NOW Waxy Maize VS Vitargo

python93

python93

Awards
I'm thinking of purchasing one of the two.
What are your thoughts on these for immediate optimal glycogen replenishment Post Workout?
Also would you discard both of these and take simple carbs from food sources instead?
How many grams of simple carbs is recommended after some heavy training?
Thanks!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I'm thinking of purchasing one of the two.
What are your thoughts on these for immediate optimal glycogen replenishment Post Workout?
Also would you discard both of these and take simple carbs from food sources instead?
How many grams of simple carbs is recommended after some heavy training?
Thanks!
personally i've never been a big believer in different designer carb supplements. if you want something for glycogen replenishment just go for dextrose. cheap, effective, and it really isn't much different than those 2 in terms of what they do for your body post-workout

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Waxy maize is more than enough IMO, no reason to spend the cash on vitargo which is better, but price is not worth it IMO.

Mike

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
vitargo is better but also more expensive, NOW waxy maize is enough

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I bought a huge tub of Vitargo it was like 150 dollars love that stuff

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
personally i've never been a big believer in different designer carb supplements. if you want something for glycogen replenishment just go for dextrose. cheap, effective, and it really isn't much different than those 2 in terms of what they do for your body post-workout
exactly, Buy Maltodextrin save 40 dollars and get the same effect......In most lifters, if you are buying a carbohydrate, it is most likely making you fat.

These carbs remind me of the day of Dextrose and Creatine. At least that made some sense...

python93

python93

Awards
I bought a huge tub of Vitargo it was like 150 dollars love that stuff
Did you experience what most of the reviews say about vitargo?
They said withing 30 minutes after taking it post workout they felt their muscles fuller and being replenished?
And also I read a review about waxy maize and it's giving me second thoughts.
I can't post links but it's called "The myth of waxy maize starch" from bodybuilding.com
Pretty much saying that Waxy maize was crap and even worse than others

python93

python93

Awards
exactly, Buy Maltodextrin save 40 dollars and get the same effect......In most lifters, if you are buying a carbohydrate, it is most likely making you fat.

These carbs remind me of the day of Dextrose and Creatine. At least that made some sense...
So would you recommend NOW Carbo Gain over NOW Waxy Maize or any other product

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Did you experience what most of the reviews say about vitargo?
They said withing 30 minutes after taking it post workout they felt their muscles fuller and being replenished?
And also I read a review about waxy maize and it's giving me second thoughts.
I can't post links but it's called "The myth of waxy maize starch" from bodybuilding.com
Pretty much saying that Waxy maize was crap and even worse than others
Yes I have gotten that affect strangely enough! Makes perfect sense though. My body is craving it after a workout. It also restores my energy levels almost like I'm ready for another workout. Great for a bulk but avoid those simple sugars come cutting time, except for refeed days when you can carb the **** up!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Oatmeal + coffee grinder = profit

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can do oats At 60% than 40% of vitargo!
That can make the stuff go a long way.

R

Riskyb

Awards
I've tried Dexrose, Maltodextrin, Waxy Maize, Vitargro. Can't say I've really noticed any difference between one and the others. And as far as the studies i've read, it really doesn't matter. It's all the same crap, so save your money. You can just eat some sugary carbs after and have the same effect and probably enjoy your carbs.

aLinux

aLinux

Awards
Sorta off topic.
Healthiest way I spike: 300g bananas = 68g carbs (roughly 3 small bananas or two LARGE ones)
Healthiest way I grow: 300g sweet potato = 60g carbs (roughly 1 small sweet potato)

Worst way if I'm out of bananas/potatoes: 90g oatmeal = 60g carbs

Waxy Maize, Dextrose, Maltodextrin imo are unhealthy, ymmv. Vitagro I've never heard of.

B

Blue Reflex

Awards
I took a financial about a year ago. Still was in the gym but the big name supps had to be put on the back burner. Was at (MOM's) and came across this and a few other supps they had. No bad at all, got great results. Tell ya what, If your building on a budget, this is the one champ! IMO

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many grams do you recommend?
70 g post?
40g pre workout with 300mg rala will fill you up quickly. I now find carbs pre and intra better than post.

