.

Back to HumaPro. You don't think Author is on to something?

HumaPro®

100% Absorbed & 99% Utilized by the Human Body†
Optimal Amino Acid ratio for human absorption†
Produces virtually zero waste†
Outperforms whey protein by 501%†
Nets under 1 calorie per serving (only 0.004 calories per gram)†
Promotes Nutrient Repartitioning†
Helps keep blood glucose levels stable†

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
I have been using HumaPro for over a year now, and have stopped using whey or other protein powders. I am happy with the results so far, nothing spectacular.

I trust your opinion mr.cooper69 as I try to read all your posts on AM. It seems the industry is split in its opinion of Author, so say he's a genius and some say he's the direct opposite. Marc Lobline seems to think highly of Author and his products nowadays.

i actually really enjoy humapro too.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Have you looked at the profile? Humapro is just an EAA supplement...like the tons of other ones out there. Humapro just happens to benefit from unrealistic marketing and the naivete of the masses

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
100% Absorbed & 99% Utilized by the Human Body† -Whole proteins are about 95% absorbed so who cares
Optimal Amino Acid ratio for human absorption† - No such thing
Produces virtually zero waste† - Same with protein
Outperforms whey protein by 501%† - No it doesn't
Nets under 1 calorie per serving (only 0.004 calories per gram)† - Again, another blatant lie
Promotes Nutrient Repartitioning† - Another lie
Helps keep blood glucose levels stable† - In diabetics, bitter melon will do so, yes. However, EAAs are highly insulinogenic so this product will actually have the opposite effect

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Lastly, you know you're dealing with a moron formulator if they put tryptophan in the same blend as BCAAs AND suggest using it prior or during exercise (free form tryptophan induces fatigue...which is one of the reasons that BCAAs are thought to buffer fatigue, since BCAAs compete with tryptophan for absorption).

M

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Author is terrible....
Warning on Dietary Supplement Venom Hyperdrive 3.0 (April 2009) - YouTube

here is a link to the information about the drug that was spiked in his product
Sibutramine - PubMed Health
some of the side effects:
"

• you should know that sibutramine may make you drowsy and may affect your judgment, your ability to think, and your coordination. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
  • remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this medication. Ask your doctor about the safe use of alcoholic beverages while you are taking sibutramine.
  • ask your doctor about drinking coffee, tea, or caffeinated beverages while taking sibutramine. Caffeine may make the side effects from sibutramine worse."
I took this stuff back in college and celebrated with some wings and three beers after one of my exams (I had take the product in the morning). I blacked out and semi came to in a strangers house yelling at me where I had passed out on the ground. I figured I had been slipped something somehow but it looks like it was the product.

I have no respect for any of their products or Author.

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
mr cooper what u think bout chaind out?

BCAA Malfactor 211 Matrix:
LeuMal (Leucine Malate), IsoMal (Isoleucine Malate), ValMal (Valine Malate)
7,000mg**
PerformActiv Propietary Matrix Blend:
Alanine, LTheanine, CordyActiv (Dong Chong Xia Cao), RhoActiv (Rhodiola Rosea Extract), AppleActiv (Apple Peel Extract)
1,800mg

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do yourself a favor and just mix SNS Citrulline Malate with USPLabs Modern BCAA. You'll get a way more effective product at a fraction of the price per serving.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
Lastly, you know you're dealing with a moron formulator if they put tryptophan in the same blend as BCAAs AND suggest using it prior or during exercise (free form tryptophan induces fatigue...which is one of the reasons that BCAAs are thought to buffer fatigue, since BCAAs compete with tryptophan for absorption).
Purus Labs has made AminOD and Author made this statement on FB:

"Greg, I appreciate the heads-up but its NOT in the same catagory as HumaPro. AminoD lacks the correct human plasma matrix and ratio of all 8 EAAs plus 2 semi-essential amino acids required for protein synthesis, it is not a "Complete Protein Matrix" (You can not live on it as a sole protein like you can on HumaPro, you would need other whole proteins to supply the must-have-to-live amino acids tryptophan and methionine it does not have) plus it is not 99% utilized for protein synthesis (lean mass recovery and building), and would have way more than only 1% waste. It is more of a hybred BCAA for the most part...based on what the write up says. It looks well formulated for that purpose, at least IMHO. Possibly on par with Chain'd Out...but we would need a study testing the glucose conversion (finger prick and glucometer 30 minutes after ingestion) to say for sure. I doubt Brandon was trying to knock-off HumaPro, Greg. He does a good and respectable job of thinking for himself rather than attempting to make cheap knock-off products."

