Protocol 2.0 > Compete ...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    squatting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    148
    Answers
    0

    Protocol 2.0 > Compete ...


    I took Compete before and during my work outs for 2 months, great supplement.

    My first week in on Protocol 2.0 drink some before and during and my workouts are a lot easier, this product is great.


    2 scoops of Compete.

    4 scoops of Protocol.

    both great products but Protocol got me feeling extra good,

  2. Registered User
    vicesoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    954
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    I took Compete before and during my work outs for 2 months, great supplement.

    My first week in on Protocol 2.0 drink some before and during and my workouts are a lot easier, this product is great.


    2 scoops of Compete.

    4 scoops of Protocol.

    both great products but Protocol got me feeling extra good,
    Thanks for the love which I use compete as well but use it for more cardio sessions and PROTOCOL for lifting. Wait till Cherry Bomb is out, now that will be explosive
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  3. Registered User
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by vicesoldier View Post
    Thanks for the love which I use compete as well but use it for more cardio sessions and PROTOCOL for lifting. Wait till Cherry Bomb is out, now that will be explosive
    I think both can be implemented in any training regimen. Both are at the top of their classes imo.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,340
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by vicesoldier View Post
    Thanks for the love which I use compete as well but use it for more cardio sessions and PROTOCOL for lifting. Wait till Cherry Bomb is out, now that will be explosive
    In for Cherry Bomb Protocol!

    Have used both and have both in my stash. Do enjoy Protocol more, but Compete is still a solid option. Protocol just fits with my needs perfectly.
  5. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Answers
    0


    It doesn't take long for Protocol to prove it's worth, especially at 4 scoops. Part of the reason why we swapped COP for beta-alanine... BA's impact on endurance would take weeks; COP's takes days, if it isn't noticeable immediately.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  6. Registered User
    Tyler44's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    70
    Answers
    0


    Absolutely love the feedback brother. Agreed with Mike, Protocol really shines quickly at 4 scoops.


    Glad it's helping you
    GENOMYX ~ Where Evolution Begins
    Tyler ~ Forum Representative
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/genomyx/
  7. Registered User
    allnatural923's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,150
    Answers
    0


    wouldn't necessarily say protocol v2 > compete. My recovery has never been better since I've been using compete, and i like protocol's profile (I'm not knocking it by any means). I'd say both have benefits and both can be used
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  8. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0


    Protocol gets me, because cherry is my all time, favorite flavor of everything haha. Aside from that, I feel they are very equal for what they are designed to do, but very different at the same time. Protocol has the leucine which I like and COP is a solid addition but most people use pre's and get this anyways, regardless though, great addition. Compete has a broader spectrum of amino's as it contains whey protein hydrolysate and also has CM for endurance and electrolytes which is something I am looking for. Personally, they can both be used depending on what type of workout you are doing.

    Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  9. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    696
    Answers
    0


    Heres a little secret. I use them both. Both are awesome. I had a sample of the fruit punch slam and to me the taste was really good. Protocol is our baby but compete is an awesome product as well. I say they both win for bringing bad as products to the industry
  10. Banned
    squatting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    148
    Answers
    0


    I was just surprised of the instant endurance I felt in my workout today compared to Compete. Love both products and they serve different purposes with Compete more so a recovery product but man I love Protocol Pre and during a lot .
  11. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    696
    Answers
    0


    Yeah the cop is awesome. Even I during beta testing was surprised by how much of a difference COP really makes. At 2 servings/2g of COP the results were instant. I know Mike is going to beat me up for this but at the time of beta testing I was doing crossfit so I was able to gauge it from a lifting and endurance aspect.
  12. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Ajerone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    313
    Answers
    0


    Lovin the love! Protocol is the real deal
  13. Registered User
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    380
    Answers
    0


    What company makes protocol 2.0?
  14. Registered User
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    380
    Answers
    0


    What company makes protocol?
  15. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,340
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rhino67jg View Post
    What company makes protocol 2.0?
    Genomyx

    Also should note that the taste of Protocol + Tangerine/Lemon Drop Compete =
  16. Registered User
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    380
    Answers
    0


    Thanx. Been using compete & like it, but if there is something better out there I'll try it.
  17. Registered User
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,230
    Answers
    0


    Never heard of protocal. But competes a really impressive product. Good taste and very effective.

