Need some appetite suppression at night

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.04%

Need some appetite suppression at night

Whats available that A)Works B)Will not cause me to lose sleep. I do fine during the day but I get ravenous at night.

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

5HTP, HCA, or Cissus
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.04%

Thanks Coop!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.04%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    5HTP, HCA, or Cissus
    Coop can you give me some supps that have HCA in them. I goggled it but did not get much back in the way of available products.
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

5HTP, HCA, or Cissus
    I agree with this 2 x fold LOL.
    doing my own thang!
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mondata View Post
    Coop can you give me some supps that have HCA in them. I goggled it but did not get much back in the way of available products.
    Adipose Annihilation is one
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    5HTP, HCA, or Cissus
    Will look into these myself.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  319 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.9%

Wow. Great topic. Thanks for asking and the responses.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.04%

After a little research I may just get Garcinia Cambogia extract and determine how much is needed to elicit the desired response. Looks like the majority of studies show some positive impact on weight loss through the regulation of endogenous lipid biosynthesis. Adipose Annihilation V2 looks like a great product but the addition of the alpha-yohimbine makes me want to steer clear. Me + yohimbine = instant dump.
  10. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Whats available that A)Works B)Will not cause me to lose sleep. I do fine during the day but I get ravenous at night.
    Alpha-T2 does well here...no caffeine.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.05%

I do remember alpha y before bed highly suppressing appetite now that I think of it.
    doing my own thang!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

How about some Casein protein? It doesn't need to be taken before bed for anti-catabolic effects like the marketing suggests, but it does leave you satiated for a while and I have used it at night and never wake up hungry. You would have to make sure it fits into your macros for the day, but I think it's a good option.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.22%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Alpha-T2 does well here...no caffeine.
    Natty I tried this but it kept me awake, dose was taken at 7.30pm and I hit the sack generally at midnight but that time I was awake till 3am
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.25%

I rely on the more psychological tricks to get me by in the night. Low calorie things like a few tic tacs or even brushing the teeth tends to curb those cravings to an extent. Or just going to bed earlier is what I do sometimes!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I just dont eat,its that simple.Im not starved and dint have the craving that bad.Its not hard to do,lol
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce
    I rely on the more psychological tricks to get me by in the night. Low calorie things like a few tic tacs or even brushing the teeth tends to curb those cravings to an extent. Or just going to bed earlier is what I do sometimes!
    Agree on all those options. But i HATE going to sleep early ....i never eat after brushing though for whatever reason (the toothpaste taste i suppose)....and i keep some pistachios or gummys around to snack on. Just need to keep that to a minimum since those calories add up too if enough is eaten
  17. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999
    I just dont eat,its that simple.Im not starved and dint have the craving that bad.Its not hard to do,lol
    This is true...if your not famished don't eat ...just goes against human nature though lol
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

5HTP, HCA, or Cissus
    Wouldn't Chromium Picollinate help curb cravings too?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  19. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I set my goal calories for the day lower to leave room for my inevitable night feeding. Wake up famished with ZERO willpower. I actually don't even "wake up" sometimes, just realize I downed a bowl of cereal with natty peanut butter after it's already gone, lol.
  20. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    I set my goal calories for the day lower to leave room for my inevitable night feeding. Wake up famished with ZERO willpower. I actually don't even "wake up" sometimes, just realize I downed a bowl of cereal with natty peanut butter after it's already gone, lol.
    great advice, I do this as well (I guess I do ALL of these things since I've been around so long lol). I always leave room for the big dinner or before bed snack, I go around all day thinking "ok i got 1600 cals so far, that leaves 400 for later tonight, that will work" then if you, God forbid, don't use the extra calories you 'saved up' that day? well that is several hundred less cals for the day....win....
  21. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.25%

