Fat Burners on a Bulk.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anyone ever considered using fat burners on their bulks to keep fat gain at a minimum? As a general rule I keep my supps to a minimum and have never used a fat burner (I'm too skinny to need it) but I wonder if there would be any benefits to using it during an all out bulk to help keep fat gain to a minimum.

I would guess that dosing would be significantly lowered from what would be used in a cut but have never known anyone who has tried anything like that.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Has anyone ever considered using fat burners on their bulks to keep fat gain at a minimum? As a general rule I keep my supps to a minimum and have never used a fat burner (I'm too skinny to need it) but I wonder if there would be any benefits to using it during an all out bulk to help keep fat gain to a minimum.

I would guess that dosing would be significantly lowered from what would be used in a cut but have never known anyone who has tried anything like that.
You must be new around here, Welcome to AM...Fat Burners have no impact on Bulks at all. Fat gain is determined by your net calories of the day, if the surplus is too big then you will store it as fat gains.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
OP,Celorza couldnt put it any better^^

although i differ a bit in the sense of asking....
_what kind of bulk?

you keeping it a clean bulk or just a mix of clean and dirty.

While you bulk,your body will store extra of what it cant and is not using as fat.

I do believe a fat burner may help aid minimal fat gains if you keep a clean bulk.

But really when bulking expect fat.you are bulking for a reason,lol

if you ware worried about fat,then dont bulk.

thats one thing that annoys me,i wanna get bigger but want no fat,well then go a diff route then the all natural way.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
OP,Celorza couldnt put it any better^^

although i differ a bit in the sense of asking....
_what kind of bulk?

you keeping it a clean bulk or just a mix of clean and dirty.

While you bulk,your body will store extra of what it cant and is not using as fat.

I do believe a fat burner may help aid minimal fat gains if you keep a clean bulk.

But really when bulking expect fat.you are bulking for a reason,lol

if you ware worried about fat,then dont bulk.

thats one thing that annoys me,i wanna get bigger but want no fat,well then go a diff route then the all natural way.
I agree, if it is a Lean Bulk the goal might be to diminish fat gains. For that GDAs and AMPK signaling supplements can indeed help prevent Adipogenesis and Lipogenesis , yet I don't really think it would be much.

Supplements that help in this are: PLCAR, Na-R-Ala, ALCAR, TTA , Raspberry Ketones, and to my understanding Chlorogenic Acid can help in this too. Albeit for a Lean Bulk you would be looking at a smaller surplus and proper macro-nutrient arrangement, it is really hard to really be able to estimate your proper surplus for them since TDEE varies when gaining weight and according to the workout schedule. But the aforementioned can help a lot in that department (preventing fat gain with a small surplus).

To me honestly ECA stack is a year round (almost) staple...Mostly now because of the water-retention-prevention and cognitive effects it gives me, but it can also help in this matter too paired up with the rest of the supps mentioned here.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Great post.^^

yes,ofcourse calories will not be as high.But as soon as you bulk calories go up..

lets say replace all chicken and fish with steaks and burgers and roastbeef.

add in more noodles and potatos and bread in replace for your seewt potatos and oats.Not saying to disregard sweet potatos and oats,just want to clear that up.

up fatsin stead of a grilled chikcen and veggies as a snack have pb and banana on a ww bagel.

so you can still get your macros in if you play it right..some ppl are hard gainers and seriously need 4000 cal or more a day,me i can cut well on 2 and have no prob gaining on 3-3,5....but like you said before thats more broscience and what works for me.From a scientific stand point i couldnt agree more with you.

im kind of use to stating what works for me. And due to you i Alcar is a staple in my diet.i just ordered 2 bottles of ALCAR by SNS about 3 days ago. looking into green tea soon along with RK.

as for na-r-,i just started reading about last week..allmax has it and its very affordable. As for caffeine,im not really suppose to have it,so im deciding on buying some caffeine pills,i know its a staple.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Great post.^^

yes,ofcourse calories will not be as high.But as soon as you bulk calories go up..

lets say replace all chicken and fish with steaks and burgers and roastbeef.

add in more noodles and potatos and bread in replace for your seewt potatos and oats.Not saying to disregard sweet potatos and oats,just want to clear that up.

up fatsin stead of a grilled chikcen and veggies as a snack have pb and banana on a ww bagel.

so you can still get your macros in if you play it right..some ppl are hard gainers and seriously need 4000 cal or more a day,me i can cut well on 2 and have no prob gaining on 3-3,5....but like you said before thats more broscience and what works for me.From a scientific stand point i couldnt agree more with you.

im kind of use to stating what works for me. And due to you i Alcar is a staple in my diet.i just ordered 2 bottles of ALCAR by SNS about 3 days ago. looking into green tea soon along with RK.

as for na-r-,i just started reading about last week..allmax has it and its very affordable. As for caffeine,im not really suppose to have it,so im deciding on buying some caffeine pills,i know its a staple.
Yeah I get what you mean, we gotta do what works for our bodies, and that's the point of training naturally for a good while. In the end what works for some might not work for everyone, but at least some basic guidelines can help as a startpoint for people to go from there and get to their goals adjusting the diet/supps as needed.

