Does creatine do anything?

Cokeboyz

Awards
Ive heard it can increase energy and protien synthesis but ive also heard you just pee it out and nothing happens. Which one is correct

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard it can increase energy and protien synthesis but ive also heard you just pee it out and nothing happens. Which one is correct
Read up on adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP).

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Yes u do piss out some creatine.How much i dont know...its very effective though

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Well I for one can say creatine works. I personally gained about 10 lbs or so in a short period of time when I first started using creatine

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I notice a difference on and off creatine. I won't go without it. Creapure all the way!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I notice a difference on and off creatine. I won't go without it. Creapure all the way!
Creapure and Magnesium Creatine Chelate are among my favorites.

PrimiFit

Awards
I can definetly do more reps when using creatine. I do take a week or two off regularly because I've heard that one can become insensitive to it when used a lot. Has anyone any opinions/knowledge on that?

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I can definetly do more reps when using creatine. I do take a week or two off regularly because I've heard that one can become insensitive to it when used a lot. Has anyone any opinions/knowledge on that?
I always cycle creatine.2-3 months on and about 1-2 months off

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
If you are a heavy meat eater creatine won't have much effect.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
If you are a heavy meat eater creatine won't have much effect.
My bro dont even take creatine anyway more & for that reason..He eats alot of steak to begin with.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
'Negative' as in 'No I don't have any knowledge/opinion about the subject' or 'No, it's not necessary to lay off the creatine periodically'?
You don't become "insensitive" to creatine. You simply reach and maintain saturation, which is a good thing. You do not need to take a break from creatine.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
I'm still using CEE <this should bring some serious conversation

chris223

Awards
  • Established
'Negative' as in 'No I don't have any knowledge/opinion about the subject' or 'No, it's not necessary to lay off the creatine periodically'?
There is no benefit to taking a break from creatine.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I'm still using CEE <this should bring some serious conversation
Well, if you enjoy it SNS CE2 (CEE) 120 cap bottles are being blown out for $4.95 at one of our retailers. It's a great opportunity to stock up.

Reactions: mw1

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Well I for one can say creatine works. I personally gained about 10 lbs or so in a short period of time when I first started using creatine
not from creatine, you didn't.
perhaps a designer creatine loaded with carbs/cals..or, combined with an increase in food intake..
but creatine alone (don't care which kind mono cee whatever) does not equate to a ~10% increase in bodyweight.
:nono:

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ive been off creatine for months now and havent noticed a difference, also stopped using beta alanine.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beta-Alanine was one of THE MOST worthless over-hyped supp out there. Besides feeling like I has spiders crawling under my skin for hours on end, it didn't do a darn thing for me ergogenically

Creatine on the other hand (in several different forms) has been great for me for many years (heck, decades).

These days, I reserve it for when I'm cutting and attempting to maintain any sport of a pump and muscle fullness (especially given the fact I'm a low carber).

ive been off creatine for months now and havent noticed a difference, also stopped using beta alanine.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Beta-Alanine was one of THE MOST worthless over-hyped supp out there.

Creatine (in several different forms) has been great for me for many years. These days, I reserve it for when I'm cutting and attempting to maintain any sport of a pump and muscle fullness.
i just purchased some BA by SNS..goign to start it soon,so im curious now.

I have to say i had good results with L-Taurine before.So basically i want to stick with one or the other,which is also why I bought BA.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup brudah

Taurine and BA.......sort of apples and oranges IMO

I take taurine daily (dirt cheap) but more so for health reasons and don't really 'feel' anything from it.

i just purchased some BA by SNS..goign to start it soon,so im curious now.

I have to say i had good results with L-Taurine before.So basically i want to stick with one or the other,which is also why I bought BA.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Sup brudah

Taurine and BA.......sort of apples and oranges IMO

I take taurine daily (dirt cheap) but more so for health reasons and don't really 'feel' anything from it.
Hope your weekends going good brotha!

Ive heard that Taurine and BA can fight against against one another. But have similar traits.

I know when using PHs it can be handy in the sense it helps with back pumps,also helps support better blow flow,from my knowledge.

Im like 3-4 months into supps,never used any since i been training. food,creatine,whey,multi and fish oil is all i ever took. So im partially knowledgable with supps.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stay that way........;)

After 20 + years of wasting a ton of hard-earned cash on the NEXT BIG THING and over-hyped CRAPP, I've finally learned

99% of the garbage that comes out is just that, GARBAGE

Sure, I take stuff but still wonder half the time......WHY!

