digestive enzymes

  1. New Member
    dvr2470's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    53.03%

    digestive enzymes


    Are digestive enzymes all that effective in helping with a bulking diet? I've heard that they can actually slow down the endogenous production of digestive enzymes so they shouldn't be taken for long periods of time. I've had some great results from probiotics right before a meal... It seems to allow me to eat more and reduces my protein facts quite a bit. Would anyone suggest that I add digestive enzymes to the mix?

  2. New Member
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    398
    Rep Power
    207330
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    Whenever I am going to eat something I know wont agree with me, I always take a digestive enzyme. It helps me avoid a upset stomach. I do take a probiotic every morning as well. I recommend them both to anyone with stomach issues.
  3. New Member
    Aznmonk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    3887
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    79.81%

    what product do you use specially i have used gut health but looking for something better if it exists
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aznmonk View Post
    what product do you use specially i have used gut health but looking for something better if it exists
    I have GERD,my stomach is ****. i eat good and all,its more a genetic thing.

    anyway,i looked at Gut health by genomyx.

    What did you like and or not like about it?
  5. New Member
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    398
    Rep Power
    207330
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    I take g-c (not sure i can mention the store name, but u can figure it out) ultra 75 probiotic complex & now digestive platinum. Helps me tremendously.
  6. New Member
    Aznmonk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    3887
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    79.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    I have GERD,my stomach is ****. i eat good and all,its more a genetic thing.

    anyway,i looked at Gut health by genomyx.

    What did you like and or not like about it?

    when i use it , i poop well and farts don't smell much and don't do it often, my stomach over time has become complete **** and i don't mean pun
  7. New Member
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    398
    Rep Power
    207330
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    I hear ya.. after i take my aids, i can eat an old shoe without worries.
  8. New Member
    dvr2470's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    53.03%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aznmonk View Post
    what product do you use specially i have used gut health but looking for something better if it exists
    for the price, swanson vitamins has some really good probiotics. Check out their probiotic-4 complex...similar to gut health but cheaper.
  9. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I like plain Bromelain:-)
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317354
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I used to take enzymes as a staple and got away from them the past year or so. However, my gut had been killing me lately, I was constantly bloated, and I was getting some heartburn issues, which was very new for me. I picked up some NOW Super Digestive Enzymes and the issues ceased within days. I started out taking a tab with every meal for 3 days and then 1 at my 2-3 heaviest meals (depending on the day). My appetite has increased and I've had zero bloat since I re-incorporated them into my daily supplements.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  11. New Member
    dvr2470's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    53.03%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I used to take enzymes as a staple and got away from them the past year or so. However, my gut had been killing me lately, I was constantly bloated, and I was getting some heartburn issues, which was very new for me. I picked up some NOW Super Digestive Enzymes and the issues ceased within days. I started out taking a tab with every meal for 3 days and then 1 at my 2-3 heaviest meals (depending on the day). My appetite has increased and I've had zero bloat since I re-incorporated them into my daily supplements.
    so it sounds like digestive enzymes should be cycled just like allot of other supplements that replace chemicals that the body produces internally
  12. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,686
    Rep Power
    6897332
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    This thread...omg. Let's start by reaffirming that gut health is a probiotic, not a digestive enzyme, supplement
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  13. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This thread...omg. Let's start by reaffirming that gut health is a probiotic, not a digestive enzyme, supplement
    You would have to define a probiotic first lol...I mean I like Gut Health myself, but it is NOT a digestive enzyme like you said.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  14. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,784
    Rep Power
    1317354
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dvr2470 View Post
    so it sounds like digestive enzymes should be cycled just like allot of other supplements that replace chemicals that the body produces internally
    I wouldn't go as far as to be cycled, but dosing should be waved depending on the "phase."
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  15. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I used to take enzymes as a staple and got away from them the past year or so. However, my gut had been killing me lately, I was constantly bloated, and I was getting some heartburn issues, which was very new for me. I picked up some NOW Super Digestive Enzymes and the issues ceased within days. I started out taking a tab with every meal for 3 days and then 1 at my 2-3 heaviest meals (depending on the day). My appetite has increased and I've had zero bloat since I re-incorporated them into my daily supplements.
    Dude,i take Stomach pills on the regular due to my stomach acid problems...its not otc pills either,they dont do **** for me..mine are prescribed..so this info above is great.
  16. New Member
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    91118
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    45.09%

    I have been taking NOW Super Enzymes for a few years now. I started taking them with my heaviest meals or meals I knew would be gut busters. So far so good and it has helped to reduce excess bloat and gas. I keep a few on me when I go out to eat just incase. They are a staple and I do not cycle them, but I only used them with my biggest/heaviest meals.
  17. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,556
    Rep Power
    1241208
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    29.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I always recommend digestive enzymes. It improves the efficiency of your gut. Also, with all the GMO foods we consume its a good idea to intake digestive enzymes as GMO foods have been show to diminish the healthy flora in the GI tract. A healthy gut is a key factor in a healthy immune system.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  18. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc
    I always recommend digestive enzymes. It improves the efficiency of your gut. Also, with all the GMO foods we consume its a good idea to intake digestive enzymes as GMO foods have been show to diminish the healthy flora in the GI tract. A healthy gut is a key factor in a healthy immune system.
    So do you think digestive enzymes can help with reducing acid reflux???
  19. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,556
    Rep Power
    1241208
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    29.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    So do you think digestive enzymes can help with reducing acid reflux???
    I sure do, but acid reflux is caused by dietary problems. I would suggest trying to change up some dietary choices. Are you taking any type of proton pump inhibitor?

