Supplements to increase mental clarity - AnabolicMinds.com

Supplements to increase mental clarity

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Supplements to increase mental clarity

I am about as ADD as anyone I know and to top that off have terrible sleep habits. I am trying to finish up my doctorate and am having to take some ridiculous classes. Studying for tests while working 40 hours a week is tough. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to retain information. Long story short what's available (either product or component) that may improve cognitive function (memory, clarity, etc.). I looked at bottled oxygen but I am not sure how long the effects are for. Might be funny going in to take test with a bottle of O2 lol.

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

^Besides that, Focus XT + a racetam of choice generally works well
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Focus XT (caffeine and caffeine free version available) standalone will provide acute benefits like focus/energy/cognitive benefits and long term benefits such as enhanced recall and retention.

Stackable with racetam(s), glucuronolactione, ALCAR, and the list goes on...depends how much you want to speed and what you're willing to experiment with to find the right dosage for yourself.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
    •   

4. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anything PEA, as science tends to show that people with ADD or ADHD tend to be low in concentrations of PEA the natural amphetamine neurotransmitter.
    doing my own thang!
  5. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mondata View Post
    I am about as ADD as anyone I know and to top that off have terrible sleep habits. I am trying to finish up my doctorate and am having to take some ridiculous classes. Studying for tests while working 40 hours a week is tough. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to retain information. Long story short what's available (either product or component) that may improve cognitive function (memory, clarity, etc.). I looked at bottled oxygen but I am not sure how long the effects are for. Might be funny going in to take test with a bottle of O2 lol.

You appear to be a PRIME candidate for AndroDrive and EndoAMP Max...

AndroDrive is used for its neuro-steroidal effects --- increasing cognitive function and impulse.

EndoAMP Max contains PS (phophatidyl Serine) which increases memory and learning function and lowers cortisol.

Perfect for studying, video games, chess, etc.....

and you know I got discounts...

-Matt
  6. purebred

Piracetam, Choline Citrate and Sulbutiamine would be a nice basic non-biased stack to start with.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've always liked ALCAR + Ephedrine.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

I have some ALCAR and Sulbutiamine on the way. Think I supplement with ALCAR at 1-2 grams daily and then try the Sulbutiamine on exam weeks while I am studying. The racetrams are interesting but they scare me just a bit.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

I've had great experiences with ALCAR and Focus XT. The Focus XT Pink Lemonade is tasty and doesn't make me feel stimmed out.
  10. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I will throw a Focus-XT into the hat as well. Really nice, inexpensive and effective formulation.
  11. New Member

Bacopa Monnieri 20% bacosides extract, this is unbelievable.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    I've had great experiences with ALCAR and Focus XT. The Focus XT Pink Lemonade is tasty and doesn't make me feel stimmed out.
    I'm with you on this one.

Currently stacking FXT (or CF-FXT) + 1g ALCAR + 3g Piracetam, and sometimes a Bronkaid or Primatene for a low dose of ephedrine, or a low dose of Modafinil 50mg for extended periods.

I used to stack Aniracetam with the above, with or without Piracetam, but either way, Aniracetam just irritates me and causes brain fog.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by deh707 View Post
    I'm with you on this one.

Currently stacking FXT (or CF-FXT) + 1g ALCAR + 3g Piracetam, and sometimes a Bronkaid or Primatene for a low dose of ephedrine, or a low dose of Modafinil 50mg for extended periods.

I used to stack Aniracetam with the above, with or without Piracetam, but either way, Aniracetam just irritates me and causes brain fog.
    Cool, I've never messed around with any of the racetams. Although...if I could figure out a dosing schedule, I might give them a try.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hordenine, PEA alkaloids, piracetam, and to some degree phenibut.

Black Cats v2
    Focus XT
    RPM helps me during a workout but your asking more versatile use.
    Motivate
    Or any of the bulk powders listed above.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  15. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

look into chaotic labz products ....they have some trippy stuff...

-Matt
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

^Rep you when I get home. Chaotic Labz is what's up.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Hordenine, PEA alkaloids, piracetam, and to some degree phenibut.
    I will also go with piracetam and phenibut (at a low dose - 250 or 500mg) Tolerance builds up to phenibut really quickly, but piracteam negates this. Used together they are a wonderful neural stimulator, in my experience. And to jump on the Focus XT bandwagon - its great stuff.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Theres been alot of talk on AndroDrive by PP that does this. I am not sure how it will go with an ADD person. Ill let someone more knowledgeable on the supplement answer that.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post

AndroDrive is used for its neuro-steroidal effects --- increasing cognitive function and impulse.

EndoAMP Max contains PS (phophatidyl Serine) which increases memory and learning function and lowers cortisol.

-Matt
    sorry just saw this. ha
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by zaire2d View Post
    Bacopa Monnieri 20% bacosides extract, this is unbelievable.
    Thanks. I ordered a bottle of this today. Looks like there are several studies to back these claims.