Those are great ideas guys. I don't know if it's IF or what, but I can tough out my hunger much more in the morning rather than the night. A lot of it just comes to being occupied. I want to read/watch TV before bed and it's this time when my hunger is roughest and if I stumble it will be then. I have a massive sweet tooth at night which I try to curb with some flavored BCAA's or tic tacs/mints that are low calorie. The morning simply doesn't bother me because I can get busy doing other stuff to take my mind off the hunger.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  22. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Those are great ideas guys. I don't know if it's IF or what, but I can tough out my hunger much more in the morning rather than the night. A lot of it just comes to being occupied. I want to read/watch TV before bed and it's this time when my hunger is roughest and if I stumble it will be then. I have a massive sweet tooth at night which I try to curb with some flavored BCAA's or tic tacs/mints that are low calorie. The morning simply doesn't bother me because I can get busy doing other stuff to take my mind off the hunger.
    you nailed it right there.....morning you are in a rush to get ready, during the day you are busy at work or busy at school.....night time you are sitting around reading or playing on the net or watching TV....and of course thinking about what food you can eat LOL. terrible thing, how the bodybuilders mind at night is the devils playground, you start getting "ideas" of what bad thing you can eat
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Invycktus View Post
    Natty I tried this but it kept me awake, dose was taken at 7.30pm and I hit the sack generally at midnight but that time I was awake till 3am
    Yeah I have tried taking Shift at night and it keeps me up as well. Love the stuff when taken in the morning though
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post

This is exactly how I feel. At night I love to eat some cereal.
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

This is exactly how I feel. At night I love to eat some cereal.
    I eat all my carbs (300g+) pre-bed in the form of cereal and mix-ins. Feelsgoodman
  26. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%

I eat all my carbs (300g+) pre-bed in the form of cereal and mix-ins. Feelsgoodman
    & still chisled huh?

I work out late, tonight I got done around 11:15pm. Ate 500 calories, 50g protein, carbs were about 100 or so... I feel eating all this food @ night may have a negative effect on body composition...
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  27. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

I routinely eat 100-150 carbs before bedtime (the majority of my carbs).....but not 300 LOL. I don't think I ever even eat 300 carbs in a 24 hour period now that I think about it. maybe on pizza and ramen noodle day every so often....
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    & still chisled huh?

I work out late, tonight I got done around 11:15pm. Ate 500 calories, 50g protein, carbs were about 100 or so... I feel eating all this food @ night may have a negative effect on body composition...
    Carb timing really isn't relevant to bodyfat %. I function better/am more alert on lower carbs throughout the day, perhaps due to the absence of insulin. You are falling prey to BS that has been pushed by uneducated meatheads from back in the day. Recent studies actually show that consuming most carbs in one sitting, pre-bed, reduces appetite and improves body composition in individuals who are cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I routinely eat 100-150 carbs before bedtime (the majority of my carbs).....but not 300 LOL. I don't think I ever even eat 300 carbs in a 24 hour period now that I think about it. maybe on pizza and ramen noodle day every so often....
    It's a lot of carbs
  29. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Carb timing really isn't relevant to bodyfat %. I function better/am more alert on lower carbs throughout the day, perhaps due to the absence of insulin. You are falling prey to BS that has been pushed by uneducated meatheads from back in the day. Recent studies actually show that consuming most carbs in one sitting, pre-bed, reduces appetite and improves body composition in individuals who are cutting.

It's a lot of carbs
    I've always said that type of carb doesn't matter (simple vrs complex) and that timing of carbs doesn't matter (as in not eating carbs later in the day or before bed)....and this was a decade or more ago. Of course I'd get ripped a new one back then, but I didn't care...I knew I was right esp on the simple vrs complex debate...the late night carbs I thought maybe I might end up wrong...but I was vindicated in the end lol.
  30. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

I Don't Buy That B.S.

Universal? lol
  31. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.41%

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6
    I Don't Buy That B.S.

Universal? lol
    Trenazone. when u were selling it.

It's a lot of carbs
    Agree Coop, IIRC I remember reading an article that said what you are saying recently.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I agree with people on saving it later. Also, easier to go to sleep satisfied.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.04%

Man I hope you guys are right. I love my big bowl of Raisin Brand right before bed. Sucks going to be hungry.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need an appetite suppressant!
    By metroba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 10:59 PM
  2. I need SERIOUS appetite suppression
    By mpkonig in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 08:43 PM
  3. Need help!! appetite suppressent
    By chadf11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 01:33 AM
  4. Do you really need to take ZMA at night?
    By bound in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 10:25 PM