Severe Insomnia HELP!!!!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Severe Insomnia HELP!!!!!

  1. New Member
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    27434

    Reputation

    Angry Severe Insomnia HELP!!!!!


    So I am currently on full dose 48mg MethylPrednisolone (Equal to 60mg Prednisone) to treat a relapse from an autoimmune kidney disease I suffer from. This s*** is like crack!! I can't F***ing sleep for the life of me. I'm lucky if I fall asleep at 4 AM. Staying asleep is no problem, but falling asleep is nearly impossible. Last night I never fell asleep period! Its 8 AM and I'm still awake from the day before. I've tried everything, Benedryl (Sometimes works), supplements (don't work), herbal stuff (doesn't work), even strong herbs like mega dose Kava, nothing. Can you guys suggest something? Anything? That might work for me. I don't drink coffee, I don't drink tea, I don't take any diet pills aside from Green Coffee Extract, which has a minimal amount of caffeine. So really the only stimulant I have, the entire day is my 1 lone scoop of Jack3d Micro, the new stuff with no DMAA. Say the word and I will get on amazon right now and buy it! I'm about 1 step from becoming a stoner or trying opiates because I am just so desperate to get rid of this problem.

  2. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,228
    Rep Power
    8349

    Reputation

    To be quite honest, this is probably something you need to talk to your doctor about.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  3. New Member
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    27434

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    To be quite honest, this is probably something you need to talk to your doctor about.
    He'll probably just give me 10mg of Ambien and tell me to be on my way. That's my guess
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    flightposite's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,954
    Rep Power
    311225

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Some natty things to look into would be.

    Inositol
    5-htp
    Melatonin
    And valerian root.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  5. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation

    Gaba???
  6. Senior Member
    D2footballjrc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,735
    Rep Power
    613167

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    So I am currently on full dose 48mg MethylPrednisolone (Equal to 60mg Prednisone) to treat a relapse from an autoimmune kidney disease I suffer from. This s*** is like crack!! I can't F***ing sleep for the life of me. I'm lucky if I fall asleep at 4 AM. Staying asleep is no problem, but falling asleep is nearly impossible. Last night I never fell asleep period! Its 8 AM and I'm still awake from the day before. I've tried everything, Benedryl (Sometimes works), supplements (don't work), herbal stuff (doesn't work), even strong herbs like mega dose Kava, nothing. Can you guys suggest something? Anything? That might work for me. I don't drink coffee, I don't drink tea, I don't take any diet pills aside from Green Coffee Extract, which has a minimal amount of caffeine. So really the only stimulant I have, the entire day is my 1 lone scoop of Jack3d Micro, the new stuff with no DMAA. Say the word and I will get on amazon right now and buy it! I'm about 1 step from becoming a stoner or trying opiates because I am just so desperate to get rid of this problem.

    It blows my mind the people that say I'm on such and such prescribed medicine and then ask on a supplement forum about stuff.. Ask the Dr. who prescribed you the medicine! Also remember when taking the meds and supplements to watch out for interactions. EX. some supplements will delay the absorption of prescription meds. Another thing if you are having sleep problems lay off the jack3d, if you have infomnia then taking a stim is not a bright move.

    Call your dr. and lay off the stims.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--
  7. Senior Member
    D2footballjrc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,735
    Rep Power
    613167

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    He'll probably just give me 10mg of Ambien and tell me to be on my way. That's my guess
    Your guess may be right, but you should still tell him. Just to be safe.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--
  8. New Member
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    27434

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Gaba???
    've never tried Gaba plain, there used to be some Gaba in my old preworkout, and I wonder if that's why I never had trouble sleeping after taking it, hmm. What do you think of Gaba, L tryptophan and 5-htp stacked.
  9. Jahcuree
    Guest
    Jahcuree's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan

    've never tried Gaba plain, there used to be some Gaba in my old preworkout, and I wonder if that's why I never had trouble sleeping after taking it, hmm. What do you think of Gaba, L tryptophan and 5-htp stacked.
    I would also try only eating during sunlight hours to see if that helps your body fall back into its normal circadian rhythm

    Sent from my iPad using Am.com
  10. New Member
    chimeranD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    1977

