NOW Waxy Maize VS Vitargo

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. NOW Waxy Maize VS Vitargo


    I'm thinking of purchasing one of the two.
    What are your thoughts on these for immediate optimal glycogen replenishment Post Workout?
    Also would you discard both of these and take simple carbs from food sources instead?
    How many grams of simple carbs is recommended after some heavy training?
    Thanks!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by python93 View Post
    I'm thinking of purchasing one of the two.
    What are your thoughts on these for immediate optimal glycogen replenishment Post Workout?
    Also would you discard both of these and take simple carbs from food sources instead?
    How many grams of simple carbs is recommended after some heavy training?
    Thanks!
    personally i've never been a big believer in different designer carb supplements. if you want something for glycogen replenishment just go for dextrose. cheap, effective, and it really isn't much different than those 2 in terms of what they do for your body post-workout
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

  3. How many grams do you recommend?
    •   
       


  4. Waxy maize is more than enough IMO, no reason to spend the cash on vitargo which is better, but price is not worth it IMO.

    Mike

  5. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Waxy maize is more than enough IMO, no reason to spend the cash on vitargo which is better, but price is not worth it IMO.

    Mike
    How many grams do you recommend?
    70 g post?

  6. vitargo is better but also more expensive, NOW waxy maize is enough

  7. Quote Originally Posted by python93 View Post
    How many grams do you recommend?
    70 g post?
    yeah, 60g or 70g is enough for a nice insulin spike

  8. I bought a huge tub of Vitargo it was like 150 dollars love that stuff

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    I bought a huge tub of Vitargo it was like 150 dollars love that stuff
    same here, vitargo is the best post workout carbs u can take, true story bro

  10. Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    personally i've never been a big believer in different designer carb supplements. if you want something for glycogen replenishment just go for dextrose. cheap, effective, and it really isn't much different than those 2 in terms of what they do for your body post-workout
    exactly, Buy Maltodextrin save 40 dollars and get the same effect......In most lifters, if you are buying a carbohydrate, it is most likely making you fat.

    These carbs remind me of the day of Dextrose and Creatine. At least that made some sense...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Waxy maize is more than enough IMO, no reason to spend the cash on vitargo which is better, but price is not worth it IMO.

    Mike
    Hell yeah, buy some chicken...

  12. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    I bought a huge tub of Vitargo it was like 150 dollars love that stuff
    Did you experience what most of the reviews say about vitargo?
    They said withing 30 minutes after taking it post workout they felt their muscles fuller and being replenished?
    And also I read a review about waxy maize and it's giving me second thoughts.
    I can't post links but it's called "The myth of waxy maize starch" from bodybuilding.com
    Pretty much saying that Waxy maize was crap and even worse than others

  13. Quote Originally Posted by USPowders View Post
    exactly, Buy Maltodextrin save 40 dollars and get the same effect......In most lifters, if you are buying a carbohydrate, it is most likely making you fat.

    These carbs remind me of the day of Dextrose and Creatine. At least that made some sense...
    So would you recommend NOW Carbo Gain over NOW Waxy Maize or any other product

  14. Quote Originally Posted by python93 View Post
    BUMP
    Buy dextrose. It's cheap and fulfills this purpose. Food is obviously preferred though.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  15. Quote Originally Posted by python93
    Did you experience what most of the reviews say about vitargo?
    They said withing 30 minutes after taking it post workout they felt their muscles fuller and being replenished?
    And also I read a review about waxy maize and it's giving me second thoughts.
    I can't post links but it's called "The myth of waxy maize starch" from bodybuilding.com
    Pretty much saying that Waxy maize was crap and even worse than others
    Yes I have gotten that affect strangely enough! Makes perfect sense though. My body is craving it after a workout. It also restores my energy levels almost like I'm ready for another workout. Great for a bulk but avoid those simple sugars come cutting time, except for refeed days when you can carb the **** up!

  16. Oatmeal + coffee grinder = profit
    CELTIC LABS REP

  17. You can do oats At 60% than 40% of vitargo!
    That can make the stuff go a long way.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    You can do oats At 60% then 40% of vitargo!
    That can make the stuff go a long way.
    Oh ok, now I get it !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  19. I've tried Dexrose, Maltodextrin, Waxy Maize, Vitargro. Can't say I've really noticed any difference between one and the others. And as far as the studies i've read, it really doesn't matter. It's all the same crap, so save your money. You can just eat some sugary carbs after and have the same effect and probably enjoy your carbs.

  20. Sorta off topic.
    Healthiest way I spike: 300g bananas = 68g carbs (roughly 3 small bananas or two LARGE ones)
    Healthiest way I grow: 300g sweet potato = 60g carbs (roughly 1 small sweet potato)

    Worst way if I'm out of bananas/potatoes: 90g oatmeal = 60g carbs

    Waxy Maize, Dextrose, Maltodextrin imo are unhealthy, ymmv. Vitagro I've never heard of.

