1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Mass Gainers

Looking to add a mild weight gainer, maybe 500 Calories or so to my regime as I have trouble eating alot of healthy calories. One friend recommended Iso Mass or Carnivor Mass.

Looking for something easy on the stomach.

Any recommendations?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.97%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

why not some waxy maize post workout with your protein? carb slam, glycomaize

I don't think any weight gainers are easy on the stomach
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    why not some waxy maize post workout with your protein? carb slam, glycomaize

I don't think any weight gainers are easy on the stomach
    This^^^ waxy maize would be perfect. 2 scoops would roughly be another 3-400 cal and 100g complex carbs. But no fat and as clean as u can get. And very cheap!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.84%

I like this thank you but I am also thinking mid morning snack type of thing
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.15%

Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    Looking to add a mild weight gainer, maybe 500 Calories or so to my regime as I have trouble eating alot of healthy calories. One friend recommended Iso Mass or Carnivor Mass.

Looking for something easy on the stomach.

Any recommendations?

yeah make your own

buy a bunch of whey protein.

for smoothy:

1banana
    25-50g oats
    75-100g whey
    handfull frozen berries.
    3tbs peanutbutter
    fill with water or milk and blend.

lots of cals, 300cal JUST from the peanutbutter lol
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    yeah make your ownbuy a bunch of whey protein.for smoothy:1banana25-50g oats75-100g wheyhandfull frozen berries.3tbs peanutbutterfill with water or milk and blend.lots of cals, 300cal JUST from the peanutbutter lol
    Dang, this sounds awesome.
    I'm Back...
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.97%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

cooked sweet potato, vanilla protein, vanilla extract and cinnamon. add milk and blend
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

i know people on here kill typical weight gainer products, and i completely understand why. but for the people out there who dont have the time to cook or just dont understand the concept of how much you really have to eat and just want more weight on them, i think they can be a good thing. I use Dymatize Super Mass Gainer but I only use 1 scoop which is about 600 cals, 115 g of carbs and 24g of protein (somewhere around there). I mix that with raw oats, 1 banana, a few blue berries, EVOO, whole milk, and ice cream or greek yogurt depending on what I have. I used to make my own weight gainer, but i always like to buy this certain product once in a while and compare my results. I personally love it because i dont hold fat at all and i eat around 4500 cals and have a hard time putting on weight. I like to gain fat in the offseason, it gives me strength. all said and done, they arent for everybody, but they do have there place. just dont rely on them and its always best to make your own
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Time is no excuse. Whole milk is arguably the best food product available for gaining quality weight. One small cup has 150 calories, quality protein, fats that effectively serve as testosterone precursors, low GI sugars, micronutrients, and growth factors.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Time is no excuse. Whole milk is arguably the best food product available for gaining quality weight. One small cup has 150 calories, quality protein, fats that effectively serve as testosterone precursors, low GI sugars, micronutrients, and growth factors.
    how can you tell me time is no excuse when you dont know everybody's personal situation? some people its time, others its there financial status. sure you can drink whole milk with every meal, but cooking eggs, steak, chicken...etc every day can be expensive and time consuming for some.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

and i agree most of the time you can manage your time differently to fit it in, but some people dont want to do that
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    how can you tell me time is no excuse when you dont know everybody's personal situation? some people its time, others its there financial status. sure you can drink whole milk with every meal, but cooking eggs, steak, chicken...etc every day can be expensive and time consuming for some.
    I just told you how time is no excuse. All you have to do is drink milk. That would theoretically take LESS time than pouring and mixing one of your gainers. Calorie for calorie, milk is cheaper too
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

I just told you how time is no excuse. All you have to do is drink milk. That would theoretically take LESS time than pouring and mixing one of your gainers. Calorie for calorie, milk is cheaper too
    milk isnt the only component of a bulking diet.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

as far as time goes, 1 glass of milk does not = 1 shake if your counting cals, protein...etc
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%

Both of the above posts don't make sense or have any relevance to this discussion. I don't have time for semantics.

No, obviously milk is not the only component of a bulking diet. The OP wants something to bump him up about 500 calories. That's 3 cups of milk. Understand?

The second post doesn't make sense. You somehow correlated time with macronutrients. Anyway, sleep time.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

No arguing boys there are some good suggestions from all people on here
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

GOMAD ftw!
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Both of the above posts don't make sense or have any relevance to this discussion. I don't have time for semantics.

No, obviously milk is not the only component of a bulking diet. The OP wants something to bump him up about 500 calories. That's 3 cups of milk. Understand?

The second post doesn't make sense. You somehow correlated time with macronutrients. Anyway, sleep time.

we are arguing on two totally different points in which you seem to not understand
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    GOMAD ftw!
    this makes me bloated as crap!!!! haha great for mass tho!
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    A lot of people are against milk, this is good to hear.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

A lot of people are against milk, this is good to hear.
    Well some people are lactose intolerant and can't handle large amounts of milk and in some cases none. I like almond milk though. Doesn't taste good but its good for you
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.84%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    A lot of people are against milk, this is
    good to hear.