AminOD/Purus Labs:

"Purus Labs Introduces AminOD
Date: October 30, 2013

Purus Labs AminOD
(Essential Amino Acid Repletion Drink)

OVERVIEW
The importance of amino acids, concerning muscle protein synthesis, has long been accepted and validated; however, which exact amino acids at what specific ratios are the more important questions, along with what total dosage amount and when should it be consumed. We conducted a meta analysis on over 10 years of ergogenic amino acid research to bring you the most comprehensively anabolic amino acid composition available. It even outperforms whole protein.

RATIONALE & CONSTITUENTS
Essential Amino Acids (EAAs) have consistently outperformed whole protein and other mixed amino acid formulas regarding stimulating Muscle Protein Synthesis (MPS) and maintaining a positive net protein balance (NPB). Succinctly, AminOD utilizes 7 of the 10 EAAs, based upon the 6g composition derived from Tipton, Borsheim, et al. data and strategically merged with the ratios from Pasiakos’ studies using heightened L-Leucine content. It is devoid of L-Methionine due to life extension purposes discussed in detail below.

Whole protein, consumed either pre or post exercise, was proven inferior at enhancing muscle amino acid uptake and muscle protein balance when compared to EAA + Carbohydrate (CHO) solution taken at either of the same time-points (Tipton 2007).

Consuming this 6g mixture 1 and 2 hours post, without CHO, was also shown to be 2x more impactful on stimulating net muscle protein balance when compared to another 6g blend of EAAs and Non Essential Amino Acids (NEAAs), much like whole protein (Borsheim 2002). This study was powerful as it proved there is no need for NEAAs regarding muscle protein synthesis (MPS), only EAAs. It also let us know we could drop the 35 CHO, as it proved they had no added benefit on MPS.

Furthermore, EAAs, not NEAAs, were shown to individually stimulate MPS when administered in bolus dosages (Smith et all 1994), further sustaining that NEAAs are irrelevant.

The research speaks, a carefully designed EAA formula is more anabolic than whole protein...and a ton cheaper!

The 6g EAA composition, used by multiple researchers as depicted above, served as our base structural formula for AminOD, as it was designed specifically to mimic muscle tissue amino acid content (Borsheim, et al. 2002) and had consistent human, oral research surrounding it.

We chose to enhance the Leucine content based on Dreyer’s work showing Leucine enriched EAA + CHO formula, consumed post resistance training, increased mTOR activation leading to greater MPS (Dreyer et al. 2008).

We used another, more current, EAA composition to determine AminOD’s amino acid ratios, with the goal of enriching the L-Leucine content within our dosage. This particular 10g EAA composition with 35% Leucine elicited a 33% greater MPS response compared to another 10g identical composition with 18.6% Leucine. The other EAAs within our composition are reduced parallel to this study’s ratios, to allow 35% Leucine enrichment (Pasiakos 2011).

For inquiring minds, aromatic amino acids L-Tryptophan and L-Tyrosine do not appear within our formula, despite being essential amino acids. Researchers did not include these within their EAA spectrums possibly due to interference with anabolic branch chain amino acid (BCAA) absorption, as they compete for the same receptor, LAT1 (Large Neutral Amino Acid Transporter). The enhanced BCAA:Tryptophan ratio allows for increased BCAA transport and reduced fatigue. Additionally, Tryptophan is a precursor to Melatonin which promotes sleep; most users would find drowsiness as an unwelcome effect as this product will be consumed around training and/or throughout the day.

L-Methionine has also been omitted, by us, due to many life extension researchers’ strong contention of a direct link between heightened L-Methionine consumption and shortened lifespan (Trepanowski 2011). L-Methionine increases homocysteine, which leads to cardiovascular disease and increased mortality rate. Also, it is the most vulnerable amino acid to oxidation by reactive oxygen species and causes mitachondrial DNA damage. Also, as mentioned earlier, Smith’s work assures us individual EAAs alone spur MPS, further solidifying our decision.