    I would start taking some digestive enzymes, apple cider vinegar, and aloe vera juice. Ginger is also really great for the gut. Can you list out what your typical dietary choices are?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  20. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc

    I sure do, but acid reflux is caused by dietary problems. I would suggest trying to change up some dietary choices. Are you taking any type of proton pump inhibitor?
    My diet is very good to be honest..What it is, is my body just produces stomach acids more than it should.Its a gentic prob more likley as my mother has it and my father has chrones disease a diff type of stomach problem .Not sure if u are familiar.so it seems hereditary,imo.

    At the moment i take prescribed pill for it..

    Thats my situation.So what do u reccomend? Diet wise and otc natty supp wise.


    Basically if i dont take the pill for a few days on end i have to stay clear of too much acidic foods and dri.k,caffeine,juice ,spicey stuff etc etc.... I stay away now as it is,but the pill allows me to eat n drink those things but out of caution i only do so in moderation. I dont even drink alcohol if hardly ever anymore,so thats not an issue.
  21. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,556
    Rep Power
    1241208
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    29.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    My diet is very good to be honest..What it is, is my body just produces stomach acids more than it should.Its a gentic prob more likley as my mother has it and my father has chrones disease a diff type of stomach problem .Not sure if u are familiar.so it seems hereditary,imo.

    At the moment i take prescribed pill for it..

    Thats my situation.So what do u reccomend? Diet wise and otc natty supp wise.


    Basically if i dont take the pill for a few days on end i have to stay clear of too much acidic foods and dri.k,caffeine,juice ,spicey stuff etc etc.... I stay away now as it is,but the pill allows me to eat n drink those things but out of caution i only do so in moderation. I dont even drink alcohol if hardly ever anymore,so thats not an issue.
    The pill actually blocks the acid in your body from being produced. This works for a short time until your body realizes it. Your body will then start to over compensate by producing more acid and in turn it really doesn't work well. Does that sound familiar with you? It seems that might be the reason why it is hard when not using the pill too. Are you taking Nexium?

    As far as dietary supplements I would look into a really good digestive enzyme product, organic aloe juice, ginger, and maybe some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Your body is in a very acidic state right now and we need to move it toward neutral/slightly alkaline.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  22. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    The pill actually blocks the acid in your body from being produced. This works for a short time until your body realizes it. Your body will then start to over compensate by producing more acid and in turn it really doesn't work well. Does that sound familiar with you? It seems that might be the reason why it is hard when not using the pill too. Are you taking Nexium?
    Makes absolute sense..I am taking Dexilant for a few years now,have a few biuddies at work as well,one of them great shape trains as well,good diet,is taking nexium on the reg.

    Basically my diet is good,but hayte taking **** like this,so i was trying to see if i can take some all nattural stuff to help..i think ill be picking up gut ealth and digestive enzymes and give it a go.
  23. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    just by reeading some posts here..one prsn mentioned helped with gas and reflux,well this seems very worth a shot... actually glad this thread popped up.
  24. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,556
    Rep Power
    1241208
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    29.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Makes absolute sense..I am taking Dexilant for a few years now,have a few biuddies at work as well,one of them great shape trains as well,good diet,is taking nexium on the reg.

    Basically my diet is good,but hayte taking **** like this,so i was trying to see if i can take some all nattural stuff to help..i think ill be picking up gut ealth and digestive enzymes and give it a go.
    I would look into a really good digestive enzyme product, organic aloe juice, ginger, and maybe some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Your body is in a very acidic state right now and we need to move it toward neutral/slightly alkaline.
    You may need to slightly taper off the Nexium. I dunno I am not a doctor. Research the supplements above. Research nexium and how to get off. Should be quite a bit of stuff out there.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  25. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I would look into a really good digestive enzyme product, organic aloe juice, ginger, and maybe some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Your body is in a very acidic state right now and we need to move it toward neutral/slightly alkaline.
    You may need to slightly taper off the Nexium. I dunno I am not a doctor. Research the supplements above. Research nexium and how to get off. Should be quite a bit of stuff out there.
    Dude,i just copied this info and set it over to my email..ill be looking into everything you said.as well as use google to find out even more.

    thnx for your help and time,bud!

    have a great night
  26. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,556
    Rep Power
    1241208
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    29.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999
    Dude,i just copied this info and set it over to my email..ill be looking into everything you said.as well as use google to find out even more.

    thnx for your help and time,bud!

    have a great night
    You too most likely the nexium is probably making you deficient in something as well. I would look for that too maybe it's common for nexium to makes users magnesium deficient or something like that. Most pharmaceuticals have an effect like this
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  27. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc

    You too most likely the nexium is probably making you deficient in something as well. I would look for that too maybe it's common for nexium to makes users magnesium deficient or something like that. Most pharmaceuticals have an effect like this
    Interesting man!!!! Ill be doing some more investigating.its about time to be honest
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. digestive enzymes for protein powder?
    By Number 5 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 12:53 AM
  2. Digestive Enzymes Info Thread
    By nycste in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 05:17 AM
  3. Digestive enzymes and weight gain (please read)
    By Mach .78 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 08:48 PM
  4. Digestive Enzymes
    By PHWSSJ in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in