Protocol 2.0 > Compete ...

S

squatting

Banned
Awards
I took Compete before and during my work outs for 2 months, great supplement.

My first week in on Protocol 2.0 drink some before and during and my workouts are a lot easier, this product is great.

2 scoops of Compete.

4 scoops of Protocol.

both great products but Protocol got me feeling extra good,

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards

My first week in on Protocol 2.0 drink some before and during and my workouts are a lot easier, this product is great.

2 scoops of Compete.

4 scoops of Protocol.

Thanks for the love which I use compete as well but use it for more cardio sessions and PROTOCOL for lifting. Wait till Cherry Bomb is out, now that will be explosive ;)

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the love which I use compete as well but use it for more cardio sessions and PROTOCOL for lifting. Wait till Cherry Bomb is out, now that will be explosive ;)
I think both can be implemented in any training regimen. Both are at the top of their classes imo.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for Cherry Bomb Protocol!

Have used both and have both in my stash. Do enjoy Protocol more, but Compete is still a solid option. Protocol just fits with my needs perfectly.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It doesn't take long for Protocol to prove it's worth, especially at 4 scoops. Part of the reason why we swapped COP for beta-alanine... BA's impact on endurance would take weeks; COP's takes days, if it isn't noticeable immediately.

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
Absolutely love the feedback brother. Agreed with Mike, Protocol really shines quickly at 4 scoops.

Glad it's helping you

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
wouldn't necessarily say protocol v2 > compete. My recovery has never been better since I've been using compete, and i like protocol's profile (I'm not knocking it by any means). I'd say both have benefits and both can be used

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protocol gets me, because cherry is my all time, favorite flavor of everything haha. Aside from that, I feel they are very equal for what they are designed to do, but very different at the same time. Protocol has the leucine which I like and COP is a solid addition but most people use pre's and get this anyways, regardless though, great addition. Compete has a broader spectrum of amino's as it contains whey protein hydrolysate and also has CM for endurance and electrolytes which is something I am looking for. Personally, they can both be used depending on what type of workout you are doing.

Mike

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Heres a little secret. I use them both. Both are awesome. I had a sample of the fruit punch slam and to me the taste was really good. Protocol is our baby but compete is an awesome product as well. I say they both win for bringing bad as products to the industry :)

S

squatting

Banned
Awards
I was just surprised of the instant endurance I felt in my workout today compared to Compete. Love both products and they serve different purposes with Compete more so a recovery product but man I love Protocol Pre and during a lot .

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah the cop is awesome. Even I during beta testing was surprised by how much of a difference COP really makes. At 2 servings/2g of COP the results were instant. I know Mike is going to beat me up for this but at the time of beta testing I was doing crossfit so I was able to gauge it from a lifting and endurance aspect.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Thanx. Been using compete & like it, but if there is something better out there I'll try it.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Never heard of protocal. But competes a really impressive product. Good taste and very effective.

Ill look out for proto , would like to compare

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know Mike is going to beat me up for this but at the time of beta testing I was doing ******** so I was able to gauge it from a lifting and endurance aspect.
AM seems to know that I think ******** is a silly word and censors me from having to type/read/see it.

Is AM a wizard?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't tried either product. Three reviews from non-affiliated customers who took both products and all three preferred Protocol.

Based on feedback it looks like if I buy one it looks like my money is going to Genomyx.

2 scoops of Compete.

4 scoops of Protocol.

In for Cherry Bomb Protocol!

Have used both and have both in my stash. Do enjoy Protocol more, but Compete is still a solid option. Protocol just fits with my needs perfectly.
I was just surprised of the instant endurance I felt in my workout today compared to Compete. Love both products and they serve different purposes with Compete more so a recovery product but man I love Protocol Pre and during a lot .

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried either product. Three reviews from non-affiliated customers who took both products and all three preferred Protocol.

Based on feedback it looks like if I buy one it looks like my money is going to Genomyx.
If it were easy, or we had a rep across the pond, you know we'd hook it up with a few samples. And weiner pics.

Mostly weiner pics.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it were easy, or we had a rep across the pond, you know we'd hook it up with a few samples. And weiner pics.Mostly weiner pics.
If only you had a distributor over here you could send samples to. If only! Oh, wait...

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If only you had a distributor over here you could send samples to. If only! Oh, wait...
I heard that Reggie's a magic man, so he might be able to turn the SSv2 samples we sent him into Protocol ones. Don't know... beats sending baggies of orange powder over, though. I believe that would create some kind of international incident.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard that Reggie's a magic man, so he might be able to turn the SSv2 samples we sent him into Protocol ones. Don't know... beats sending baggies of orange powder over, though. I believe that would create some kind of international incident.
Customs hold enough of my packages but never seem to object to the unlabeled bags of powder lol.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
both are great products, but the comparison is really personal preference.

