Does creatine do anything?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Does creatine do anything?


    Ive heard it can increase energy and protien synthesis but ive also heard you just pee it out and nothing happens. Which one is correct


  2. The common mechanism for creatine supplementation is known to be the increase of intramuscular creatine stores. It is known that CP is used to replenish ATP, and that the amount of CP naturally present is well below the maximum amount of CP that the body can store. Increasing dietary creatine allows the maximum amount of CP storage to be reached, which in turn provides more capacity to regenerate ATP.


    source: Bodybuilding.com - All About Creatine!



    also read this will help you understand ATPs role in muscle contractions.
    BIOG 1105-1106 | Cornell Introductory Biology, Individualized Instruction
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Cokeboyz
    Ive heard it can increase energy and protien synthesis but ive also heard you just pee it out and nothing happens. Which one is correct
    Read up on adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Read up on adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP).
    /thread
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  5. Yes u do piss out some creatine.How much i dont know...its very effective though

  6. Well I for one can say creatine works. I personally gained about 10 lbs or so in a short period of time when I first started using creatine

  7. I notice a difference on and off creatine. I won't go without it. Creapure all the way!
    I'm Back...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Clickster
    Creapure all the way!
    Only one i use

  9. i take it u read this bullsh*t article frm yahoo

    Creatine: Myths and Facts | ThePostGame

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    I notice a difference on and off creatine. I won't go without it. Creapure all the way!
    Creapure and Magnesium Creatine Chelate are among my favorites.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
    •   
       


  11. I can definetly do more reps when using creatine. I do take a week or two off regularly because I've heard that one can become insensitive to it when used a lot. Has anyone any opinions/knowledge on that?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit
    I can definetly do more reps when using creatine. I do take a week or two off regularly because I've heard that one can become insensitive to it when used a lot. Has anyone any opinions/knowledge on that?
    I always cycle creatine.2-3 months on and about 1-2 months off

  13. I thought I'd share the lols

    Name:  image-2332838812.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  224.5 KB

  14. Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia
    I thought I'd share the lols

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 186"/>
    Whats the problem,hes prob just doig the loading phase

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999

    Whats the problem,hes prob just doig the loading phase
    Ya...at once lol

  16. Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia

    Ya...at once lol
    Lmao

  17. If you are a heavy meat eater creatine won't have much effect.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by BBB
    If you are a heavy meat eater creatine won't have much effect.
    My bro dont even take creatine anyway more & for that reason..He eats alot of steak to begin with.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit
    I do take a week or two off regularly because I've heard that one can become insensitive to it when used a lot. Has anyone any opinions/knowledge on that?
    Negative.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post
    Negative.
    'Negative' as in 'No I don't have any knowledge/opinion about the subject' or 'No, it's not necessary to lay off the creatine periodically'?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit

    'Negative' as in 'No I don't have any knowledge/opinion about the subject' or 'No, it's not necessary to lay off the creatine periodically'?
    You don't become "insensitive" to creatine. You simply reach and maintain saturation, which is a good thing. You do not need to take a break from creatine.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  22. I'm still using CEE <this should bring some serious conversation

  23. Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit

    'Negative' as in 'No I don't have any knowledge/opinion about the subject' or 'No, it's not necessary to lay off the creatine periodically'?
    There is no benefit to taking a break from creatine.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    I'm still using CEE <this should bring some serious conversation
    Well, if you enjoy it SNS CE2 (CEE) 120 cap bottles are being blown out for $4.95 at one of our retailers. It's a great opportunity to stock up.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Well I for one can say creatine works. I personally gained about 10 lbs or so in a short period of time when I first started using creatine
    not from creatine, you didn't.
    perhaps a designer creatine loaded with carbs/cals..or, combined with an increase in food intake..
    but creatine alone (don't care which kind mono cee whatever) does not equate to a ~10% increase in bodyweight.

  26. ive been off creatine for months now and havent noticed a difference, also stopped using beta alanine.

  27. Beta-Alanine was one of THE MOST worthless over-hyped supp out there. Besides feeling like I has spiders crawling under my skin for hours on end, it didn't do a darn thing for me ergogenically

    Creatine on the other hand (in several different forms) has been great for me for many years (heck, decades).

    These days, I reserve it for when I'm cutting and attempting to maintain any sport of a pump and muscle fullness (especially given the fact I'm a low carber).

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    ive been off creatine for months now and havent noticed a difference, also stopped using beta alanine.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Beta-Alanine was one of THE MOST worthless over-hyped supp out there.

    Creatine (in several different forms) has been great for me for many years. These days, I reserve it for when I'm cutting and attempting to maintain any sport of a pump and muscle fullness.
    i just purchased some BA by SNS..goign to start it soon,so im curious now.

    I have to say i had good results with L-Taurine before.So basically i want to stick with one or the other,which is also why I bought BA.

  29. Sup brudah

    Taurine and BA.......sort of apples and oranges IMO

    I take taurine daily (dirt cheap) but more so for health reasons and don't really 'feel' anything from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    i just purchased some BA by SNS..goign to start it soon,so im curious now.

    I have to say i had good results with L-Taurine before.So basically i want to stick with one or the other,which is also why I bought BA.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Sup brudah

    Taurine and BA.......sort of apples and oranges IMO

    I take taurine daily (dirt cheap) but more so for health reasons and don't really 'feel' anything from it.
    Hope your weekends going good brotha!

    Ive heard that Taurine and BA can fight against against one another. But have similar traits.

    I know when using PHs it can be handy in the sense it helps with back pumps,also helps support better blow flow,from my knowledge.

    Im like 3-4 months into supps,never used any since i been training. food,creatine,whey,multi and fish oil is all i ever took. So im partially knowledgable with supps.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-30-2015, 07:07 AM
  2. Let's be honest, does Milk Thistle even do anything?
    By Matt Skiba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 01:04 AM
  3. Sunami? Does it do anything besides for the libido?
    By Wudog in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 03:03 PM
  4. BCAA, does it do anything?
    By Sprax in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 01:26 AM
  5. Does CLA do anything.
    By theshocker21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Log in
Log in