what supps on active recovery days?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

what supps on active recovery days?

had a larger question here: HI-FREQ. BODYWEIGHT TRAINING & SUPPS ON OFF DAYS with what i currently take on training days, but i want this question to just focus on what i should take on my active recovery/non-training days (besides adequate rest, food, stretching, and foam rolling)
    thanks everyone

2. Registered User
    Answers

The ability of certain ingredients to reduce soreness and improve recovery is usually exercise-dependent. There's really nothing you can take at rest that will improve recovery besides sufficient carbs and protein. Cissus quadrangularis and joint force may both reduce soreness through analgesia.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

FOOD
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  265 lbs.
    Answers

The best is rest. But what kind of soreness are you getting if it's joint soreness then rest for sure. If its just muscle soreness not a whole lot you can do besides stretch and naps!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The ability of certain ingredients to reduce soreness and improve recovery is usually exercise-dependent. There's really nothing you can take at rest that will improve recovery besides sufficient carbs and protein. Cissus quadrangularis and joint force may both reduce soreness through analgesia.
    x2

I don't take any supps minus my regular Cissus XT on active recovery days. Typically just pool plyometrics, lots of dynamic stretching, and pvc rolling + food.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I find Formula-X + other BCAA's through the day is great for recovery, really good diet and rest.

Cissus and Fish Oils is a nice combo as well.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    x2

I don't take any supps minus my regular Cissus XT on active recovery days. Typically just pool plyometrics, lots of dynamic stretching, and pvc rolling + food.
    how much cissus are we talking about here?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    I find Formula-X + other BCAA's through the day is great for recovery, really good diet and rest.

Cissus and Fish Oils is a nice combo as well.
    what version of Formula X? would taking extra doses of leucine throughout the day work just as well? again, what dose of cissus are we talking about and does cissus need to be cycled? thx
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

i heard cissus rx/xt can be anabolic/myotropic at high enough doses? is this what you are talking about as far as recovery goes? i was looking at uspowders on nutraplanet and they are selling a bunch of bulk powders, cissus being one of them... oh wait you are an sns guy, probably shouldn't ask you about those huh? anyway what are the sns equivalencies of those bulk powders?
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsohei View Post
    i heard cissus rx/xt can be anabolic/myotropic at high enough doses? is this what you are talking about as far as recovery goes? i was looking at uspowders on nutraplanet and they are selling a bunch of bulk powders, cissus being one of them... oh wait you are an sns guy, probably shouldn't ask you about those huh? anyway what are the sns equivalencies of those bulk powders?
    It is anabolic in skeletal tissue, not skeletal muscle. Myotropic....maybe, by virtue of glucocorticoid antagonism.

And LOL at thinking me repping for SNS confounds my judgment. Supercissus is a great product, but it is unstandardized, whereas SNS is a 5% ketosterone extract (anecdotally the best for joints, or so I've heard). This doesn't mean that supercissus doesn't work, simply that I do not know the natural preponderance of ketosterones in cissus quadrangularis, since it is the raw plant rather than an extract
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

what version of Formula X? would taking extra doses of leucine throughout the day work just as well? again, what dose of cissus are we talking about and does cissus need to be cycled? thx

Formula-X from Athletix, 3g of DAA, 2g of LCLT, 700mg of NAT and 5g of BCAA's(8:1:1 Ratio). I find the DAA, LCLT + BCAA's are much better then L-Leucine throughout the day, I tried high dosing of L-Leucine, I prefer high dosing of BCAA's along with my Formula-X.

I use 40% Cissus at 2g a day. I really liked SuperCissus RX too, I'd normally dose 2 caps, 3 times a day for best effects.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  12. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

how much cissus are we talking about here?
    3grams

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    3grams
    This, 3g post-wo every day. Elbow and knees are much improved since I started.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

It is anabolic in skeletal tissue, not skeletal muscle. Myotropic....maybe, by virtue of glucocorticoid antagonism.

And LOL at thinking me repping for SNS confounds my judgment. Supercissus is a great product, but it is unstandardized, whereas SNS is a 5% ketosterone extract (anecdotally the best for joints, or so I've heard). This doesn't mean that supercissus doesn't work, simply that I do not know the natural preponderance of ketosterones in cissus quadrangularis, since it is the raw plant rather than an extract
    thanks, didnt know board etiquette on reps commenting on non-rep products.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Formula-X from Athletix, 3g of DAA, 2g of LCLT, 700mg of NAT and 5g of BCAA's(8:1:1 Ratio). I find the DAA, LCLT + BCAA's are much better then L-Leucine throughout the day, I tried high dosing of L-Leucine, I prefer high dosing of BCAA's along with my Formula-X.

I use 40% Cissus at 2g a day. I really liked SuperCissus RX too, I'd normally dose 2 caps, 3 times a day for best effects.
    is NAT n acetyl tyrosine? how many times a day do you drink/sip that mixture on a typical non-training day?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

is NAT n acetyl tyrosine? how many times a day do you drink/sip that mixture on a typical non-training day?
    Yes and I normally take at least 1 scoop in the morning, sometimes I do like to use 2 scoops a day, but not everyone likes runnings DAA at 6g a day.

17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Yes and I normally take at least 1 scoop in the morning, sometimes I do like to use 2 scoops a day, but not everyone likes runnings DAA at 6g a day.
    oh i see, all that is inside formula-x... so you take that 2x a day on non training days and you feel it helps recover you better?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Answers

I don't take anything on off days other than staples: multi, fish oil, protein.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

oh i see, all that is inside formula-x... so you take that 2x a day on non training days and you feel it helps recover you better?
    Even just at 1 scoop a day I see a big difference in recovery, 2 scoops is just a bonus, but then you would need 2 tubs for a 30 day run, I'd stick with 1 scoop a day, you will enjoy both the test boosting and recovery effects.

20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

had a larger question here: HI-FREQ. BODYWEIGHT TRAINING & SUPPS ON OFF DAYS with what i currently take on training days, but i want this question to just focus on what i should take on my active recovery/non-training days (besides adequate rest, food, stretching, and foam rolling)
    thanks everyone

just make sure you stick to your diet, get rest. as far as supplements, continue the staple supps
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 12:40 PM
  2. What do you all eat on no carb days???
    By Turk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 02:52 PM
  3. Supps on off days of pulsing?
    By NAS in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 12:44 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 08:51 PM