Casein question

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I usually go to the gym after work, I don't eat anything prior..I was wondering if I was to take casein an hour or so preworkout would that be a bad idea?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why casein? It aggregates in the gut and could make for an unpleasant workout

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I usually go to the gym after work, I don't eat anything prior..I was wondering if I was to take casein an hour or so preworkout would that be a bad idea?
If u r looking @ Caseun cause its a slow dig protein,i would advise about 30 mins pre w.o have 1 scoop of whey protein powder and a greek yogurt with maybe 16oz of water,shake it up good n your straight.

And u shouldnt be eating before the gym anyway,atleast 60-90 mins. Depending really in a sense

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I have a tub of it at my job, and I don't really have a lot of time after since I have to get a ride there so I figured if I can utilize it somehow I figure why not?

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I have a tub of it at my job, and I don't really have a lot of time after since I have to get a ride there so I figured if I can utilize it somehow I figure why not?
Well makes sense then,lol

Unless ur stomach is sensitive ,i see no reason u cant drink it pre wo...add a handful of mixed nuts in ..

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Once you're done with that you could go with a multi-blend or just whey. Pure casein products tend to be a little hard on those with sensitive stomachs. Plus you still get the "time-release" effect with a multi-blend.

But if you have nothing else right now, and it's about an hour beforehand, you should be ok

andy148lbs

Awards
Once you're done with that you could go with a multi-blend or just whey. Pure casein products tend to be a little hard on those with sensitive stomachs. Plus you still get the "time-release" effect with a multi-blend.

But if you have nothing else right now, and it's about an hour beforehand, you should be ok
^^^this

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do 1 scoop whey protein with 1/2 cup cottage cheese pre-workout for my longer digestive needs.. does wonders for me.

Mike