Glad to know I could help, ALCAR is a godsend for me lol one day try dosing 2g before going out drinking and enjoy...You won't suffer as harsh effects from the hang over as usual.

Na-R-Ala is best (according to Coop and some readings I did) if it is Geronova Licensed , the Nutraplanet bulk one actually is and it is pretty cheap, comes with a scoop and all. RK and Green tea have many other benefits besides fat burning or adipogenesis prevention, good antioxidants and perfect general health supplements iMO. Hope you enjoy them!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol I'm in a permanent lean bulk.

It was not something I planned to try it was really just a thought that popped into my head during this car ride.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish I could gain at 3. I'm at 3600 a day now and will roll with that for a few weeks before probably upping Cals again. Its all this stupid running on top of my own workouts.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Yeah I get what you mean, we gotta do what works for our bodies, and that's the point of training naturally for a good while. In the end what works for some might not work for everyone, but at least some basic guidelines can help as a startpoint for people to go from there and get to their goals adjusting the diet/supps as needed.

Glad to know I could help, ALCAR is a godsend for me lol one day try dosing 2g before going out drinking and enjoy...You won't suffer as harsh effects from the hang over as usual.

Na-R-Ala is best (according to Coop and some readings I did) if it is Geronova Licensed , the Nutraplanet bulk one actually is and it is pretty cheap, comes with a scoop and all. RK and Green tea have many other benefits besides fat burning or adipogenesis prevention, good antioxidants and perfect general health supplements iMO. Hope you enjoy them!
lol thnx bud an yeah,i will reccomend the alcar pre drunkness to my girl..i drink maybe 1 time a month =),really,lol

imma look into NP R-ala now.

thankx again.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
I've tried using a fat burner during a bulk cause I was doing IF.

Wanted it for the appetite suppression during my fasted state. But the suppression worked to well that I couldn't eat all my calories

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm going to disagree quite a bit with the former posts here. Some fat burners are actually preferred on a bulking routine. For instance, Reduce XT prevents cortisol spikes, which helps prevent adipocyte differentiation and adipogenesis. And during which phase of one's diet do the latter two processes occur with the highest predominance? Bulking.

The same can be said for forskolin, TTA, raspberry ketones, and even EC (beta agonists are plenty useful regardless of energetic state). These products create an unfavorable state for fat storage, and many are tested in individuals fed a high-fat/high-calorie diet.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to disagree quite a bit with the former posts here. Some fat burners are actually preferred on a bulking routine. For instance, Reduce XT prevents cortisol spikes, which helps prevent adipocyte differentiation and adipogenesis. And during which phase of one's diet do the latter two processes occur with the highest predominance? Bulking.

The same can be said for forskolin, TTA, raspberry ketones, and even EC (beta agonists are plenty useful regardless of energetic state). These products create an unfavorable state for fat storage, and many are tested in individuals fed a high-fat/high-calorie diet.
Going to piggy back off this. I actually prefer to run most of the things listed there on a caloric surplus. TTA and Forskolin are the most common ones for me, with the occasional cortisol control product. I feel that things that help control body fat gain on a bulk are very beneficial. Keep in mind this doesn't mean you can eat like crap and not get fat (in fact you will most likely gain fat regardless, but these should help slow the accumulation IME). Keep in mind this typically for me means the non-stim fat burners as I think most stim products are garbage for actual fat loss, but there are a select few that might be helpful. This in general comes from my typical approach to bulking and cutting but that is probably off topic.

As far as actual product recommendations I have used with success:
Lean Extreme or Reduce XT are solid as well.
SNS TTA if you can find some (Nutra has a killer deal ATM).

and while not necessarily what people would consider a fat burner these next two should help with your intended goal as well:
Anabeta Elite (contains cortisol control and forskolin)
ArA (X-gels or X-factor)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. That was kind of my thought process, just without all the experience and science. I have AB and ABE and really like them and have not had much trouble as far as fat goes, really my problem is weight gain in any fashion. So I'm just working on diet for now but its never too early to learn something new.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established

To what extent can cortisol release be slowed/reduced?