Ding ding. I am mildly lactose intolerant and would love to add a few cups if milk to my diet but can't. So to hijack my own thread anyone use almond milk or something similar in their shakes?
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    Ding ding. I am mildly lactose intolerant and would love to add a few cups if milk to my diet but can't. So to hijack my own thread anyone use almond milk or something similar in their shakes?
    my mom loves almond milk. you can always use water but i hate the taste of water in my shakes but you gotta do what you gotta do ya know
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla

my mom loves almond milk. you can always use water but i hate the taste of water in my shakes but you gotta do what you gotta do ya know
    i use almond milk all the time
    www.lgsciences.com
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i use almond milk all the time
    i wasnt trying to be sarcastic. I like almond milk and i was stating my mom uses it with her shakes. sorry if it sounded like i was saying "only chicks drink almond milk" lol
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.6%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    If money is of the issue then why suggest an expensive weight gainer as the solution? Most cost alot more than if you were to make it yourself (i.e. as suggested above) and that takes little time to prepare + you can prepare alot at one time.

Dare I say weight gainers CAN have their place but should only be used to complement not replace proper foods..

Whole milk + ultra skim milk imo is the ****. Get saturated fats from the whole milk + 11.4 g of protein per 200ml (boosted with calcium and vit D) from the skim milk (which has more protein due to the reduce fat content). As the OP is mildly lactose intolerant this solution doesnt apply but this is a much cheaper alternative than a weight gainer. IMO anyway.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    If money is of the issue then why suggest an expensive weight gainer as the solution? Most cost alot more than if you were to make it yourself (i.e. as suggested above) and that takes little time to prepare + you can prepare alot at one time.

Dare I say weight gainers CAN have their place but should only be used to complement not replace proper foods..

Whole milk + ultra skim milk imo is the ****. Get saturated fats from the whole milk + 11.4 g of protein per 200ml (boosted with calcium and vit D) from the skim milk (which has more protein due to the reduce fat content). As the OP is mildly lactose intolerant this solution doesnt apply but this is a much cheaper alternative than a weight gainer. IMO anyway.

i agree 100%. mine is $30 at the place i shop and lasts me a little over a month (like 34 days or so). but some people dont have time to cook all this food in bulk and just want a quick shake.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.59%

i agree 100%. mine is $30 at the place i shop and lasts me a little over a month (like 34 days or so). but some people dont have time to cook all this food in bulk and just want a quick shake.
    Damn where do u shop! Lol thats killer cheap
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.6%

Thats not too bad cost-wise, depending on how much servings you get. Where i am a weight gainer costs double that hence my vendetta on them. In the wrong country for supps im afraid haha
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

i used to use cytogainer all the time. now i use basic whey, myofusion, with pb and fruit.
    www.lgsciences.com
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

i use dymatize elite mass but one of the major online supplement stores has their warehouse 5 minutes from my house and i have a friend who works there. has about 16 servings (2 scoops) but i only use 1 scoop and i add alot of my own stuff into the shake to get the most out of it
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.97%

cytogainer doesn't taste half bad actually, forgot about that stuff
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  33. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

What's $30?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

dyamitize elite mass. at most places its 37
  35. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

I've tried a few, don't mess with too many now. Home made ones are pretty easy to make, just a bitch to clean the blender.
    I've used Real Gains, Up Your Mass, & Serious Mass. Serious Mass tasted pretty good but 250g of carbs!
    Been wanting to try Carnivor Mass, but don't think I'll be messing with too many gainer shakes too often in the future. We shall see.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.87%

Make your own gainer bro. These off the shelf ones are all sugar laden with some marginally better than others. Just load the blender with skim milk, oats, cottage cheese, and almond butter. Weigh out the ingredients so you know it's a 500 cal shake. You will get wayyyy better results doing this instead of some hokey mass produced gainer
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.87%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Agreed. If you are in this game then you know nutrition is key, and time must be alloted, otherwise you short change yourself on gains
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%

Quote Originally Posted by rockme View Post
    Make your own gainer bro. These off the shelf ones are all sugar laden with some marginally better than others. Just load the blender with skim milk, oats, cottage cheese, and almond butter. Weigh out the ingredients so you know it's a 500 cal shake. You will get wayyyy better results doing this instead of some hokey mass produced gainer
    That's the way I have done it for years. It's cheaper too
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    cooked sweet potato, vanilla protein, vanilla extract and cinnamon. add milk and blend
    NEVER thought of that. may have to try it out. sounds interesting!
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%

Cooked sweet potato, couple dashes of cinnamon, plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of vanilla protein. Love it. Get good carbs, protein, and some probiotics

Similar Forum Threads

1. BEST PROTEIN MASS GAINER
    By kelley918 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 12:28 AM
  2. Who uses mass gainers?
    By votum in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
  3. The best mass gainer in terms of a non-methylated PH?
    By letmeregister in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 03:04 PM
  4. Good Mass Gainer
    By HillbillyRock in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 03:57 PM
  5. Customizing Mass Gainer
    By cashiertan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:15 AM