Statins and Supplements

A

AM478

Awards
I am 28 and high cholesterol runs in my family(parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are all on statins). l was recently put on a Statin drug myself for my cholesterol which is currently at 390.

I have been lifting since my teens and was a college athlete so I have been in good shape throughout the years, supplementing as well. Now that I am on a statin drug, I wanted to see if anyone could provide some insight into any supplements that I should be staying away from.

In particular I would appreciate feedback around the following supplements which I have taken previously and am looking to potentially take in the future:
- XFactor
- Alpha T-2
- Erase
- Anabeta Elite

As for the specific statin drug, I am starting on Lipitor and may also try Crestor to see which my body seems to like best.

Thanks!

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No clue in regards to the supplements, but lipitor I tolerate very well. Crestor dropped my ldl fast as hell, and raised my hdl better than lipitor, but even at 20mg of crestor, and I told 20mg of lipitor, crestor caused EXTREME muscle pains to the point I couldn't move. They were tingling, burning muscle pains in my thighs, glutes, back, sucked. I upped my coq10 to 400mg from 120mg and got rid of em. Now I stick with 20mg of zocor as its cheapest for me.

Crestor was still most effective if needing a drastic drop in a short period of time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anabolics 63
R Anabolics 30
S Anabolics 13
ozzie1987 Nutrition / Health 1
D 35 and Older 14