chromium picolinate

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

chromium picolinate

I checked around and couldn't find anything to support this - but is chromium picolinate a vasodilator?

Since Sunday I've been using this supplement (I was given an unopened bottle from a reputable national brand by a friend) - I've only been using 250mg (half a tablet) before lunch and the other half before dinner (500mg total).

I play hockey a few times every week, Monday I had such awful pumps in my shins/calf that I had to leave the game early, and tonight (Tuesday) I had the same problem but suffered through it. The issue is causing terrible pumps mostly in the front of my shins, and this is the only variable that has changed. The pain is in both legs, so I know it is not an injury.

Thanks for any advice!
    Last edited by Wedgylx; 10-24-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: accidently wrote a competitors brand name, but edited it out

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx
    I checked around and couldn't find anything to support this - but is chromium picolinate a vasodilator?

Since Sunday I've been using this supplement (I was given an unopened bottle from a reputable national brand by a friend) - I've only been using 250mg (half a tablet) before lunch and the other half before dinner (500mg total).

I play hockey a few times every week, Monday I had such awful pumps in my shins/calf that I had to leave the game early, and tonight (Tuesday) I had the same problem but suffered through it. The issue is causing terrible pumps mostly in the front of my shins, and this is the only variable that has changed. The pain is in both legs, so I know it is not an injury.

Thanks for any advice!
    Not to be dumb. But sounds more like shinsplints. Actually. It is shin splints lol. Probably not due to chromium picolonate. Tho in some it can help with blood flow. Which isnt a vasodilator. But in the case of shin splints, would be just as bad as far as causing pain. Either way i highly doubt the two are related. Probably more of a coincidence imo.
  3. Registered User

I remember when they started dumping this junk into every supplement and never noticed anything like this.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chromium Picolinate
    By beebab in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 12:39 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 10:03 PM
  3. chromium picolinate
    By mooch2321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 04:58 PM