Are BCAA's really neccesary

krneki

Awards
There are lots of theories around supplementation of additional BCAA's during workout. I was wondering how much difference do they really make in reality? Please keep in mind that I eat 2 hours before workout and drink 40 g of whey just after workout. Most of studies are made in cases where subjects take BCAA's on starvation. Such methods are pretty useless imho.

We could also divide this thread into debate whey vs. BCAA around workout.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
There are lots of theories around supplementation of additional BCAA's during workout. I was wondering how much difference do they really make in reality? Please keep in mind that I eat 2 hours before workout and drink 40 g of whey just after workout. Most of studies are made in cases where subjects take BCAA's on starvation. Such methods are pretty useless imho.

Ive taken bcaas quiet a few times & never noticed anything,but i feel i may be wrong. Im getting into supps at the moment as i wasnt for a long time. Im about to order bcaas myself,Dymatize 2200 bcaas 400 ct and its affordable,Dymatize is a sold company .I will be taking them post workout with my post workout meal.But most likley only on training days though.Dose is 4 pills per,i may take 6.Have to do some searching and see if the doses are high enough at what Dymatize says to take.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is this a question for yourself or are you stating a debate (argument) ?

All supplements are not necessary per say

Bcaa's may be more simple for anyone on the go where a full on meal just can't fit into a schedual.

My experiences so far have been very positive using a blend by Fahrenheit Nutrition, Endurance Bcaa Plus.

I do not have any scientific data to support my claims, all I offer is how the product has allowed me to start working out after a long layoff by significantly reducing the DOM's.

Good topic, hope you get the answer your searching for.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
To be honest only time I've used bcaas is from nutraplanet samples. I feel they worked for me ( I took them pre workout instead of an actual pre workout) I have a tub of bcaas coming in my order since my routine for the next 2 months involves early morning workouts and I'll be taking bcaas before I hit the gym and whey 40gs post workout. But yeah I think bcaas are a good buy but not something you NEED if your diet is in check.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
To be honest only time I've used bcaas is from nutraplanet samples. I feel they worked for me ( I took them pre workout instead of an actual pre workout) I have a tub of bcaas coming in my order since my routine for the next 2 months involves early morning workouts and I'll be taking bcaas before I hit the gym and whey 40gs post workout. But yeah I think bcaas are a good buy but not something you NEED if your diet is in check.
Thats a good point and makes sense..but even if your diet is in check bcaas may still be beneficial.. i know Leucine helps with protwin synthesis along with a starchy carb poat workout,seems good.Bcaas seem for me to be best postworkout..i like taking certIn supps post workout

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm you make a valid point. I used to take wheyology protein and it has leucine in it and that **** my current fave. Just too pricey but back to the point yeah I may re work my **** to get bcaa in post workout

Black Mo

Black Mo

Awards

I was wondering the same thing and through some internet research I discovered an interesting article from 2011 regarding BCAA's totaled CAN A POWER BOOSTER ALSO BE A LONGEVITY BOOSTER? from Life Extension Magazine. Can not upload the article but here is the link viewer.zmags.com/publication/063fc26d#/063fc26d/8 (you will have to copy and paste link - do not have enough posts) It is about 5 pages and starts on Page 76.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Hmmmm you make a valid point. I used to take wheyology protein and it has leucine in it and that **** my current fave. Just too pricey but back to the point yeah I may re work my **** to get bcaa in post workout
This is def an expensive sport bro!!!

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
according to NASM, all you need during a workout would be water with up to 8% simple carbs mixed in like a gatorade to replenish glycogen stores. and that only applies to beyond one hour workouts. the only time bcaas would ever do anything is completely fasted workout for over an hour because thats when cortisol kicks in

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
^^ no wonder i never liked them whwn i took them,thnx for helping me decide to not spend $20.00 :)

I was on the wire with this.

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards
I used to be a religious Xtend buyer. I've dropped BCAA's from my supplement regimen for about a year and haven't really noticed a difference.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
iForce Compete is a new intra, no BCAA'S and it works just great. What do you think that says ;)