Food + Hard training = WIN

Im like 3-4 months into supps,never used any since i been training. food,creatine,whey,multi and fish oil is all i ever took.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
After 20 + years of wasting a ton of hard-earned cash on the NEXT BIG THING and over-hyped CRAPP, I've finally learned

slow learner??

:blink:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i'm right there with ya.
creatine is more a subtle, performance-enhancing compound, that helps in minute ways.
it is not something one should 'notice' per se in an obvious fashion -- unless, one is a vegetarian whose diet is devoid of meat (red meat specifically).
i don't know that i have ever 'noticed' my creatine use at any time.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Stay that way........;)

Sure, I take stuff but still wonder half the time......WHY!

Food + Hard training = WIN
absolutly bro.I agree.I learned all I know from my bro. All i stick with is the basics,to be honest.Food,creatine,whey,multi and fish oils,thats what my bro told me all i need. So i still believe that,cause its proven.

I like some pre,s..stim and no stim..

I have also had some good results with a few runs of daa and erase.So im very picky with what i buy. If i use a product and it works ill stick with it.

But i have been training for about 8 years. well i have for many years used no supps at all.just food and some caffeine and creatine and never had any problems gaining strength,size or cutting.

there are plenty of all natty supps that actually work and i make sure those are the ones i stick with.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cheap creatine monohydrate swells me up like a mofo!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Beta-Alanine was one of THE MOST worthless over-hyped supp out there. Besides feeling like I has spiders crawling under my skin for hours on end, it didn't do a darn thing for me ergogenically

Creatine on the other hand (in several different forms) has been great for me for many years (heck, decades).

These days, I reserve it for when I'm cutting and attempting to maintain any sport of a pump and muscle fullness (especially given the fact I'm a low carber).
What? Beta-alanine has an incredible body of evidence showing increases in performance, exercise capacity, body composition, and even longevity. Just because it didn't work for your particular phenotype does not make a blanket statement like that even close to accurate.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Why? You don't need to cycle it.
Randoja,no reason imparticular.I take time off of everything,to be honest.Its always what i done.Also depends if i am eating a diet high in red meats ill lay off the creatine a bit. Id say i use creatine 8 months of the year.

Alot of ppl go on and off.I think time off is goos,i do thi.k ur body will be come accustomed and it wont be as affective.Which i think would force you to dose higher. I could be very wrong,but this is bro science for me.I have learned what works for my body.Im nit 100% big on the scientific appeoach to everything.We are all different ppl and react diff. You have to find what works for you.

In my expieriences,every time i syay off it for a while and get back on i seem to make some gains.So if it aint broken dont fix it.

EllieHarrison

Awards
Creatine makes your muscles look bigger because of increased water absorption. Once you stop taking creatine, the excess water will disappear.

Ellie

uvawahoowa

Awards
Creatine makes your muscles look bigger because of increased water absorption. Once you stop taking creatine, the excess water will disappear.

Ellie

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where did I make ANY blanket statements with respect to beta-alanine

What? Beta-alanine has an incredible body of evidence showing increases in performance, exercise capacity, body composition, and even longevity. Just because it didn't work for your particular phenotype does not make a blanket statement like that even close to accurate.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
All i know is, what works for one doesnt for another, necessarily.This is why i like a mixture of science and personal hands on knowledge...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amen brudah ;)

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Right there.
Cooper,but who is to say its suppose to work for 100% of ppl?

Ive heard ppl say they have uaed creatine and havent noticed anything,which i find hard to believe,but everyone is diff.

Just like u said u used APE and it did jack,yet **** loads of ppl swear its top of the line....

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Ive heard ppl say they have uaed creatine and havent noticed anything,which i find hard to believe,but everyone is diff.

Just like u said u used APE and it did jack,yet **** loads of ppl swear its top of the line....
Lol I would never have APE...got my reasons why, but one of them is that I don't trust the "blood results".

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Right, which is why I said this:

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I would never have APE...got my reasons why, but one of them is that I don't trust the "blood results".
What about the "blood results" makes you immediately dismiss it's effectiveness, without ever trying it? I really enjoyed the product when I took it, even after you told me it was a "garbage supplement."