Also of note, BCAA’s have been shown to be anabolic on their own, especially mTOR stimulating L-Leucine, as well as fatigue delaying (Blomstrand 2006). BCAAs compete for the same receptor as Aromatic Amino Acids (AAAs)(tyrosine, tryptophan, and phenylalanine), therefore, consuming bolus amounts of BCAAs would increase your chances for their absorption over the AAAs. Increasing the blood BCAA pool would lessen the the amount of L-Tryptophan the brain can take up, thereby reducing melatonin production and reducing fatigue.

TIMING
There’s no wrong time to take AminOD. Based on the findings outlined below, we recommend consuming multiple servings per day, inside and outside of your workout window.

Tipton, et. al. showed that our base 6g EAA composition + 35g CHO, consumed pre workout, stimulated amino acid delivery and uptake, hence MPS, greater than when the solution was consumed postworkout (Tipton 2001).

The same 6g EAA composition was 2x more impactful at stimulating net protein balance compared to a mixed NEAA solution (3g EAA+3gNEAA) when consumed at 60 and 120 minutes post resistance exercise (Borsheim 2002).

EAA + CHO consumed 60 minutes post resistance training was shown to increase mTOR signaling and MPS (Dreyer 2008).

More recently, Pasiakos showed a 10g Leucine-enriched EAA solution, consumed intra workout, elicited increased MPS.

The above research provides evidence for effectively taking a serving of AminOD PRE workout, INTRA workout, and/or again at 1 and 2 hours POST resistance exercise. Maximize muscle protein synthesis by consuming a serving of AminOD pre workout as well as at 1 and 2 hours post workout.

CONCLUSION
Whether using AminOD as a muscle protein synthesis enhancing, recovery accelerating workout adjunct or simply as an amino-acid-rich flavor burst to your daily water intake, AminOD is the anytime anabolic. Used PRE, INTRA, POST, or a combination thereof, ensure maximal protein synthesis and muscle recovery by bathing your muscles in AminOD. It is more anabolic than whole protein AND substantially cheaper. Welcome to the next generation, enthusiastically provided to you by Purus Labs."

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Humapro has become a staple for me over the last year or two, i didn't replace whey powder but i supplement my whey with humapro....i've also been using humapro intraworkout and really enjoying the results, i plan on mixing humapro with compete and should see excellent results

F

fox.mulder

Awards
I have been taking humapro with beast creature , dextrose and taurine intra workout and like that combo.
Cant comment on grape jelly, but sour grape taste like crap..
They re formulated their sour grape or something, wasnt too bad in the black container...

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
No preworkout turkey. .got it... amino iv is a better choice. Liking the research on lemon ver

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did FDA find anything besides spiked Jungle Warfare?;)
Hi tech spiked alot of their products. I am surprised they haven't gone to jail.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did FDA find anything besides spiked Jungle Warfare?;)
Doubt we'll see any more public details for a while, especially if (it's pretty likely) any of their findings lead to more criminal charges against the owner.

But Hi-Tech, ALRI, and APS are all on the rocks after this.

F

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Hi-Tech and ALRI are under the same ownership?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks.

I have never been interested in products from either of the companies (they always seemed a bit shady IMO) so I guess that why I had no idea.
I liked aps

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tl;dr

Was any of the aps products spiked?

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tl;dr

Was any of the aps products spiked?
We won't know that until more information comes out of the FDA. It would not surprise me though.

They were using patented ingredients without paying licenses though, and that alone is enough to make me not like a brand

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ask only because in my closet I have their creatine nitrate, nitrozine and mesomorph.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ask only because in my closet I have their creatine nitrate, nitrozine and mesomorph.
The mesomorph having DMAA in it would not surprise me in the least.

They had millions of dollars of DMAA seized, and almost none of their products actually listed DMAA on the labels any more so...do the math :p

That said, I wouldn't say that makes their products unsafe since DMAA is largely safe...just untrustworthy...