Evening pre-workout that won't screw with my sleep 2-3 hours l8r?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Gator762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    173

    Evening pre-workout that won't screw with my sleep 2-3 hours l8r?


    With work and family life, I can't workout until later in the evening. That also means I must go to be 2-3 hours after I start.

    I think I've been consuming way too much caffeine, I'm waking up dead tired despite having 7-8 hours sleep. I've been falling into the cycle of needing it to get through the day, and for any chance of getting a workout in. But I'm drinking 700mg+ a day, and a lot past 3PM, so it's probably messing with my sleep. I'm going to try to cut that back to 200-300 mg.

    Right now I'm taking Anadraulic State GT, but my tolerance to caffeine must be high, because if I only take 1 or 2 scoops of that I feel like I can go to bed afterward. I weigh 170.

  2. Registered User
    Nicolas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    332

    I used to use BodyForge by Neogenix when I worked out late at night.
  3. Registered User
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Your moms house
    Posts
    14,539
    Rep Power
    1590224

    Caff free focus xt from sms.
    •   
       

  4. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,156
    Rep Power
    6628015

    Take a stim break.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  5. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0

    I will reccomend HEMAVOL, being its stim free and the pump i get off of it is awesome..

    Focus XT Stim Free seems to get good reviews

    .They are different..One is nootropics and the other is for pumps,so find which will fit u best.
  6. Registered User
    D2footballjrc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,735
    Rep Power
    613166

    A non-stim is a good choice..

    If you are needing a burst of energy then I suggest...

    Name:  quaker-oatmeal-quick-oats.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  31.7 KB

    The quick oats will give you a quick energy boost.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--
  7. Registered User
    CATdiesel76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    600530

    I would reccomend Hemavol and maybe Caffiene Free Focus XT. Whatever the case it seems you need to cycle off stims for a bit. Drinkin these before you lift, although not stimmed, could likely give the same psychological effect letting your body know its time to perk up and that some clanging and banging is soon to follow
  8. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Stimulant-free Focus XT. Plus, it may enhance GH release and give you vivid dreams if you take it near bed
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  9. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Hemavol IMO.. hands down one of the best non-stim pre-workouts available with tons of great solid reviews. Vasodilates plus increases plasma volumes, can't get much better.

    Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  10. Registered User
    allnatural923's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,150
    Rep Power
    854153

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Hemavol IMO.. hands down one of the best non-stim pre-workouts available with tons of great solid reviews. Vasodilates plus increases plasma volumes, can't get much better.

    Mike
    ^this, took the words right out of my mouth
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  11. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    3458019

    Already some good suggestions going on in here, so I'll just toss out a couple I like as well.

    Protocol, Ultima, Hemavol and Clout are all great and what I typically use at different times.
  12. Registered User
    CATdiesel76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    600530

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Already some good suggestions going on in here, so I'll just toss out a couple I like as well.

    Protocol, Ultima, Hemavol and Clout are all great and what I typically use at different times.
    Clout is another I forgot. Awesome stuff I need to run it again it has been awhile
  13. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0

    Lol
  14. Banned
    ThunderHumper's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, ca
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    0

    well since youre gonna have to avoid stims, its gonna be almost pointless to even take one. if you want a pump still, just buy bulk agmatine and eat some carbs with it an hour before working out. no need to spend money on these stim free preworkouts since a pump is all youre really looking for
  15. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    3458019

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    well since youre gonna have to avoid stims, its gonna be almost pointless to even take one. if you want a pump still, just buy bulk agmatine and eat some carbs with it an hour before working out. no need to spend money on these stim free preworkouts since a pump is all youre really looking for
    Many of the stim free products now provide actual performance benefits beyond just a pump. Definitely not pointless.
  16. Banned
    ThunderHumper's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, ca
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10

    Many of the stim free products now provide actual performance benefits beyond just a pump. Definitely not pointless.
    are you refering to the combination of citruline malate, agmatine, creatine, beta alanine, and bcaas that all stim frees have in common? 2 of which are for pumps, 2 of which are useless unless saturated, and one is useless unless training fasted, which he wouldnt be doing at night.
  17. Registered User
    3utcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    772

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Already some good suggestions going on in here, so I'll just toss out a couple I like as well.

    Protocol, Ultima, Hemavol and Clout are all great and what I typically use at different times.
    This.
    Also too much vaso without stims = tired and huge decrease in performance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gator762 View Post
    With work and family life, I can't workout until later in the evening. That also means I must go to be 2-3 hours after I start.