David
Team APPNUT

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

WAit...I did say they were useful on a lean bulk oO never said they weren't. Even mentioned the aforementioned by you coopy, just didn't mention Reduce-XT as it didn't come to mind at all haha but yeah cortisol control is great on a bulk. I guess I mean to point out to James (on my first post) that stuff that were not like the aforementioned ingredients would not work...like usual fat burners from the industry unlike the products mentioned.

Yet I still don't think a fat burner can do much on a dirty bulk when the caloric surplus is huge...or can they work as literally burning far when stuffing your face with even loads of dirty cals coop?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
To what extent can cortisol release be slowed/reduced?

David
Team APPNUT
Spikes can be controlled, which would theoretically result in a favorable shift of net anabolism of muscle tissue (anabolism minus catabolism). This has been shown in dieting individuals using the active in Reduce XT, in which weight lost was not significantly different between groups, but percent of weight lost as fat versus muscle mass was​ different.

WAit...I did say they were useful on a lean bulk oO never said they weren't. Even mentioned the aforementioned by you coopy, just didn't mention Reduce-XT as it didn't come to mind at all haha but yeah cortisol control is great on a bulk. I guess I mean to point out to James (on my first post) that stuff that were not like the aforementioned ingredients would not work...like usual fat burners from the industry unlike the products mentioned.

Yet I still don't think a fat burner can do much on a dirty bulk when the caloric surplus is huge...or can they work as literally burning far when stuffing your face with even loads of dirty cals coop?
Why do you think my comment was targeting you, lol. I was speaking for the purposes of education, not criticizing a post that I barely glossed over.

There's no such thing as dirty calories. Plenty of fat burners have been studied in rats fed an absurdly high fat/high calorie diet, and they do effectively reduce the damage. Most MOAs are irrespective of caloric state when it comes to stim-free fatburners that aren't affecting the thyroid.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards

On a dirty bulk a fat burner wont like i said before,but a clean bulk,it can help big time...

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Spikes can be controlled, which would theoretically result in a favorable shift of net anabolism of muscle tissue (anabolism minus catabolism). This has been shown in dieting individuals using the active in Reduce XT, in which weight lost was not significantly different between groups, but percent of weight lost as fat versus muscle mass was different.

Why do you think my comment was targeting you, lol. I was speaking for the purposes of education, not criticizing a post that I barely glossed over.

There's no such thing as dirty calories. Plenty of fat burners have been studied in rats fed an absurdly high fat/high calorie diet, and they do effectively reduce the damage. Most MOAs are irrespective of caloric state when it comes to stim-free fatburners that aren't affecting the thyroid.
No such thing as dirty calories..really?? Ok!

I have bulked before with clean and dirty calories and the outcome waa good but not,in a sense.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
On a dirty bulk a fat burner wont like i said before,but a clean bulk,it can help big time...
Think again. Raspberry ketones:

[h=1]Anti-obese action of raspberry ketone.[/h]Morimoto C, Satoh Y, Hara M, Inoue S, Tsujita T, Okuda H.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Medical Biochemistry, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shigenobu-cho, Onsen-gun, Ehime 791-0295, Japan. [email protected]

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Raspberry ketone (4-(4-hydroxyphenyl) butan-2-one; RK) is a major aromatic compound of red raspberry (Rubus idaeus). The structure of RK is similar to the structures of capsaicin and synephrine, compounds known to exert anti-obese actions and alter the lipid metabolism. The present study was performed to clarify whether RK helps prevent obesity and activate lipid metabolism in rodents. To test the effect on obesity, our group designed the following in vivo experiments: 1) mice were fed a high-fat diet including 0.5, 1, or 2% of RK for 10 weeks; 2) mice were given a high-fat diet for 6 weeks and subsequently fed the same high-fat diet containing 1% RK for the next 5 weeks. RK prevented the high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight and the weights of the liver and visceral adipose tissues (epididymal, retroperitoneal, and mesenteric). RK also decreased these weights and hepatic triacylglycerol content after they had been increased by a high-fat diet. RK significantly increased norepinephrine-induced lipolysis associated with the translocation of hormone-sensitive lipase from the cytosol to lipid droplets in rat epididymal fat cells. In conclusion, RK prevents and improves obesity and fatty liver. These effects appear to stem from the action of RK in altering the lipid metabolism, or more specifically, in increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis in white adipocytes.

