Protein Uptake Supps

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Protein Uptake Supps


    Is there such thing as a supplement that helps with protein uptake? I know there is ECDY which was less than impressive.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn
    Is there such thing as a supplement that helps with protein uptake? I know there is ECDY which was less than impressive.
    You mean to increase protean absorption?
    •   
       


  3. protein synthesis?

  4. EAS methoxy factor HP

    Or good ol Phyto testosterone for 4-hydroxy leucine and methoxy isoflavone

    However I am not so sure its worth the value...

    -Matt

  5. No, there isn't, unless you have a serious digestive insufficiency, in which case protease would be a good starting point
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    You mean to increase protean absorption?
    Sorry. Yes, This is what I meant.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    EAS methoxy factor HP

    Or good ol Phyto testosterone for 4-hydroxy leucine and methoxy isoflavone

    However I am not so sure its worth the value...

    -Matt
    Thanks Matt, I'll look into those products.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    No, there isn't, unless you have a serious digestive insufficiency, in which case protease would be a good starting point
    Well in that case... I'll look into protease. I'm gluten intolerant and have hypothyroidism. So my metabolism sucks and I know i'm eating high quality food but my body just doesn't want to utilize it. On top of that i'm skinny fat, so i'm really working hard to get my macros, training, rest, supplement protocol perfect.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn

    Sorry. Yes, This is what I meant.

    Thanks Matt, I'll look into those products.

    Well in that case... I'll look into protease. I'm gluten intolerant and have hypothyroidism. So my metabolism sucks and I know i'm eating high quality food but my body just doesn't want to utilize it. On top of that i'm skinny fat, so i'm really working hard to get my macros, training, rest, supplement protocol perfect.
    Wouldn't hypothyroidism affect your metabolism and not the ability to absorb nutrients (macro or otherwise?)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Wouldn't hypothyroidism affect your metabolism and not the ability to absorb nutrients (macro or otherwise?)
    That's correct. I'm just saying my metabolism sucks. Idk what's causing me from not absorbing nutrients.

    I'm getting about 50-60g's of protein and 50-60g's of carbs per meal. I'm seeing no changes in body composition, If anything I feel soft and i've lost a few pounds. So I would like to add a supplement that could help utilize the protein i'm taking in.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    EAS methoxy factor HP

    Or good ol Phyto testosterone for 4-hydroxy leucine and methoxy isoflavone

    However I am not so sure its worth the value...

    -Matt
    EAS Methoxy Factor HP is discontinued.

    I'll see if I can find a good deal on Phyto Testosterone.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn

    EAS Methoxy Factor HP is discontinued.

    I'll see if I can find a good deal on Phyto Testosterone.
    How do you know you have a problem assimilating protein? Just guessing? The problem is more likely diet and/or training

  11. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    How do you know you have a problem assimilating protein? Just guessing? The problem is more likely diet and/or training
    Becaused I've played with my macros over the last 10 weeks and absolutely no changes. I eat a very strict diet, I'm positive it's not diet. I get multiple sources of protein per meal, multiple sources of carbs, plenty of fiber, good fats. Trying new supplements is my next step.

  12. Papaya

  13. Quote Originally Posted by LivFit
    Papaya
    NasserEl Sonbaty eats papaya with his protein post workout always,lol...

    Maybe thats why he is as big as he is

  14. All i know is i added more fats to my diet,more tahn i ever have ,but not over kill and im seeing big differences,everywheere.Along with EP amd DAA @ the moment.I dont have a single thing to complain about.

  15. I would always suggest taking some digestive/systemic enzymes.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    EAS methoxy factor HP

    Or good ol Phyto testosterone for 4-hydroxy leucine and methoxy isoflavone

    However I am not so sure its worth the value...

    -Matt
    methoxyisoflavone............. .................meh.
    sheesh i remember 6, 8yrs ago - that was all the rage.



    protease/digestive enzymes, ftw.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    methoxyisoflavone............. .................meh.
    sheesh i remember 6, 8yrs ago - that was all the rage.



    protease/digestive enzymes, ftw.
    Yes sir... Looked into this stuff and ordered two bottles. I'll give this a try and then go from there.

  18. Jorsn

    I use Multi enzymes from Vitamin Shoppe and PB8 which a great probiotic.

    People also report increased appetite from Phyto-testosterone

    -Matt

  19. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    methoxyisoflavone............. .................meh.sheesh i remember 6, 8yrs ago - that was all the rage.protease/digestive enzymes, ftw.
    Try 10 yrs ago!I just like the appetite stimulating effects...The stuff is costly to make though....-Matt

  20. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    methoxyisoflavone............. .................meh.
    sheesh i remember 6, 8yrs ago - that was all the rage.
    .
    haha those were the days! There was so much crap i cant even remember, phosphagen hp, cytovol, ahh i miss the old school stuff.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  21. Then I believe phosphagen XT , with 4-hydroxy isoleucine.

    then SWOLE ,,, SAN v12, VPX Plasma Expandor, and my favorite creasol.

    -Matt

  22. boy, you guys are bringing back such great memories..

    (consciously adding up how much i've spent on supps in my lifetime right now..)

  23. Anyone interested in logging Phyto-testosterone for 50% off?????

    Would be interested in appetite increase, libido, and strength

    -Matt

  24. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    Anyone interested in logging Phyto-testosterone for 50% off?????

    Would be interested in appetite increase, libido, and strength

    -Matt
    OP is interested!

    I would want to run it for at least 8 weeks though to really see if I notice anything.

  25. Matt,

    Phyto-Testosterone is sort of an old formula. Is there anything you would add to it to make it for effective?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn View Post
    Matt,

    Phyto-Testosterone is sort of an old formula. Is there anything you would add to it to make it for effective?
    Its old but people still really like it,

    I would personally add some echinacea with it to further increase appetite.

    -Matt

  27. never tried, would be pleased to.

  28. I'm down to log it.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn View Post
    I'm down to log it.
    What else are you jacked up with currently?-Matt
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 09:51 PM
  2. Protein fact's new acne supp
    By Max32 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:48 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2002, 06:06 PM
Log in
Log in