    Reputation

    Don't bother stacking 5-HTP with Tryptophan, 5-htp will suffice for the effects you want. It sounds like you're experiencing severe anxiety from this, you do need to speak to your doctor about this. 10mg of ambien short term won't be bad at all, why would you avoid it? Not that there's a problem with using OTC alternatives, but they almost certainly won't be as effective.
    From the sounds of it, you're fairly likely to superdose whatever you end up getting, if you stayed within the recommended dosages I'd recommend phenibut. Again this is short term, as either this is a short term treatment for your AI disease; or your doctor needs to get his act together and figure out a better plan for you.
  11. New Member
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    27434

    Reputation

    Yeah, my neph has a habit of not monitoring me very well, like when he put me on hGH for steroid induced short stature and I ended up getting slight acromagaly!! Yeah, that was good. Luckily my orthopedic doc and endocrinologist caught it early enough where it didn't cause any permanent damage, but it easily could have. I'm probably just gonna have my GP handle it, because I don't think my neph will do anything. Kava has been working well though as it has begun to kick in, so maybe I'll just stick with that for now
  12. New Member
    Nicolas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    333

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    So I am currently on full dose 48mg MethylPrednisolone (Equal to 60mg Prednisone) to treat a relapse from an autoimmune kidney disease I suffer from. This s*** is like crack!! I can't F***ing sleep for the life of me. I'm lucky if I fall asleep at 4 AM. Staying asleep is no problem, but falling asleep is nearly impossible. Last night I never fell asleep period! Its 8 AM and I'm still awake from the day before. I've tried everything, Benedryl (Sometimes works), supplements (don't work), herbal stuff (doesn't work), even strong herbs like mega dose Kava, nothing. Can you guys suggest something? Anything? That might work for me. I don't drink coffee, I don't drink tea, I don't take any diet pills aside from Green Coffee Extract, which has a minimal amount of caffeine. So really the only stimulant I have, the entire day is my 1 lone scoop of Jack3d Micro, the new stuff with no DMAA. Say the word and I will get on amazon right now and buy it! I'm about 1 step from becoming a stoner or trying opiates because I am just so desperate to get rid of this problem.

    Phenibut helps me with anxiety and helps me sleep. I will say that it is a supplement that you can't take every day, though. You would probably want to consult with your MD before you use it, too.
  13. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,830
    Rep Power
    4302511

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    It blows my mind the people that say I'm on such and such prescribed medicine and then ask on a supplement forum about stuff.. Ask the Dr. who prescribed you the medicine! Also remember when taking the meds and supplements to watch out for interactions. EX. some supplements will delay the absorption of prescription meds. Another thing if you are having sleep problems lay off the jack3d, if you have infomnia then taking a stim is not a bright move.

    Call your dr. and lay off the stims.
    Yeah it blows my mind also, people coming on a bodybuilding and supplement site for medical advice.
  14. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    To treat the symptoms, but not the underlying cause - you can try:

    Inositol
    5-htp
    Melatonin
    Gaba
    DMAE
    Pregnenolone
    OTC Sleep Aid - Costco sells one very inexpensively.
    1-carboxy
    ZMA - may or may not help

    Good luck.
  15. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    4276

    Reputation

    Yeah I agree with gaba, really cheap to try! When I had insomnia my doc put me on ambien cr never woke up groggy... Did some messed up **** a few times though
  16. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,266
    Rep Power
    2648199

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Why not just get the Ambien? Targets GABA receptor lol
  17. New Member
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    27434

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    Why not just get the Ambien? Targets GABA receptor lol
    Too lazy to go to the doctor lol
  18. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Too lazy to go to the doctor lol
    you're up all day and night 24 hours anyway, may as well make efficient use of your time and fit in a doctors appointment
  19. New Member
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    27434

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    you're up all day and night 24 hours anyway, may as well make efficient use of your time and fit in a doctors appointment
    Doctor's office doesn't allow sexting. That could pose a problem in my everyday life!
  20. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,266
    Rep Power
    2648199

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Doctor's office doesn't allow sexting. That could pose a problem in my everyday life!
    psh you pay the man, you can do what you want you practically own the joint!
  21. New Member
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    27434

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    psh you pay the man, you can do what you want you practically own the joint!
    Haha, you're damn right I do!! And plus, no one would dare mess with me if they knew what was good for them!!
  22. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,266
    Rep Power
    2648199