Olive leaf extract:

[h=1]Olive leaf extract attenuates cardiac, hepatic, and metabolic changes in high carbohydrate-, high fat-fed rats.[/h]Poudyal H, Campbell F, Brown L.
[h=3]Source[/h]School of Biomedical Sciences; 5School of Veterinary Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, 4072, Australia.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Olive oil, an important component of the Mediterranean diet, produces cardioprotective effects, probably due to both oleic acid and the polyphenols such as oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol. Our aim in this study was to assess whether a polyphenol-enriched extract from the leaves of Olea europaea L. with oleuropein as the major component attenuated the cardiovascular, hepatic, and metabolic signs of a high-carbohydrate, high-fat (HCHF) diet (carbohydrate, 52%; fat, 24%, 25% fructose in drinking water) in rats. Male Wistar rats were fed either a cornstarch diet (CS) or a HCHF diet for a total of 16 wk. Diets of the treatment groups [CS+olive leaf extract (OLE) and HCHF+OLE] were supplemented with 3% OLE after 8 wk of being fed their respective CS or HCHF diets for a further 8 wk. After 16 wk, HCHF rats developed signs of metabolic syndrome, including elevated abdominal and hepatic fat deposition, collagen deposition in heart and liver, cardiac stiffness, and oxidative stress markers (plasma malondialdehyde and uric acid concentrations), with diminished aortic ring reactivity, abnormal plasma lipid profile, impaired glucose tolerance, and hypertension. Compared with HCHF rats, those in the HCHF+OLE group had improved or normalized cardiovascular, hepatic, and metabolic signs with the exception of elevated blood pressure. These results strongly suggest that an OLE containing polyphenols such as oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol reverses the chronic inflammation and oxidative stress that induces the cardiovascular, hepatic, and metabolic symptoms in this rat model of diet-induced obesity and diabetes without changing blood pressure.

And the list goes on.

This action isn't specifically referred to as lipolytic, but rather anti-obesogenic.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
How effective will that be if your eating 5000 cals a day and alot of it is ****..i believe while science is great,its not always perfect

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
How effective will that be if your eating 5000 cals a day and alot of it is ****..i believe while science is great,its not always perfect
In theory, the worse your diet is, the higher the absolute contribution (proportionally, it may be equivalent) of a fat burner to minimizing weight gain. I'm not saying you won't get fat. Read between the lines of the above post, and take not of anti-obesogenic activity.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In theory, the worse your diet is, the higher the absolute contribution (proportionally, it may be equivalent) of a fat burner to minimizing weight gain. I'm not saying you won't get fat. Read between the lines of the above post, and take not of anti-obesogenic activity.
So using sosomething like reduce XT + RK could benefit someone who is looking to gain weight while minimizing fat gain?

Also now I wonder if the effect would be noticeable compared to the same bulk without those things?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So using sosomething like reduce XT + RK could benefit someone who is looking to gain weight while minimizing fat gain?

Also now I wonder if the effect would be noticeable compared to the same bulk without those things?
Yes, and it may possibly increase net muscle accrual by increasing net muscle anabolism.

An equivalent bulk would likely have you gaining the same amount of weight with more of it being partitioned to fat mass.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Yes, and it may possibly increase net muscle accrual by increasing net muscle anabolism.

An equivalent bulk would likely have you gaining the same amount of weight with more of it being partitioned to fat mass.
Ok,so all this above is scientific proof which you state,thats great.

Have you gone through this personally.? More than once or twice?

Like i said before,science sounds great..But im also a firm believer that expierience is what counts.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok,so all this above is scientific proof which you state,thats great.

Have you gone through this personally.? More than once or twice?

Like i said before,science sounds great..But im also a firm believer that expierience is what counts.
Yes, I have used Reduce XT during bulking on several occasions.

I hope you realize that science is experience-based. It takes subjects and puts them through "the experience" while minimizing confounding variables. It is thus more accurate from a "true effects vs placebo" perspective and less accurate in that the subjects are never perfect representations of you as an individual. However, given sample sizes, examination of underlying mechanisms, placebo control, and blinding, it is infinitely more valuable than the anecdotal experiences of one man using something.

uvawahoowa

Awards

Currently on a lean bulk and taking oxyECA black and hyper t2, they are to be making a noticeable difference keeping me leaner while getting stronger and in caloric surplus