    Ill look out for proto , would like to compare
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  18. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by GENOMYX View Post
    I know Mike is going to beat me up for this but at the time of beta testing I was doing ******** so I was able to gauge it from a lifting and endurance aspect.
    AM seems to know that I think ******** is a silly word and censors me from having to type/read/see it.

    Is AM a wizard?
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  19. Registered User
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,157
    Answers
    1


    I haven't tried either product. Three reviews from non-affiliated customers who took both products and all three preferred Protocol.

    Based on feedback it looks like if I buy one it looks like my money is going to Genomyx.

    Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    I took Compete before and during my work outs for 2 months, great supplement.


    My first week in on Protocol 2.0 drink some before and during and my workouts are a lot easier, this product is great.




    2 scoops of Compete.


    4 scoops of Protocol.


    both great products but Protocol got me feeling extra good,

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    In for Cherry Bomb Protocol!

    Have used both and have both in my stash. Do enjoy Protocol more, but Compete is still a solid option. Protocol just fits with my needs perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    I was just surprised of the instant endurance I felt in my workout today compared to Compete. Love both products and they serve different purposes with Compete more so a recovery product but man I love Protocol Pre and during a lot .
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  20. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I haven't tried either product. Three reviews from non-affiliated customers who took both products and all three preferred Protocol.

    Based on feedback it looks like if I buy one it looks like my money is going to Genomyx.
    If it were easy, or we had a rep across the pond, you know we'd hook it up with a few samples. And weiner pics.



    Mostly weiner pics.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  21. Registered User
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,157
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    If it were easy, or we had a rep across the pond, you know we'd hook it up with a few samples. And weiner pics.Mostly weiner pics.
    If only you had a distributor over here you could send samples to. If only! Oh, wait...
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  22. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If only you had a distributor over here you could send samples to. If only! Oh, wait...
    I heard that Reggie's a magic man, so he might be able to turn the SSv2 samples we sent him into Protocol ones. Don't know... beats sending baggies of orange powder over, though. I believe that would create some kind of international incident.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  23. Registered User
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,157
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    I heard that Reggie's a magic man, so he might be able to turn the SSv2 samples we sent him into Protocol ones. Don't know... beats sending baggies of orange powder over, though. I believe that would create some kind of international incident.
    Customs hold enough of my packages but never seem to object to the unlabeled bags of powder lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  24. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,357
    Answers
    0


    both are great products, but the comparison is really personal preference.
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  25. Registered User
    Benzo22's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    40
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    If it were easy, or we had a rep across the pond, you know we'd hook it up with a few samples. And weiner pics.



    Mostly weiner pics.
    In for weiner pics.

    HQ76.25 .G396 knowwhatimsayin'?

    But yes, Protocol tastes amazing. I've tried Compete as well and while the profile is good, the taste of and improved endurance with Protocol is amazing.
    GENOMYX ~ Where Evolution Begins
    Ben
    Forum Representative
  26. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0


    Thank you for the positive feed back!
  27. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Benzo22 View Post
    HQ76.25 .G396 knowwhatimsayin'?
    Oh, ha ha... a gay joke.

    But, I'll be happy to retrieve that from our shelves and send it along via interlibrary loan... May I also interest you in a government document? HE 20.7002:V 17, perhaps?
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  28. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0


    Oddly I get this ^
  29. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Customs hold enough of my packages but never seem to object to the unlabeled bags of powder lol.
    I hate customs.. they detained my blood pressure meds, freakin pissed.. they tried telling me coreg is not fda approved.. i couldn't help but laugh!

    Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  30. Registered User
    Benzo22's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    40
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    Oh, ha ha... a gay joke.

    But, I'll be happy to retrieve that from our shelves and send it along via interlibrary loan... May I also interest you in a government document? HE 20.7002:V 17, perhaps?
    Well, technically it was more of a LOC joke. I actually had to use our local community college's website to even find that call number. I was hoping you'd appreciate the time and effort I put into that...
    GENOMYX ~ Where Evolution Begins
    Ben
    Forum Representative
  31. Registered User
    3utcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    217
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    I took Compete before and during my work outs for 2 months, great supplement.

    My first week in on Protocol 2.0 drink some before and during and my workouts are a lot easier, this product is great.


    2 scoops of Compete.

    4 scoops of Protocol.

    both great products but Protocol got me feeling extra good,
    It's logical since the only thing in compete is carnitine and protocol have it with solid dosage of agmatine, leucine, and COP (too much of it...)
  32. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by 3utcher View Post
    It's logical since the only thing in compete is carnitine and protocol have it with solid dosage of agmatine, leucine, and COP (too much of it...)
    Just curious if you had a digestive issue because of the dosage... We've (and based on the feedback of many others) found that 2g pre-WO is the proverbial "sweet spot".
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  33. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,101
    Answers
    2


    Protocol has always been a favorite by the educated customers in the know...whats in the 2.0 formula?
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  34. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,101
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    Just curious if you had a digestive issue because of the dosage... We've (and based on the feedback of many others) found that 2g pre-WO is the proverbial "sweet spot".
    Anything over 2g at once gives me some issues...2g and below and I am fine
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  35. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    696
    Answers
    0


    Thanks Natty. The only difference is that we replaced the beta alanine with Creatinol-O-Phosphate at 1g per serving due to the fact that we have a lot of consumers using 2 servings throughout the day. Still 60 servings.
  36. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    696
    Answers
    0


    Same here. I find 2g per serving to be quite impressive. Ive never experimented with anything over 2g though to be honest.
  37. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,101
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by GENOMYX View Post
    Thanks Natty. The only difference is that we replaced the beta alanine with Creatinol-O-Phosphate at 1g per serving due to the fact that we have a lot of consumers using 2 servings throughout the day. Still 60 servings.
    I like the upgrade....COP has become an everyday supplement for me
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  38. Registered User
    Tyler44's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    70
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster

    I like the upgrade....COP has become an everyday supplement for me
    It is pretty amazing. Hadn't played around with COP dosing before using Protocol on a consistent basis and I must say I have been more than impressed.
    GENOMYX ~ Where Evolution Begins
    Tyler ~ Forum Representative
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/genomyx/
  39. Registered User
    3utcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    217
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    Just curious if you had a digestive issue because of the dosage... We've (and based on the feedback of many others) found that 2g pre-WO is the proverbial "sweet spot".
    I used to take 4 scoops daily of the OG protocol, i still haven't tried the new one but I don't think I could take that much.
  40. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Smitty77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    765
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by 3utcher View Post
    I used to take 4 scoops daily of the OG protocol, i still haven't tried the new one but I don't think I could take that much.
    If you decide to give the new one a try, start off slow, even if you're sacrificing the other ingredients in the short term... half scoop, full scoop, etc., until you reach 2 scoops or 4 scoops, depending on how you'd like to dose it.

    Over a week's time, you should be fully acclimated to it and you'd be ready to roll. When I was experimenting with COP dosages, I got as high as 3.5g/pre-WO without issue, but I increased by 500mg every two to three days.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My COMPETE brew vs. PROTOCOL v2 brew...
    By squatting in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:22 PM
  2. SWALES PCT protocol
    By prolangtum in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 11:27 PM
  3. Competing on M-1T (sports)
    By scipio in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 07:40 PM
  4. HIIT: The optimal protocol for fat loss?
    By Lifeguard in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 01:10 PM
  5. Does 19Nor and 1, 4 compete for the same enzyme?
    By windwords7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in