Post Workout Plant Protein

  1. Cool Post Workout Plant Protein


    Hi, so I like to occasionally rotate my foods so I don't eat the same thing all the time. I just went through a 5 pound tub of whey protein Isolate and I wanted a little bit of a temporarily change. Can you guys suggest a good solid plant protein that doesn't taste like crap that I can take post workout?? Thanks!!


  2. i didnt even know plant protein shakes existed..why not just stick with whey or a protein blend like trutein.

  3. Gemma pea isolate. Digest faster than whey and is 96 or 97 bioavailability. Pretty clean taste from true protein I think.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  4. What's wrong with food? I mean assuming that all of us here know and agree Protein is just a Macronutrient and its better from real food, of course haha.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Gemma pea isolate. Digest faster than whey and is 96 or 97 bioavailability. Pretty clean taste from true protein I think.
    How does it taste and what flavors are good?? Also is it a complete protein, because I know many plant proteins aren't complete proteins

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    How does it taste and what flavors are good?? Also is it a complete protein, because I know many plant proteins aren't complete proteins
    Explain what do you mean by "complete" protein...because that would be based upon micro-nutrient and amino-acid value/content...and that you only get the best of it out of real whole meals...or Ultra Peptide, but I am against the compulsive need for powders.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Explain what do you mean by "complete" protein...because that would be based upon micro-nutrient and amino-acid value/content...and that you only get the best of it out of real whole meals...or Ultra Peptide, but I am against the compulsive need for powders.
    Complete protein means it contains high amounts of all essential amino acids. And I've noticed a huge difference when I have a post workout shake before dinner instead of eating right after a workout. Its not just BS it definately adds more mass!!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Complete protein means it contains high amounts of all essential amino acids. And I've noticed a huge difference when I have a post workout shake before dinner instead of eating right after a workout. Its not just BS it definately adds more mass!!
    It is called a Leucine spike in the blood...buy Bulk Leucine and you will get the same effect, just have anywhere from 10-15g of Leucine before a meal and you can thus help in protein absorption rates.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    It is called a Leucine spike in the blood...buy Bulk Leucine and you will get the same effect, just have anywhere from 10-15g of Leucine before a meal and you can thus help in protein absorption rates.
    3-5g will suffice. That's all that is needed to kickstart protein synthesis.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    It is called a Leucine spike in the blood...buy Bulk Leucine and you will get the same effect, just have anywhere from 10-15g of Leucine before a meal and you can thus help in protein absorption rates.
    I'll look into that

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    3-5g will suffice. That's all that is needed to kickstart protein synthesis.
    I still have so much to learn hehe, but yes as Rodja said, a good amount of Leucine like 5g helps with Protein Synthesis .
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  12. It's a complete protein. Check out trueprotein dot com for more info.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    I still have so much to learn hehe, but yes as Rodja said, a good amount of Leucine like 5g helps with Protein Synthesis .
    Rodja is an idiot :-D

    I kid, I kid. Dang rodja, been on here for a while. Good to see another old school homie.....

    1 scoop AI recover pro has 4gr/scoop. Cheap & tastes good.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  14. Cinamon Roll or banana perfection by gaspari,MYOFUSION..

    amazingly deleicious

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I still have so much to learn hehe, but yes as Rodja said, a good amount of Leucine like 5g helps with Protein Synthesis .
    I like to do 10g per shot of leucine, but every once in a while 5g. I won't say how much I take centered around my WO or it will cause a disruption LMFAO

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Complete protein means it contains high amounts of all essential amino acids. And I've noticed a huge difference when I have a post workout shake before dinner instead of eating right after a workout. Its not just BS it definately adds more mass!!
    I'm having trouble with this statement. I understand that every person is different, but I cannot see how this claim holds up. In order to gain mass, you are going to have to be in a caloric surplus...Assuming that the food and protein shake would contain equal amounts protein, it is not going to make any difference in the long-term.

    For a protein choice though, I would go with Beverly International UMP. I know it's not plant-based, but it's the best I've used.

    David
    Team APPNUT
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan

    Complete protein means it contains high amounts of all essential amino acids. And I've noticed a huge difference when I have a post workout shake before dinner instead of eating right after a workout. Its not just BS it definately adds more mass!!
    I for a long time just about cut out shakes,food and only food, s hake here n there..i just started about 2 months ago again with an immediate shake post workout and have been seeing differences.
    But if your diet is on point and u eat enoug of everything necessary,then supps realy arent needed. But never hurt either

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    I for a long time just about cut out shakes,food and only food, s hake here n there..i just started about 2 months ago again with an immediate shake post workout and have been seeing differences.
    But if your diet is on point and u eat enoug of everything necessary,then supps realy arent needed. But never hurt either
    That's all I'm trying to do. I have my diet on point, but I think the postworkout shake really does make a difference. Anyway I just ordered Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein Chocolate. 2 Tubs, which is like 2.44 pounds or something. I'll try it out for a while then maybe switch back to Whey Protein.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Complete protein means it contains high amounts of all essential amino acids. And I've noticed a huge difference when I have a post workout shake before dinner instead of eating right after a workout. Its not just BS it definately adds more mass!!
    I noticed the opposite. I've never had a bigger transformation in strength and appearance than when I switched from powdered protein to 95% whole food protein sources. My overall protein intake even decreased. (the only other change that has ever made such a drastic impact is when I started deadlifting regularly)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
  2. Milk in post workout protein shakes
    By biggjohn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 11:13 PM
  3. Whey or casein for post workout protein shake?
    By Rostam in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 02:48 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Log in
Log in