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally take them to help lower fat gain on a bulk and I wash my food so my diet is never "dirty". ;)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
personally? I think cardio on a bulk = retarded, and (MOST) "fat burning" supps on a bulk = waste of money. If you are doing cardio on your bulk? I suggest simply eating less....as in eating enough to gain but not so much that you add noticeable amounts of fat. Not so simple to get your exact maintenance and/or exact amount of calories needed per day for 8 weeks in order to gain ONLY muscle...but you can get a ball park figure if you know your body and monitor your daily caloric/macro intake. As far as fat burning supps on a bulk? If i spend all this money on something that will burn more calories, so that I gain only 4.2 lbs of fat instead of 5 lbs of fat...I say that equates to a waste of money. Just eat less. now something like a GDA? or anabeta? something that targets carbohydrate calories? THAT can be of use on a bulk, yes. "partitioning" nutrients :)D) is money well spent. but cardio? or conventional metabolism raising "fat burners"? like I said, watch what you eat and cut back a few hundred or so calories a day instead....save yourself the money you'd be out buying all these fat burners and additionally the save the money you would spend on that extra few hundred calories that is making you fat.....double whammy....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
personally? I think cardio on a bulk = retarded, and (MOST) "fat burning" supps on a bulk = waste of money. If you are doing cardio on your bulk? I suggest simply eating less....as in eating enough to gain but not so much that you add noticeable amounts of fat. Not so simple to get your exact maintenance and/or exact amount of calories needed per day for 8 weeks in order to gain ONLY muscle...but you can get a ball park figure if you know your body and monitor your daily caloric/macro intake. As far as fat burning supps on a bulk? If i spend all this money on something that will burn more calories, so that I gain only 4.2 lbs of fat instead of 5 lbs of fat...I say that equates to a waste of money. Just eat less. now something like a GDA? or anabeta? something that targets carbohydrate calories? THAT can be of use on a bulk, yes. "partitioning" nutrients :)D) is money well spent. but cardio? or conventional metabolism raising "fat burners"? like I said, watch what you eat and cut back a few hundred or so calories a day instead....save yourself the money you'd be out buying all these fat burners and additionally the save the money you would spend on that extra few hundred calories that is making you fat.....double whammy....
Cardio for caloric burn is indeed a waste on a bulk. Cardio for muscular endurance/type II fiber recruitment (HIIT) or simply cardio to boost cardiovascular function with intent of translating into improved breathing while weightlifting (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts) can be beneficial. Again, re-read my posts on the previous page. Supplements that affect the thyroid or induce caloric burn are a waste on a bulk, but those that act through anti-obesogenic mechanisms (i.e. raspberry ketones, TTA, 7-keto) may be beneficial.

In fact, the aforementioned compounds are what truly partition calories to muscle vs adipose. GDAs are generally non-discriminatory and are simply worthwhile as overall health aids.

I know you said "most" fat burners, and this post isn't intended to be critical, so don't take it that way :). Just more info because I'm stimmed up and ambitious today

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Cardio for caloric burn is indeed a waste on a bulk. Cardio for muscular endurance/type II fiber recruitment (HIIT) or simply cardio to boost cardiovascular function with intent of translating into improved breathing while weightlifting (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts) can be beneficial. Again, re-read my posts on the previous page. Supplements that affect the thyroid or induce caloric burn are a waste on a bulk, but those that act through anti-obesogenic mechanisms (i.e. raspberry ketones, TTA, 7-keto) may be beneficial.

In fact, the aforementioned compounds are what truly partition calories to muscle vs adipose. GDAs are generally non-discriminatory and are simply worthwhile as overall health aids.

I know you said "most" fat burners, and this post isn't intended to be critical, so don't take it that way :). Just more info because I'm stimmed up and ambitious today
yeah I wasn't commenting on anybody in particular's post.....just giving my .02 cents. we agree that supps that raise metabolic rate and cardio are a waste....but as for the GDAs and anabeta, I am fairly certain they would positively influence how the carbs/calories are utilized on a bulk. You are saying no? I got 2 OG anabeta and 2 recompadrols sitting here as my security blanket against gaining too much fat on my lean bulk :D... As for me though, I'm doing lean bulk only from here on out....no all out bulks anymore. If my maintenance is 2K? I'll do 2700 max on a lean bulk....give enough to gain 5-6 lbs of muscle (and maybe a little fat) in an 8 week period. And I'm gonna do isocaloric this time, always worked well for me in the past, equal amounts (900 cals) of fat/protein/carbs.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol I do cardio every morning, and I'm "bulking". Am I doing it wrong?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
In my opinion, you should just eat less. If you want to eat more? or eat more dirty? then by all means, taking that extra time out of your day to do cardio is worth it (for you). I prefer to eat less on a bulk vrs doing cardio, and for that matter I eat "less than less" on a cut and do high rep sets with weights (18-25 reps) to raise heart rate instead of cardio. This is just my way of doing things, I have never been a fan of cardio.....I'd rather manipulate my diet and/or weight training instead to get the results....

