Using Mucuna pruiens for a long time

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I believe this is due to the presence of mu opioids and other constituents of the plant. However, this specific extract (99%) is 99% levodopa. If we were talking about one of the more common, lower % extracts, it would be a different story entirely (hence why Inhibit-P is considered safe for longterm use). Why would researchers continue pursuing mucuna pruriens when levodopa can be readily synthesized from a pharmaceutical company? That's where the money, and the guaranteed quality, is at, after all.

    Here is a free text on a clinical trial finding mucuna pruriens as effective as L-dopa for PD treatment: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1738871/
    There is money in it because nobody else has come up with anything better, but the side effects completely suck. They give Carbidopa to help, but it doesn't do much. We give L-DOPA/Carbidopa to the rats and they still get horrible dyskinesias. L-DOPA is the key still, but we still need something better to give along side with it and they were hoping that was in mucuna at one point. The money would be figuring out exactly what is was That trial looked promising, but was 2004. I don't think I've even seen a poster in the last 2 years let alone an article.

    I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I just honestly have a fear that one day somebody is going to post that they took Levodopa!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com


  2. I usually take 2 of the NOW L-dopa (800mg mucuna/velvet bean) which equates to 120mg L-dopa, since its a standardized extract. I also usually take 800mg of 1-carboxy as well. That might be overkill though.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    There is money in it because nobody else has come up with anything better, but the side effects completely suck. They give Carbidopa to help, but it doesn't do much. We give L-DOPA/Carbidopa to the rats and they still get horrible dyskinesias. L-DOPA is the key still, but we still need something better to give along side with it and they were hoping that was in mucuna at one point. The money would be figuring out exactly what is was That trial looked promising, but was 2004. I don't think I've even seen a poster in the last 2 years let alone an article.

    I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I just honestly have a fear that one day somebody is going to post that they took Levodopa!
    Not hijacking at all, great post. So why do you think pursuit of mucuna was stopped? And I agree, it's all about combating:

    1. Loss of efficacy over time during the honeymoon period
    2. Minimizing side effects

  4. I'm sorry............but I'm going to have to insist that you feller's take this conversation over to the supplement science section

  5. I often wonder if higher doses of 1-carboxy and mucuna/l-dopa (plus green tea extract and maybe P-5-P) would work just as well for AAS cycles incorporating tren or deca, instead of having to use caber or prami.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Not hijacking at all, great post. So why do you think pursuit of mucuna was stopped? And I agree, it's all about combating:

    1. Loss of efficacy over time during the honeymoon period
    2. Minimizing side effects
    If I had to guess I would say that somebody higher up the ladder told them that they need to figure out why this plant was doing what it was doing before clinicals were going to go any further. The researchers make crap money (yay me lol), but they have to be funded and a company is going to want to fund something that they can make, not something that people can grow. I am very pro-pharm companies having seen behind the curtain and how much money they put into research, but at the end of the day, they are a business. Sometimes these projects just hit a dead end because the people in charge of funding (either private or government) see something shiny and want to do that instead.

    Pfizer and some brilliant, young, extremely handsome scientist (who doesn't get paid Pfizer-level money) should have a paper out by the end of the year...depending on reviewers.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast
    It turns me on when Coop talks in scientific terms
    Aleksandar gets me off scientifically ....i guess its like women....everybody has a different type

  8. great topic. The reason I decided not to take the drug Welbutrin was I was afraid of permanent dopamine shutdown. I just started Now brand mucuna as part of a libido stack and will be cycling it but not sure how. I can't seem to find doasges that work for people for libido? I'm taking 2 caps 3xday on empty stomach for a total of 360mg L-Dopa. I read somewhere that 1500mg is an upper limit for safety. Been on for three days along with longjack,maca,goji and tribulus.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    2 months on, 1 month off is a good starting point. The effects on prolactin are pretty much immediate, so you can use it right at the start of PCT. If you co-supplement with 5HTP, you can probably go up to 3 months on l-dopa if the dose is low.
    If the effects on prolactin is immediate can u just take l dopa after intercourse and not everyday just to prevent the rise of prolactin right after sex

  10. Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    If the effects on prolactin is immediate can u just take l dopa after intercourse and not everyday just to prevent the rise of prolactin right after sex
    I guess, but why? Some people use it exclusively for this purpose as it anecdotally reduces the refractory period

  11. coop, you said inhibit-P ise safe to use on the long term because of the right dosage of mucuna (Mucuna Pruriens (60% L-Dopa) 150 mg for 1 cap), right ?