Benzo22

Benzo22

Awards
If it were easy, or we had a rep across the pond, you know we'd hook it up with a few samples. And weiner pics.

Mostly weiner pics.
In for weiner pics.

HQ76.25 .G396 knowwhatimsayin'?

But yes, Protocol tastes amazing. I've tried Compete as well and while the profile is good, the taste of and improved endurance with Protocol is amazing.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HQ76.25 .G396 knowwhatimsayin'?
Oh, ha ha... a gay joke.

But, I'll be happy to retrieve that from our shelves and send it along via interlibrary loan... May I also interest you in a government document? HE 20.7002:V 17, perhaps?

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Customs hold enough of my packages but never seem to object to the unlabeled bags of powder lol.
I hate customs.. they detained my blood pressure meds, freakin pissed.. they tried telling me coreg is not fda approved.. i couldn't help but laugh!

Mike

Benzo22

Benzo22

Awards
Oh, ha ha... a gay joke.

But, I'll be happy to retrieve that from our shelves and send it along via interlibrary loan... May I also interest you in a government document? HE 20.7002:V 17, perhaps?
Well, technically it was more of a LOC joke. I actually had to use our local community college's website to even find that call number. I was hoping you'd appreciate the time and effort I put into that... :whiner:

3utcher

3utcher

Awards

2 scoops of Compete.

4 scoops of Protocol.

It's logical since the only thing in compete is carnitine and protocol have it with solid dosage of agmatine, leucine, and COP (too much of it...)

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's logical since the only thing in compete is carnitine and protocol have it with solid dosage of agmatine, leucine, and COP (too much of it...)
Just curious if you had a digestive issue because of the dosage... We've (and based on the feedback of many others) found that 2g pre-WO is the proverbial "sweet spot".

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protocol has always been a favorite by the educated customers in the know...whats in the 2.0 formula?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just curious if you had a digestive issue because of the dosage... We've (and based on the feedback of many others) found that 2g pre-WO is the proverbial "sweet spot".
Anything over 2g at once gives me some issues...2g and below and I am fine

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Natty. The only difference is that we replaced the beta alanine with Creatinol-O-Phosphate at 1g per serving due to the fact that we have a lot of consumers using 2 servings throughout the day. Still 60 servings.

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Same here. I find 2g per serving to be quite impressive. Ive never experimented with anything over 2g though to be honest.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Natty. The only difference is that we replaced the beta alanine with Creatinol-O-Phosphate at 1g per serving due to the fact that we have a lot of consumers using 2 servings throughout the day. Still 60 servings.
I like the upgrade....COP has become an everyday supplement for me

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
I like the upgrade....COP has become an everyday supplement for me
It is pretty amazing. Hadn't played around with COP dosing before using Protocol on a consistent basis and I must say I have been more than impressed.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
I used to take 4 scoops daily of the OG protocol, i still haven't tried the new one but I don't think I could take that much.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used to take 4 scoops daily of the OG protocol, i still haven't tried the new one but I don't think I could take that much.
If you decide to give the new one a try, start off slow, even if you're sacrificing the other ingredients in the short term... half scoop, full scoop, etc., until you reach 2 scoops or 4 scoops, depending on how you'd like to dose it.

Over a week's time, you should be fully acclimated to it and you'd be ready to roll. When I was experimenting with COP dosages, I got as high as 3.5g/pre-WO without issue, but I increased by 500mg every two to three days.

S

squatting

Banned
Awards
I went 4 scoops off the bat with no digestive issues but I have used SNS COP for months at a time before so my body is probably accustomed to it

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Probably. I only had issues the first day or so. A work your way up approach would have been smarter. It tastes so good though...

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I went 4 scoops off the bat with no digestive issues but I have used SNS COP for months at a time before so my body is probably accustomed to it
That's what primed me, too. I used the Primaforce brand.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I've been enjoying Compete with bulk COP, myself.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
I must've done it allll wrong...I've been taking in 1 scoop of Protocol 2.0 :(...

1 scoop of Compete does it for me...though I know majority prefers 2 scoops

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
A serving is 2 scoops. 4 scoops being 2 servings.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can add in my bulk beta alanine anyhow, COP+BA!!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. BA is common in other products and fairly inexpensive to add on its own.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
does the extended use of COP make it more effective or is mainly an instant effect? I use COP on my endurance training days only right now; 30+ mile bike rides, 5-6 mile runs. Would it be more effective as a daily dose even on non-workout (weights/endurance) days?