  21. I took a financial about a year ago. Still was in the gym but the big name supps had to be put on the back burner. Was at (MOM's) and came across this and a few other supps they had. No bad at all, got great results. Tell ya what, If your building on a budget, this is the one champ! IMO

  22. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Buy dextrose. It's cheap and fulfills this purpose. Food is obviously preferred though.
    this. /thread
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

  23. Quote Originally Posted by python93

    How many grams do you recommend?
    70 g post?
    40g pre workout with 300mg rala will fill you up quickly. I now find carbs pre and intra better than post.

    Mike

  24. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench

    40g pre workout with 300mg rala will fill you up quickly. I now find carbs pre and intra better than post.

    Mike
    This guy ^^^^^100% agree.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  25. Yeah it's not like I prefer carbs from powder. I just thought they would replace glycogen faster than regular foods
    But if sweet potato will do it better than I'd rather take that.
    Only thing is I hate sweet potatoe anything good to eat it with

  26. Quote Originally Posted by python93
    Yeah it's not like I prefer carbs from powder. I just thought they would replace glycogen faster than regular foods
    But if sweet potato will do it better than I'd rather take that.
    Only thing is I hate sweet potatoe anything good to eat it with
    Spray butter, Splenda, cinnamon & all spice. Maybe a pinch of nutmeg.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  27. I personally enjoy using Carb supplements post workout. I find they work very well for me (again this is my personal opinion only) and find Vitagro to be one of the best.

    But like others said, some find them very useful, some find them to be a waste of money. The only way to find out is to pick up a tub or two and see what works best for you.



    -Spaz
    iForce Nutrition Rep

  28. san element can be found expired for dirt cheap. I just got some glycomyx for my pre-contest carb load.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    san element can be found expired for dirt cheap. I just got some glycomyx for my pre-contest carb load.
    let me know what you think about this mike. like i said, never been a big believer in carb powders/designer carb supplements, but the price on glycomyx isn't bad on nutra and it seems interesting
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

  30. Now waxy maize,I've used and enjoyed myself.great for a little extra on my last cycle.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    let me know what you think about this mike. like i said, never been a big believer in carb powders/designer carb supplements, but the price on glycomyx isn't bad on nutra and it seems interesting

    Wont no til the day before the show Will keep you updated for sure man.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by aLinux View Post
    Sorta off topic.
    Healthiest way I spike: 300g bananas = 68g carbs (roughly 3 small bananas or two LARGE ones)
    Healthiest way I grow: 300g sweet potato = 60g carbs (roughly 1 small sweet potato)

    Worst way if I'm out of bananas/potatoes: 90g oatmeal = 60g carbs

    Waxy Maize, Dextrose, Maltodextrin imo are unhealthy, ymmv. Vitagro I've never heard of.
    agree with him but i use this in addition to 60-80 g fast obsorbing carbs only post workout shake. Waxy in my opinion

  33. Corn Starch is 75% amylopectin and 25% amylose. Waxy Maize is 100% amylopectin.

    When it comes down to it (post workout carbs) it won't make a massive difference if you use Waxy maize, maltodextrin, corn starch or oats, provided you're eating properly.

    Im using powdered oats atm - I've been contemplating Vitargo vs Corn Starch, might have to give it a go myself for a couple weeks!

    Has anyone tried Corn Starch!?

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Riskyb View Post
    I've tried Dexrose, Maltodextrin, Waxy Maize, Vitargro. Can't say I've really noticed any difference between one and the others. And as far as the studies i've read, it really doesn't matter. It's all the same crap, so save your money. You can just eat some sugary carbs after and have the same effect and probably enjoy your carbs.
    You may have a point

  35. Poptarts. I love those things! But honestly Ive got a tub of glycomaize and a tub of dextrose here that I dont use. Ive used karbolyn, waxymaize, dextrose, and malto and Ive never noticed one difference.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by TyMan14 View Post
    Poptarts. I love those things! But honestly Ive got a tub of glycomaize and a tub of dextrose here that I dont use. Ive used karbolyn, waxymaize, dextrose, and malto and Ive never noticed one difference.
    Why karbolyn over creatine mono? Already had it or what?
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  37. karbolyn is a designer carb? Creatine mono is a staple supp for me and I used it with Karbolyn as well for the insulin spike (again, no difference).

  38. Quote Originally Posted by TyMan14 View Post
    karbolyn is a designer carb? Creatine mono is a staple supp for me and I used it with Karbolyn as well for the insulin spike (again, no difference).
    My bad dude lol. I though you were talking about pre-alkalyn. Brain fart on my part.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  39. haha all good man. I used that Krealkalyn for like a year and was like "Man this is awesome!" from a little boost it gave me. Then I switched to mono and never looked back. Currently using Finaflex creatrona and its the same old same old. Mono is still king. Not trying to derail the thread, but for some reason I just felt like throwing that out there. haha

    But back to the carbs, now I just use whole food. Post workout is usually a few cups of cottage cheese, if I even eat post workout. I notice no difference in eating post workout or fasting.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. waxy maize vs malto vs dextrose
    By swollen87 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 10:09 PM
  2. Neovar/Waxy Maize VS Size On
    By ari4216 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 11:06 AM
  3. Waxy Maize Starch vs. Dextrose
    By Nabisco in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 12:13 AM
  4. Waxy maze vs. vitargo?
    By 21inchguns in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Log in
Log in