uvawahoowa

Awards
Overkill IMO. That is if bulking is your #1 goal. If cardiovascular health is your main priority then youre good

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Overkill IMO. That is if bulking is your #1 goal. If cardiovascular health is your main priority then youre good
its just inherently counterproductive to bulking in my eyes. they both equal opposite things. your diet and training is looking to gain weight, while your cardio is looking to lose weight. Doesn't seem like they are any sort of match. but I guess I understand from the standpoint of eating more (than you should) while bulking, or eating dirtier, and mitigating that by burning "excess" calories (not sure excess calories can even apply to bulking?)....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
yeah I wasn't commenting on anybody in particular's post.....just giving my .02 cents. we agree that supps that raise metabolic rate and cardio are a waste....but as for the GDAs and anabeta, I am fairly certain they would positively influence how the carbs/calories are utilized on a bulk. You are saying no? I got 2 OG anabeta and 2 recompadrols sitting here as my security blanket against gaining too much fat on my lean bulk :D... As for me though, I'm doing lean bulk only from here on out....no all out bulks anymore. If my maintenance is 2K? I'll do 2700 max on a lean bulk....give enough to gain 5-6 lbs of muscle (and maybe a little fat) in an 8 week period. And I'm gonna do isocaloric this time, always worked well for me in the past, equal amounts (900 cals) of fat/protein/carbs.
Recompadrol prevents fat accrual through its action on various pathways and its effects in the intestines, none of which are a function of its GDA properties. Anabeta, if it is a GDA, will likely be non-discriminatory to muscle vs adipose tissue, as with 99% of all other GDAs. I definitely like the fact that you balance out your diet though. Too many people here cut out necessary components in the diet when mom had it right all along...for health and body composition, balance is key

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
but like (I think) mr. cooper said earlier....there are no dirty calories...its all just macronutrients in and out....are carbs dirty? are fats dirty? why are nachos or white bread dirty? because they are not protein? why is chicken clean? or is it simply because they can cause fat gain in excess? well anything can do that, mcdonalds or not.... then I suppose don't eat them in excess and then they are not dirty! :D You're caloric intake that particular day is what dictates if the calories are "dirty", not necessarily if its mcdonalds or if its steamed chicken and broccoli.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Recompadrol prevents fat accrual through its action on various pathways and its effects in the intestines, none of which are a function of its GDA properties. Anabeta, if it is a GDA, will likely be non-discriminatory to muscle vs adipose tissue, as with 99% of all other GDAs. I definitely like the fact that you balance out your diet though. Too many people here cut out necessary components in the diet when mom had it right all along...for health and body composition, balance is key
maybe its because I seem to have some diabetic issues possibly turning up....my fasting glucose (I'm a low carber at the moment BTW) after 12 hours was 105...which worries me. I have to address that AFTER this TRT thing gets settled (as in how much I need to take in order to get to the # I want to be at for testosterone). I figure people like me may benefit greatly from using GDA's (when we increase carbs). But I'm not 100% sure on that of course. You think yea or nay?

uvawahoowa

Awards
its just inherently counterproductive to bulking in my eyes. they both equal opposite things. your diet and training is looking to gain weight, while your cardio is looking to lose weight. Doesn't seem like they are any sort of match. but I guess I understand from the standpoint of eating more (than you should) while bulking, or eating dirtier, and mitigating that by burning "excess" calories (not sure excess calories can even apply to bulking?)....
Cardio lowers myostatin levels and improves the pathways by which you recover between sets while lifting. Not to mention improving cardiovascular health. I don't feel like it compromises that much during a lean bulk if you do it 2-3 times per week at most and are eating & resting properly

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
maybe its because I seem to have some diabetic issues possibly turning up....my fasting glucose (I'm a low carber at the moment BTW) after 12 hours was 105...which worries me. I have to address that AFTER this TRT thing gets settled (as in how much I need to take in order to get to the # I want to be at for testosterone). I figure people like me may benefit greatly from using GDA's (when we increase carbs). But I'm not 100% sure on that of course. You think yea or nay?
I think GDAs are a great idea for diabetics. Again, health-wise, not for body composition

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
but like (I think) mr. cooper said earlier....there are no dirty calories...its all just macronutrients in and out....are carbs dirty? are fats dirty? why are nachos or white bread dirty? because they are not protein? why is chicken clean? or is it simply because they can cause fat gain in excess? well anything can do that, mcdonalds or not.... then I suppose don't eat them in excess and then they are not dirty! :D You're caloric intake that particular day is what dictates if the calories are "dirty", not necessarily if its mcdonalds or if its steamed chicken and broccoli.
My take on this is:

See thing is, if a person if eating a meal McDonalds then you figure that could be an easy 700 calories, not add in breakfast & dinner too. That's 3 meals with out "snacks". The problem I see with this is the diet could be lopsided & by that I mean more carbs & fat than protein. You figure people are not eating chicken, & veggies or fruits. They are eating processed products. The meat could have 30g of protein so if you eat that 3 times a day your at 90g. The fries 3 times a day & 3 sodas & the bread would put you at about 300+ grams of carbs a day & fat would be up there too, maybe you would hit that target. :lol: Whole point is it would'nt be a balance.

