Let's try to explain some phenomena

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Thats right, DOMS is not caused by lactic acid (although lactic acid is a limitor of anaerobic exercise). That being said, the full etiology of DOMS is not readily understood. Eccentric training is a common factor in the onset of DOMS and DOMS itself is also known to be caused my micro tears in muscle tissues which cause inflammation (Studied by measuring the blood cells of people with DOMS finding out that the white blood cells responsible for dealing with inflammation were highly present in the tissue).

COOP when you stated (above) that endurance training will be hindered by lactic acid build up; do you mean "high reps"? Because running sub VO2max would ensure that A) any (if any) lactic acid is turned into pyruvate which will be fed back into the Krebs cycle and B) that the glycolytic system or lactic acid system would not be utilized as much when the aerobic system is engaged (not saying their isnt a cross-over of energy systems but if the aerobic system can function optimally then wouldnt A) occur?

Depending on your lactate threshold, exercise is usually limited at around the 1-2minute mark by lactate which I wouldnt really call endurance myself UNLESS you mean muscular endurance. In that case my points are moot haha

Just looking for clarification
    Yes, high reps (the discussion is about weight training ). Lactic acid obviously would not be created for pure aerobic work

2. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Wow, great call! I get this whenever I stay up really late/don't sleep at night. Vascularity also gets insane (even moreso than when I'm lifting!). I honestly don't have an answer but am going to look into this.
    Adrenaline?
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Adrenaline?
    With no stimulus?

4. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes, high reps (the discussion is about weight training ). Lactic acid obviously would not be created for pure aerobic work
    I thought that was what you meant, just checking.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

Thats right, DOMS is not caused by lactic acid (although lactic acid is a limitor of anaerobic exercise). That being said, the full etiology of DOMS is not readily understood. Eccentric training is a common factor in the onset of DOMS and DOMS itself is also known to be caused my micro tears in muscle tissues which cause inflammation (Studied by measuring the blood cells of people with DOMS finding out that the white blood cells responsible for dealing with inflammation were highly present in the tissue).

COOP when you stated (above) that endurance training will be hindered by lactic acid build up; do you mean "high reps"? Because running sub VO2max would ensure that A) any (if any) lactic acid is turned into pyruvate which will be fed back into the Krebs cycle and B) that the glycolytic system or lactic acid system would not be utilized as much when the aerobic system is engaged (not saying their isnt a cross-over of energy systems but if the aerobic system can function optimally then wouldnt A) occur?

Depending on your lactate threshold, exercise is usually limited at around the 1-2minute mark by lactate which I wouldnt really call endurance myself UNLESS you mean muscular endurance. In that case my points are moot haha

Just looking for clarification
    This is the part where i bail because you just went wayyy over my head. Haha. Community college edyoukashun here lol.
    •   

6. I workout first thing in the am. If I take any stim and go back to sleep an extra 15-20 mins its completely different.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MM11
    I workout first thing in the am. If I take any stim and go back to sleep an extra 15-20 mins its completely different.
    Huh?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

8. I have tried to get an extra 15-20 mins of sleep so when I woke up the stimulant would kick in less time. (Bioscience) it leaves me feeling very very out of it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    With no stimulus?
    I'm beginning to think it has to do with fluid retention, dehydration, body (skin) temperature, and vasodilation associated with all of that and meal timings. I'm sure if I continued to eat throughout the night I wouldn't feel it as much, but after meeting kcals/macros for the day I typically stop around midnight and don't feel the "pump/vasodilation" until hours later. And you are right its almost more pronounced compared to what I feel when I lift!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

10. Interesting thread.

11. I could never figure out why 25mgs of Bronkaid (ephedrine Sulfate) makes me tired, an opposite effect of what its suppose to do but when i take 25mgs of Primatene i get crazy energy. I've read online of people who say the same thing as I and then others who say the opposite (they prefer bronkaid). I know the whole conversion ratio or sulfate and HCL but it honestly shouldn't make that big of a difference. probably just a classic example of how everyone's reaction can vary so greatly.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trying To Get Some Work Done with Focus XT (Sponsored)
    By matt352 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 06:41 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
  3. Trying to gain some size back
    By Madhops in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 09:39 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 11:28 PM
  5. trying to do some research, help me out please