Mike

python93

python93

Awards
Yeah it's not like I prefer carbs from powder. I just thought they would replace glycogen faster than regular foods
But if sweet potato will do it better than I'd rather take that.
Only thing is I hate sweet potatoe anything good to eat it with

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah it's not like I prefer carbs from powder. I just thought they would replace glycogen faster than regular foods
But if sweet potato will do it better than I'd rather take that.
Only thing is I hate sweet potatoe anything good to eat it with
Spray butter, Splenda, cinnamon & all spice. Maybe a pinch of nutmeg.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I personally enjoy using Carb supplements post workout. I find they work very well for me (again this is my personal opinion only) and find Vitagro to be one of the best.

But like others said, some find them very useful, some find them to be a waste of money. The only way to find out is to pick up a tub or two and see what works best for you.

-Spaz

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
san element can be found expired for dirt cheap. I just got some glycomyx for my pre-contest carb load.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
san element can be found expired for dirt cheap. I just got some glycomyx for my pre-contest carb load.
let me know what you think about this mike. like i said, never been a big believer in carb powders/designer carb supplements, but the price on glycomyx isn't bad on nutra and it seems interesting

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Now waxy maize,I've used and enjoyed myself.great for a little extra on my last cycle.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
let me know what you think about this mike. like i said, never been a big believer in carb powders/designer carb supplements, but the price on glycomyx isn't bad on nutra and it seems interesting

Wont no til the day before the show :) Will keep you updated for sure man.

W

wrathchild281

Awards
Sorta off topic.
Healthiest way I spike: 300g bananas = 68g carbs (roughly 3 small bananas or two LARGE ones)
Healthiest way I grow: 300g sweet potato = 60g carbs (roughly 1 small sweet potato)

Worst way if I'm out of bananas/potatoes: 90g oatmeal = 60g carbs

Waxy Maize, Dextrose, Maltodextrin imo are unhealthy, ymmv. Vitagro I've never heard of.
agree with him but i use this in addition to 60-80 g fast obsorbing carbs only post workout shake. Waxy in my opinion

H

hdc

Awards
Corn Starch is 75% amylopectin and 25% amylose. Waxy Maize is 100% amylopectin.

When it comes down to it (post workout carbs) it won't make a massive difference if you use Waxy maize, maltodextrin, corn starch or oats, provided you're eating properly.

Im using powdered oats atm - I've been contemplating Vitargo vs Corn Starch, might have to give it a go myself for a couple weeks!

Has anyone tried Corn Starch!?

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I've tried Dexrose, Maltodextrin, Waxy Maize, Vitargro. Can't say I've really noticed any difference between one and the others. And as far as the studies i've read, it really doesn't matter. It's all the same crap, so save your money. You can just eat some sugary carbs after and have the same effect and probably enjoy your carbs.
You may have a point

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Poptarts. I love those things! But honestly Ive got a tub of glycomaize and a tub of dextrose here that I dont use. Ive used karbolyn, waxymaize, dextrose, and malto and Ive never noticed one difference.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Poptarts. I love those things! But honestly Ive got a tub of glycomaize and a tub of dextrose here that I dont use. Ive used karbolyn, waxymaize, dextrose, and malto and Ive never noticed one difference.
Why karbolyn over creatine mono? Already had it or what?

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
karbolyn is a designer carb? Creatine mono is a staple supp for me and I used it with Karbolyn as well for the insulin spike (again, no difference).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
karbolyn is a designer carb? Creatine mono is a staple supp for me and I used it with Karbolyn as well for the insulin spike (again, no difference).
My bad dude lol. I though you were talking about pre-alkalyn. Brain fart on my part.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
haha all good man. I used that Krealkalyn for like a year and was like "Man this is awesome!" from a little boost it gave me. Then I switched to mono and never looked back. Currently using Finaflex creatrona and its the same old same old. Mono is still king. Not trying to derail the thread, but for some reason I just felt like throwing that out there. haha

But back to the carbs, now I just use whole food. Post workout is usually a few cups of cottage cheese, if I even eat post workout. I notice no difference in eating post workout or fasting.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd - need to learn more here

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Waxy maze is like white bread. It's. Joke. I really feel full on Vitargo. 1 Serving of vitargo and beca peptides egg peptides And whey peptides ftw. True story!