When people tend to cut out process & junk food, they can feel those areas in with protein sources, but it's usually the other way around filled in with carb sources & that also allows for "more" calories.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
My take on this is:

See thing is, if a person if eating a meal McDonalds then you figure that could be an easy 700 calories, not add in breakfast & dinner too. That's 3 meals with out "snacks". The problem I see with this is the diet could be lopsided & by that I mean more carbs & fat than protein. You figure people are not eating chicken, & veggies or fruits. They are eating processed products. The meat could have 30g of protein so if you eat that 3 times a day your at 90g. The fries 3 times a day & 3 sodas & the bread would put you at about 300+ grams of carbs a day & fat would be up there too, maybe you would hit that target. :lol: Whole point is it would'nt be a balance.

When people tend to cut out process & junk food, they can feel those areas in with protein sources, but it's usually the other way around filled in with carb sources & that also allows for "more" calories.
I usually *qualify this statement with "provided you get your BW+ in protein each day"....THEN your caloric ceiling for the day comes into play. Do you want to eat mcdonalds once or twice with several protein shakes? or do you want to eat smaller and cleaner 4-5 times,maybe with NO protein shakes needed? or eat mcdonalds once and clean the other 3 times plus a protein shake or two? So long as you A) get your protein and B) don't go over your caloric goal for the day, you will be fine. what carbs and fats you eat really don't matter....mcdonalds buns, or drinking oil or whatever you want to do :D so yeah, correct....the protein is a factor in this "equation".....carbs and fats not so much, since they are just filling in the remaining macro's for the day. That being said, for your health, you shouldn't eat so many trans-fats and harmful things like that.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Met-Rx did this when they first came out....they said "drink 3-4 of our Met-Rx packets per day and then eat whatever you want the rest of the day to equal your XXXX calorie max". 3-4 packets had 120-160 grams of protein :D so its not hard to get another 50 grams of protein (for the average 170-200 lb male) from your remaining food for the day. I think those packets were about 250-300 cals each? so that leaves you with a decent amount (about half) of your daily intake to do what you want with.

edit: 240 cals with 38 grams of protein per packet to be exact...I got a few packets from the early to mid 00's here in the cupboard, yeah WAY out of date LOL......

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I usually *qualify this statement with "provided you get your BW+ in protein each day"....THEN your caloric ceiling for the day comes into play. Do you want to eat mcdonalds once or twice with several protein shakes? or do you want to eat smaller and cleaner 4-5 times,maybe with NO protein shakes needed? or eat mcdonalds once and clean the other 3 times plus a protein shake or two? So long as you A) get your protein and B) don't go over your caloric goal for the day, you will be fine. what carbs and fats you eat really don't matter....mcdonalds buns, or drinking oil or whatever you want to do :D so yeah, correct....the protein is a factor in this "equation".....carbs and fats not so much, since they are just filling in the remaining macro's for the day. That being said, for your health, you shouldn't eat so many trans-fats and harmful things like that.
Right, but how would a person look drinking a protein shake for breakfast & pulling into McDs twice a day? lets use Carnivor protein as an expample about 115 calories & 23g of protein. That's 90g of protein with 4 shakes a day or 2 double scoops & 460 calories.
They roll into McD pre & post work out. They get another 60 of protein from an angus burger x2 (pre & post). Those two burgers are 500 cals each, so now we are at 1400-1500 cals. The fries are (x2) 400 cals each & 50g of carbs. So now your at 1900 cals & probably 250+g of carbs=Not a diet to grow or cut on. :lol:

What ever I guess I see how it could work. People would probably be hungry earlier in the day cause those shakes won't hold some people... But I dunno 4 shakes & 2 fast food meals seems like a shyt diet. Some people get away with it this way though.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Met-Rx did this when they first came out....they said "drink 3-4 of our Met-Rx packets per day and then eat whatever you want the rest of the day to equal your XXXX calorie max". 3-4 packets had 120-160 grams of protein :D so its not hard to get another 50 grams of protein (for the average 170-200 lb male) from your remaining food for the day. I think those packets were about 250-300 cals each? so that leaves you with a decent amount (about half) of your daily intake to do what you want with.