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Haha, you're damn right I do!! And plus, no one would dare mess with me if they knew what was good for them!!
    lol but back on track, I have Ambien. My insomnia was pretty bad (2-3 days staying up at its worst) I like it if I plan ahead. Also staying warm is a plus for me not waking up all drowsy, sedating your body like that most likely reduces respiration thus leading to lower body temp. Idk I just throw on an extra blanket and I am good
  23. New Member
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    27434

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    lol but back on track, I have Ambien. My insomnia was pretty bad (2-3 days staying up at its worst) I like it if I plan ahead. Also staying warm is a plus for me not waking up all drowsy, sedating your body like that most likely reduces respiration thus leading to lower body temp. Idk I just throw on an extra blanket and I am good
    I just can't sleep period if the house is above 72 degrees, I've used to even have a seperate A/C in my room set at 64. If it is too warm I wake up with night sweats.
  24. Senior Member
    allnatural923's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,150
    Rep Power
    854154

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'll just leave this here...

    Lights Out? What the heck is in that? GTFIH!
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  25. New Member
    TruthWalker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    35231

    Reputation

    PHENIBUT - I cannot stress to you how amazing this product is, and how underutilized. I use this product often, smaller doses during the day to keep me relaxed/happy/focused (it has a nootropic effect) and if I can't sleep - which is rare now, since I am prescribed trazadone for insomnia - it really does the trick. Don't use it every day, it can cause dependence and withdrawal effects if used for too long (although ive used it every day for months and never had a negative side effect, it IS possible)

    If you need to go the prescription route, look up trazadone. I was on every sleep aid known to man, but trazadone works better for me than any of them ever did. I take it, feel naturally super sleepy an hour later, and then wake up exactly 8 hours later feeling refreshed and ready to go. Benadryl doesn't work for me because I have to take it every 4 hours for my allergies anyway.

    And really, if you don't mind being illegal, a little mary jane never hurts for insomnia. But I would definitely give phenibut a try. Its dirt cheap too.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Brucega's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    124490

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Take a look at Resurrect. If you google us there are quite a few reviews on the product. We have a great following with this and it is growing. The key is to start with about .25 scoop and adjust from there. Once dialed in you will be amazed at how rested you feel on this product.
    This is a great price and you get 10% off through the end of the month. FIT10 coupon code
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/f...-servings.html
    thanks
  27. Advanced Member
    djremix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    39
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    you really wanna sleep?

    ask your doctor for a script of lyrica (pregebalin) at 75-150mg one hour before your bedtime.

    thing is, you cannot use this everyday, not even EOD, more like every 3rd or 4th day.
    (if you do it will work then it will stop due to quick tolerance setting in)
    it will take sometime to readjust your body to baseline.

    Also,
    make sure your room temp is between 19 to 24 degrees C
    your room is 100% darkness
    add in 3mg melatonin right before bed (only if you feel tired in the mornings and afternoons)

    get ready for a killer 1st night of sleeping bliss ;-)

    this is from my own personal experiences over the last 15 years. nothing beats it
  28. Senior Member
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253646

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan
    So I am currently on full dose 48mg MethylPrednisolone (Equal to 60mg Prednisone) to treat a relapse from an autoimmune kidney disease I suffer from. This s*** is like crack!! I can't F***ing sleep for the life of me. I'm lucky if I fall asleep at 4 AM. Staying asleep is no problem, but falling asleep is nearly impossible. Last night I never fell asleep period! Its 8 AM and I'm still awake from the day before. I've tried everything, Benedryl (Sometimes works), supplements (don't work), herbal stuff (doesn't work), even strong herbs like mega dose Kava, nothing. Can you guys suggest something? Anything? That might work for me. I don't drink coffee, I don't drink tea, I don't take any diet pills aside from Green Coffee Extract, which has a minimal amount of caffeine. So really the only stimulant I have, the entire day is my 1 lone scoop of Jack3d Micro, the new stuff with no DMAA. Say the word and I will get on amazon right now and buy it! I'm about 1 step from becoming a stoner or trying opiates because I am just so desperate to get rid of this problem.
    Have you tried melatonin?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  29. Advanced Member
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35036

    Reputation

    I took Man's REM PM last night for the first time (1 cap) and slept like a rock for the first time in a while.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Severe Tendonitis...Help!!
    By Wudog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 05:34 PM
  2. Insomnia Help.
    By natty texan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
  3. 22 years old severe adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid please help
    By evd22 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 08:37 AM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in