    I think I've been consuming way too much caffeine, I'm waking up dead tired despite having 7-8 hours sleep. I've been falling into the cycle of needing it to get through the day, and for any chance of getting a workout in. But I'm drinking 700mg+ a day, and a lot past 3PM, so it's probably messing with my sleep. I'm going to try to cut that back to 200-300 mg.

    Right now I'm taking Anadraulic State GT, but my tolerance to caffeine must be high, because if I only take 1 or 2 scoops of that I feel like I can go to bed afterward. I weigh 170.
    +700mg of caffeine ED ? A bit too much heh ?
  18. Banned
    ThunderHumper's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, ca
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    0

    op when ou sleep, is it hot or cold in your room? you might want to question the quality if sleep youre getting since you wake up tired. sleeping cold is better than hot btw
  19. Registered User
    3utcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    772

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    are you refering to the combination of citruline malate, agmatine, creatine, beta alanine, and bcaas that all stim frees have in common? 2 of which are for pumps, 2 of which are useless unless saturated, and one is useless unless training fasted, which he wouldnt be doing at night.
    lolI need explanations on how "BCAA are useless unless training fasted".Because a guy said so on his own website ?You think having elevated creatine content in the muscle but below "saturation" is useless ?
  20. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    3458019

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    are you refering to the combination of citruline malate, agmatine, creatine, beta alanine, and bcaas that all stim frees have in common? 2 of which are for pumps, 2 of which are useless unless saturated, and one is useless unless training fasted, which he wouldnt be doing at night.
    Citrulline Malate and Agmatine provide benefits beyond "pumps". I also didn't mention any BCAA product. Maybe these products aren't for you but there are plenty of other ingredients in the products I mentioned and others mentioned that do more than just provide pumps.
  21. Registered User
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81800

    Volatile by Fahrenheit nutrition would be an option as well. Stim content is only like a cup of coffee so it shouldn't mess with your sleep at all.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  22. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Rep Power
    191395

    I would def get a non-stim preworkout product.

    Some options are White BLOOD (v1 or v2), Ragnarok stim free, etc.
    Or you could make your own from bulk ingredients
  23. Ω Omega Sports Ω
    Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,501
    Rep Power
    178407

    AX Ultra Reps
    Omega Ultima
    iForce Hemavol
    MAN Clout/BodyOctane
    SNS Focus XT - Stim Free

    I think any of those would be a great option for a good preworkout that won't mess with your sleeping patterns.
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  24. Registered User
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    409376

    As many people have mentioned, Hemavol! And it tastes almost too good to be true!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  25. Registered User
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253645

    Definitely pick up some Caffeine-Free Focus XT. The fruit punch flavoring is delicious.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  26. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Definitely pick up some Caffeine-Free Focus XT. The fruit punch flavoring is delicious.
    Next on my list to try, but prolly not the stim free version
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  27. Registered User
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250882

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Caff free focus xt from sms.
    who's sms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    I will reccomend HEMAVOL, being its stim free and the pump i get off of it is awesome..

    Focus XT Stim Free seems to get good reviews

    .They are different..One is nootropics and the other is for pumps,so find which will fit u best.
    yep, both great products.

    Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    A non-stim is a good choice..

    If you are needing a burst of energy then I suggest...

    Name:  quaker-oatmeal-quick-oats.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  31.7 KB

    The quick oats will give you a quick energy boost.
    Bruce, it's different with you because you mix yours with vodka instead of water.


    OP, give caffeine free Focus XT, Hemavol, or caffeine free Ragnorok a try. I have tried all of them and like them in their own way. I thought White Blood was terrible though.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  28. Registered User
    Gator762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    173

    Thanks for all the replies guys. Sorry for the apparent hit and run, work got real busy and free time on the web almost non existent.

    Looks like I need to try Focus XT for sure, and Hemavol or caffeine free Ragnorok too. Checked out the product descriptions and they all look good. So far I have cut back to 200-300 mg for 4 or 5 days now, with very little after 2 PM (cup of green tea). Not doing too badly, and my sleep does seem to be improved. Off to NP soon!
  29. Registered User
    AthleticXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    165777

    Sign up for a free sample of Ultra Reps and give that a try. I can go to sleep right after working out if I need to.

    http://samples.athleticxtreme.com/product/ultrareps
    Athletic Xtreme
    Sports Supplements That Work
    www.AthleticX.net
  30. Registered User
    TheFugitive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    184061

    OP I was averaging about 600mg a day for quite sometime. I cut down to 300mg and have noticed better sleep patterns.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. looking for pre workouts that have more than 5g per scoop
    By rochabp in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 12:35 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 06:51 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 07:32 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in