edit: 240 cals with 38 grams of protein per packet to be exact...I got a few packets from the early to mid 00's here in the cupboard, yeah WAY out of date LOL......
Still have that stuff left? They said drink 3 or 4 on the label? :lol:
Did they ever create an updated version?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Still have that stuff left? They said drink 3 or 4 on the label? :lol:
Did they ever create an updated version?
they've been around forever...I assume they still produce it? not sure though. their ads and literature on their site/magazine recommended to take 3-4 a day, then eat what you want to arrive at your calculated daily caloric total. There was a booklet that came with a box of packets, there were 20 per box? i think. first they wanted you to buy a bunch of packets, good business....second they wanted you to take in the correct amount of protein and calories....so that you would be satisfied with your results....and of course BUY MORE packets :D

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Right, but how would a person look drinking a protein shake for breakfast & pulling into McDs twice a day? lets use Carnivor protein as an expample about 115 calories & 23g of protein. That's 90g of protein with 4 shakes a day or 2 double scoops & 460 calories.
They roll into McD pre & post work out. They get another 60 of protein from an angus burger x2 (pre & post). Those two burgers are 500 cals each, so now we are at 1400-1500 cals. The fries are (x2) 400 cals each & 50g of carbs. So now your at 1900 cals & probably 250+g of carbs=Not a diet to grow or cut on. :lol:

What ever I guess I see how it could work. People would probably be hungry earlier in the day cause those shakes won't hold some people... But I dunno 4 shakes & 2 fast food meals seems like a shyt diet. Some people get away with it this way though.
drop the fries and soda, first mistake as a "macro-man" :D......you would drink one 50 gram protein shake, eat one double cheeseburger (wendy's), eat 8 oz chicken with some broccoli steamed, eat some bacon and eggs BAM your already at your protein requirement (~200 grams) and only 1800-2K cals, maybe even room for a "snack" depending on your maintenance/caloric deficit numbers. You want to eat "dirty" once per day, and NOT a combo meal...sandwich only....then eat clean/low-carb the other 2 times, and down a protein shake (or eat clean again for that if you like)...and like I said you probably have room for a 2-400 cal snack too (preferably healthier snack,but not necessarily). just an example day doing it macro style

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
drop the fries and soda, first mistake as a "macro-man" :D......you would drink one 50 gram protein shake, eat one double cheeseburger (wendy's), eat 8 oz chicken with some broccoli steamed, eat some bacon and eggs BAM your already at your protein requirement (~200 grams) and only 1800-2K cals, maybe even room for a "snack" depending on your maintenance/caloric deficit numbers. You want to eat "dirty" once per day, and NOT a combo meal...sandwich only....then eat clean/low-carb the other 2 times, and down a protein shake (or eat clean again for that if you like)...and like I said you probably have room for a 2-400 cal snack too (preferably healthier snack,but not necessarily). just an example day doing it macro style
Tell us how u do it phucka? :D

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Tell us how u do it phucka? :D
thats an example of how I do it some days, breakfast I don't eat (not hungry) hence the 50 grams of egg protein. and I low carb as you know, so I get something with a lot of protein in it (the wendy's double has 800 cals and 50 grams protein), the chicken is like 70 grams protein, bacon and eggs 40-50 grams protein depending on quantity, everything low or no carb and protein packed. If you want carbs? you can surely substitute some of the fat cals for carb cals. up to the individual, just don't go over that caloric limit, and make sure you get your protein. I could make up hundreds of variations of food choices for that protocol....but we all have things we like to eat, so I usually eat similar things... or have alternates for the same thing (like sub beef for chicken, or sub chicken sandwich for double burger etc).

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
thats an example of how I do it some days, breakfast I don't eat (not hungry) hence the 50 grams of egg protein. and I low carb as you know, so I get something with a lot of protein in it (the wendy's double has 800 cals and 50 grams protein), the chicken is like 70 grams protein, bacon and eggs 40-50 grams protein depending on quantity, everything low or no carb and protein packed. If you want carbs? you can surely substitute some of the fat cals for carb cals. up to the individual, just don't go over that caloric limit, and make sure you get your protein. I could make up hundreds of variations of food choices for that protocol....but we all have things we like to eat, so I usually eat similar things... or have alternates for the same thing (like sub beef for chicken, or sub chicken sandwich for double burger etc).
Where would you make that change?
You love Wendys huh? :lol:
Is it a chicken double with 70g of protein?