Phenibut - Your experience

  1. Phenibut - Your experience


    Hey all, I am curious to know how many of you use Phenibut, and what you use it for. What was your experience with the compound?

    For me, I think Phenibut is a great product that can help reduce stress and increase mental focus, as well as help getting to sleep if needed. I typically take doses of 500mg-1g a couple of times during the day, or 2g at night for sleep. Just do NOT consume alcohol with it, or be very careful if you do... What say all of you?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by TruthWalker
    Hey all, I am curious to know how many of you use Phenibut, and what you use it for. What was your experience with the compound?

    For me, I think Phenibut is a great product that can help reduce stress and increase mental focus, as well as help getting to sleep if needed. I typically take doses of 500mg-1g a couple of times during the day, or 2g at night for sleep. Just do NOT consume alcohol with it, or be very careful if you do... What say all of you?
    I usually dose 1g phenibut a few hours pre bed, once or twice a week. I find it has a nice calming effect and increases the restfullness of that night's sleep. I'm also usually in a better mood the next day.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  3. My experience with Phenibut is very similar to antihero^.

    I have heard some people report becoming addicted to Phenibut. This is a big player in only taking once or twice a week.
    I'm Back...
    •   
       


  4. We have had great results with Phenibut. It is one of our ingredients in Resurrect. The key is dialing in the right dosage for you. Rest and recovery are really good.

  5. I have had great success with it. I currently use Hi Tech Somatamax. Great relaxation and amazing sleep!

  6. I think phenibut is a great supplement. I use it to control anxiety and for restful sleep. I usually use NP's bulk phenibut. I've used the "super phenibut" which was granular and much more powerful, and I've used the powdered version that they sell now.

    I recently purchased the SNS capsules and I'm going to try them out this weekend. I think it is a great nootropic for stress relief, but as others have mentioned, you have to be careful not to dose it everyday and you have to monitor yourself for dependence issues.

  7. I like Phenibut and use it mainly for relaxation or for giving me a deeper more restful sleep.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  8. Nothing but positive experiences with Phenibut XT.

    Use 1-1.5g if I'm doing something social and I do not want to drink, much more sociable.

    1g before bed for better sleep.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Nothing but positive experiences with Phenibut XT.

    Use 1-1.5g if I'm doing something social and I do not want to drink, much more sociable.

    1g before bed for better sleep.
    I agree on this, excellent stuff. I use 2g though , once in a while but I use so much since I have sleep issues .
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  10. I use Phenibut to help sleep. Only a small amount, maybe 200mg, on occasion. I find higher doses (2-5g) will leave me with a tired and sluggish feeling the next morning.

    I don't use it for social reasons, as I find it does not help me in that department. It also makes me very sleepy.

    And yes, it's best not to use it everyday, as it is strong and it's possible to develop dependance and/or withdrawal.

  11. How does phenibut compare to other relaxation/sleep supplements like Theanine or GABA? (in terms of effectiveness)

  12. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    How does phenibut compare to other relaxation/sleep supplements like Theanine or GABA? (in terms of effectiveness)
    It's much better, theanine works but in a different and less pronounced way. GABA never worked well for me, it has been a while since using it but I can't recall it having any effect. For me Phenibut gives almost complete relief of anxiety and worry, making social situations much more enjoyable. I've used a dose of 2g for sleep before, it works quite well and I always woke up feeling great.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by chimeranD View Post
    It's much better, theanine works but in a different and less pronounced way. GABA never worked well for me, it has been a while since using it but I can't recall it having any effect. For me Phenibut gives almost complete relief of anxiety and worry, making social situations much more enjoyable. I've used a dose of 2g for sleep before, it works quite well and I always woke up feeling great.
    Is GABA even worth the hassle since its poor ability to cross the BBB? This is why Phenibut was created in the first place, correct? The attached phenyl group?

  14. With alcohol i can feel REALLY good off of a beer or two. Otherwise it really helps to unwind and completely mellow me out. I use several grams depending on tolerance at the time... Right now 7g
    CELTIC LABS REP

  15. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    How does phenibut compare to other relaxation/sleep supplements like Theanine or GABA? (in terms of effectiveness)
    I found GABA at 5g to be pretty good for me but I still think Phenibut is better.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  16. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows
    I use Phenibut to help sleep. Only a small amount, maybe 200mg, on occasion. I find higher doses (2-5g) will leave me with a tired and sluggish feeling the next morning.

    I don't use it for social reasons, as I find it does not help me in that department. It also makes me very sleepy.

    And yes, it's best not to use it everyday, as it is strong and it's possible to develop dependance and/or withdrawal.
    I've never even considered dosing anything over 2g.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  17. I found that I can only take it once a week to feel anything as my tolerance builds fast. I mainly take it before work so that I enjoy it more and make time fly.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Is GABA even worth the hassle since its poor ability to cross the BBB? This is why Phenibut was created in the first place, correct? The attached phenyl group?
    You are correct! Phenibut was created because it does cross the blood brain barrier, and GABA does not. I have used both - I really couldn't tell a difference with GABA, but phenibut the difference is very noticeable.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by broons View Post
    Anyone ever tried R-phenibut?
    Have not...NP used to sell it as Super Phenibut but I think it was dc'd

  20. Quote Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
    Have not...NP used to sell it as Super Phenibut but I think it was dc'd
    That stuff was the jam. I wish they'd bring it back.

  21. Oh wow I didn't know that. I have some of the super phenibut still. I guess I don't respond well to phenibut then because I didn't think it was that strong

  22. I used it on an empty stomach pre bed, post workout and b4 my last and also pwo meal, had only good things to say about sleep and recovery.

    I also think it is quite effective as a GH booster.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by domore
    How does phenibut compare to other relaxation/sleep supplements like Theanine or GABA? (in terms of effectiveness)
    It's the best.

    2 caps of it, and some mag creatine chelate, nightey night.
    OLYMPUS UK REP
    30% OFF OLYMPUS UK USING JBUK30 GET SWOLE!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 128
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 02:23 AM
  2. HST training and your experience
    By jcam222 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 09:32 PM
  3. Please post your experiences: PH vs Hair
    By custom in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 06:56 PM
  4. M1,4AD - Your experience?
    By IdahoSpud in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 08:34 PM
  5. M1T Recovery, your experiences
    By 200wannabe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Log in
Log in