    So what about endosurge ?
    for 2 caps and they recommand to take it 3 times daily.
    Mucuna pruriens 75% L-Dopa 83 mg
    Mucuna pruriens 25% L-Dopa 100 mg

    Wouldn't it be way to much ?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by nergy View Post
    coop, you said inhibit-P ise safe to use on the long term because of the right dosage of mucuna (Mucuna Pruriens (60% L-Dopa) 150 mg for 1 cap), right ?

    So what about endosurge ?
    for 2 caps and they recommand to take it 3 times daily.
    Mucuna pruriens 75% L-Dopa 83 mg
    Mucuna pruriens 25% L-Dopa 100 mg

    Wouldn't it be way to much ?
    Relative to therapeutic doses of l-dopa, endosurge isn't really all that high. I'd feel free to use it up to 8 weeks on end before taking a 4 week break.

  13. so how come is endosurge higher dosed than inhibit-P ?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by nergy View Post
    so how come is endosurge higher dosed than inhibit-P ?
    Because Inhibit-P is a full spectrum prolactin control complex. The vitex agnus castus extract, for instance, is loaded with compounds that reduce prolactin. Mucuna pruriens is the sole prolactin control ingredient in endosurge.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Because Inhibit-P is a full spectrum prolactin control complex. The vitex agnus castus extract, for instance, is loaded with compounds that reduce prolactin. Mucuna pruriens is the sole prolactin control ingredient in endosurge.

    so endosurge may not be the best choice for prolactin control ?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by nergy View Post
    so endosurge may not be the best choice for prolactin control ?
    Correct for longterm use, which is fine, because endosurge is not intended for that purpose.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Because Inhibit-P is a full spectrum prolactin control complex. The vitex agnus castus extract, for instance, is loaded with compounds that reduce prolactin. Mucuna pruriens is the sole prolactin control ingredient in endosurge.
    Would it be ok to just take inhibit once a day ? I read vitex should be taken in high doses cause low doses result in unwanted effects . Is there enough l dopa to take inhibit once a day or u won't recommend it

  18. Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    Would it be ok to just take inhibit once a day ? I read vitex should be taken in high doses cause low doses result in unwanted effects . Is there enough l dopa to take inhibit once a day or u won't recommend it
    On the contrary, lower doses of Vitex prevent potential issues. Higher doses have been found to do nothing for prolactin, which is why this specific dose and extract was used. Once a day is perfect.

  19. Thanks homie

  20. I've been wondering where you got all that knowledge coop, so thank you

  21. Im curious about this l-dopa. It's in Test Powder. I was taking it in middle part of the day. I seem to have an attitude problem & like you say Conny, just zoned out.

    Whats thoughts on this?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Im curious about this l-dopa. It's in Test Powder. I was taking it in middle part of the day. I seem to have an attitude problem & like you say Conny, just zoned out.

    Whats thoughts on this?

    never noticed this
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

  23. I had a bad interaction between ephedrine and PCT assist once... Man it gave me awful mood problems..
    On the road to bench pressing 400 pounds Currently over 360...

  24. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You have unquestionably depleted brain serotonin at this stage. Stop using HGHPro for at least 2 months and get on some 5HTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    2 months on, 1 month off is a good starting point. The effects on prolactin are pretty much immediate, so you can use it right at the start of PCT. If you co-supplement with 5HTP, you can probably go up to 3 months on l-dopa if the dose is low.
    how does mucuna deplete serotonin over time? how would one dose tryptophan or 5htp to recover from this and/or help prevent it? actual dosage/mg wise as well as timing...empty stomach at night to avoid lethargy during the day? if one is taking the mucuna at night, would this interfere with the serotonin production by jacking up dopamine?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:25 PM
  2. Amino's dissolved in water for a long time
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 01:12 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 12:54 AM
  4. can I leave bcaa's in water for a long time?
    By quads in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 12:21 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Log in
Log in