My brain never stops. I feel like its the matrix inside my head sometime - constant numbers lol. I will definitely be able to tell if any of this helps.
  21. Banned

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post

-Matt
    looking at androdrives ingredients ....it seems to be similar to dermacrine, but higher mg amounts of course....so is androdrive an oral alternative to dermacrine/topicals like it? or are we talking totally different deals. I notice on the PP site it says androdrive is a good adjunct to TRT since it will replenish DHEA and pregnenolone that TRT might decrease. sounds exactly the same as the reason I use dermacrine.....
  22. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6

looking at androdrives ingredients ....it seems to be similar to dermacrine, but higher mg amounts of course....so is androdrive an oral alternative to dermacrine/topicals like it? or are we talking totally different deals. I notice on the PP site it says androdrive is a good adjunct to TRT since it will replenish DHEA and pregnenolone that TRT might decrease. sounds exactly the same as the reason I use dermacrine.....
    You should become either a sponsored athlete or product educator for those guys.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  23. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

You should become either a sponsored athlete or product educator for those guys.
    Those aholes get you addicted to all this DHEA hormone shyt....you replace test with TRT? Then you gotta replace this and that hormone as well . Don't get old is what I advise. I'm more likely to sue them for taking all my money than to work for them LMFAO : D
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like Focus XT for mental sharpness/acuity. Right now I just got my tub of caffeine free FXT and am taking one dose everyday for a month for the increased benefits and to see how well the continued use will aid in my studies at school right now. I also like Huperzine A and Brain Elevate. If I start getting tired then I like adding 25-50mg of geranium.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  25. New Member

Thanks. I ordered a bottle of this today. Looks like there are several studies to back these claims.

My brain never stops. I feel like its the matrix inside my head sometime - constant numbers lol. I will definitely be able to tell if any of this helps.
    I have ADD too, already take methylfenidate, and other drugs, but when I feel it was detrimental to my health I stopped and search for natural drugs for this.

Bacopa and Gotu kola was the best alternatives for me.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NomZ
    Focus XT (caffeine and caffeine free version available) standalone will provide acute benefits like focus/energy/cognitive benefits and long term benefits such as enhanced recall and retention.

Stackable with racetam(s), glucuronolactione, ALCAR, and the list goes on...depends how much you want to speed and what you're willing to experiment with to find the right dosage for yourself.
    Alcar+ caf free focus xt would be my best recommendation. Very versatile and effective.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Another supplement that looks promising is CDP-Choline. May give it a go after I try out this current regiment of ALCAR + Bacopa + Sulbutiamine (study days only)
  28. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Another supplement that looks promising is CDP-Choline. May give it a go after I try out this current regiment of ALCAR + Bacopa + Sulbutiamine (study days only)
    CDP is great. It's at the top of my list along with ALCAR, Galantamine, Phenylpiracetam, and Aniracetam.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.

I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

I took ****loads of that in college and could study like a mofo on it
  30. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

Acute focus and activation of the reticular system is quite different from enhancing cholinergic transmission and memory formation
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Acute focus and activation of the reticular system is quite different from enhancing cholinergic transmission and memory formation
    ok, I googled that **** you just said and I think I understand it. Thanks
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  70 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mondata
    Ginkgo and bacopa work best for mental clarity
  33. Banned

ok, I googled that **** you just said and I think I understand it. Thanks
    hahahaha! I was gonna suggest a "mr cooper translation app" for this board....you plug in what he posts, then it gives you a lay-mans terms result. this reminds me of sanford and son, when fred would ask the black police officer to translate what the white police officer said LOL... I am the resident translator of gibberish posting in the anabolic section...but this scientific mumbo jumbo translation is way out of my league
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

I think EC is still the real deal. Throw in some ALCAR or Focus XT and its a mean study stack.
  35. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

^^

Yellow jackets and dymetadrine extreme circa 2001.......

UNreal......

-Matt
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Im kinda in the ADD club and Aniracetam was way better for me than piracetam. Ani helped me focus in lower doses, sedated me at higher. Piracetam...helped a bit at first, then made my thoughts race even faster. Ashwagahnda is the shiz, especially for evening hours when you need to unwind. ALCAR is very hit or miss for me, though ALCAR-arginate is treating me very well.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Im kinda in the ADD club and Aniracetam was way better for me than piracetam. Ani helped me focus in lower doses, sedated me at higher. Piracetam...helped a bit at first, then made my thoughts race even faster. Ashwagahnda is the shiz, especially for evening hours when you need to unwind. ALCAR is very hit or miss for me, though ALCAR-arginate is treating me very well.
    Can you elaborate on the Ashwagahnda? Does it have a calming effect like Kava or Phenibut...or is it more like an adaptogen?

Thanks in advance.
  38. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Well that is a problem of mine..ADD since i was a kid...I have found just supplementing with Taurine has helped to be honest,alonf with DAA,Carnitine Fumerate and Erase...Just a good sense of well being.I feel sharper and more focused.Especially at work.

I was just thinking about all this about a week ago
  39. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Well that is a problem of mine..ADD since i was a kid...I have found just supplementing with Taurine has helped to be honest,alonf with DAA,Carnitine Fumerate and Erase...Just a good sense of well being.I feel sharper and more focused.Especially at work.

I was just thinking about all this about a week ago
    Thank the DAA
  40. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Thank the DAA
    Ive read Taurine as well can help with stimulating the mind with focus and clarity.
    In what way does DAA help? Why would i contribute my statement rto only the DAA?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 11:46 PM
  2. supplements to increase melanocytes
    By Shavani in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 02:58 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 09:13 AM
  4. Supplements to increase platelet count
    By freqfly in forum Supplements