digestive enzymes

dvr2470

Awards
Are digestive enzymes all that effective in helping with a bulking diet? I've heard that they can actually slow down the endogenous production of digestive enzymes so they shouldn't be taken for long periods of time. I've had some great results from probiotics right before a meal... It seems to allow me to eat more and reduces my protein facts quite a bit. Would anyone suggest that I add digestive enzymes to the mix?

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Whenever I am going to eat something I know wont agree with me, I always take a digestive enzyme. It helps me avoid a upset stomach. I do take a probiotic every morning as well. I recommend them both to anyone with stomach issues.

Aznmonk

Aznmonk

Awards
what product do you use specially i have used gut health but looking for something better if it exists

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
what product do you use specially i have used gut health but looking for something better if it exists
I have GERD,my stomach is ****. i eat good and all,its more a genetic thing.

anyway,i looked at Gut health by genomyx.

What did you like and or not like about it?

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I take g-c (not sure i can mention the store name, but u can figure it out) ultra 75 probiotic complex & now digestive platinum. Helps me tremendously.

Aznmonk

Aznmonk

Awards
I have GERD,my stomach is ****. i eat good and all,its more a genetic thing.

anyway,i looked at Gut health by genomyx.

What did you like and or not like about it?

when i use it , i poop well and farts don't smell much and don't do it often, my stomach over time has become complete **** and i don't mean pun

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I hear ya.. after i take my aids, i can eat an old shoe without worries.

dvr2470

Awards
for the price, swanson vitamins has some really good probiotics. Check out their probiotic-4 complex...similar to gut health but cheaper.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to take enzymes as a staple and got away from them the past year or so. However, my gut had been killing me lately, I was constantly bloated, and I was getting some heartburn issues, which was very new for me. I picked up some NOW Super Digestive Enzymes and the issues ceased within days. I started out taking a tab with every meal for 3 days and then 1 at my 2-3 heaviest meals (depending on the day). My appetite has increased and I've had zero bloat since I re-incorporated them into my daily supplements.

dvr2470

Awards
I used to take enzymes as a staple and got away from them the past year or so. However, my gut had been killing me lately, I was constantly bloated, and I was getting some heartburn issues, which was very new for me. I picked up some NOW Super Digestive Enzymes and the issues ceased within days. I started out taking a tab with every meal for 3 days and then 1 at my 2-3 heaviest meals (depending on the day). My appetite has increased and I've had zero bloat since I re-incorporated them into my daily supplements.
so it sounds like digestive enzymes should be cycled just like allot of other supplements that replace chemicals that the body produces internally

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This thread...omg. Let's start by reaffirming that gut health is a probiotic, not a digestive enzyme, supplement

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This thread...omg. Let's start by reaffirming that gut health is a probiotic, not a digestive enzyme, supplement
You would have to define a probiotic first lol...I mean I like Gut Health myself, but it is NOT a digestive enzyme like you said.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so it sounds like digestive enzymes should be cycled just like allot of other supplements that replace chemicals that the body produces internally
I wouldn't go as far as to be cycled, but dosing should be waved depending on the "phase."

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Dude,i take Stomach pills on the regular due to my stomach acid problems...its not otc pills either,they dont do **** for me..mine are prescribed..so this info above is great.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking NOW Super Enzymes for a few years now. I started taking them with my heaviest meals or meals I knew would be gut busters. So far so good and it has helped to reduce excess bloat and gas. I keep a few on me when I go out to eat just incase. They are a staple and I do not cycle them, but I only used them with my biggest/heaviest meals.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always recommend digestive enzymes. It improves the efficiency of your gut. Also, with all the GMO foods we consume its a good idea to intake digestive enzymes as GMO foods have been show to diminish the healthy flora in the GI tract. A healthy gut is a key factor in a healthy immune system.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I always recommend digestive enzymes. It improves the efficiency of your gut. Also, with all the GMO foods we consume its a good idea to intake digestive enzymes as GMO foods have been show to diminish the healthy flora in the GI tract. A healthy gut is a key factor in a healthy immune system.
So do you think digestive enzymes can help with reducing acid reflux???

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So do you think digestive enzymes can help with reducing acid reflux???
I sure do, but acid reflux is caused by dietary problems. I would suggest trying to change up some dietary choices. Are you taking any type of proton pump inhibitor?

I would start taking some digestive enzymes, apple cider vinegar, and aloe vera juice. Ginger is also really great for the gut. Can you list out what your typical dietary choices are?

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I sure do, but acid reflux is caused by dietary problems. I would suggest trying to change up some dietary choices. Are you taking any type of proton pump inhibitor?
My diet is very good to be honest..What it is, is my body just produces stomach acids more than it should.Its a gentic prob more likley as my mother has it and my father has chrones disease a diff type of stomach problem .Not sure if u are familiar.so it seems hereditary,imo.

At the moment i take prescribed pill for it..

Thats my situation.So what do u reccomend? Diet wise and otc natty supp wise.

Basically if i dont take the pill for a few days on end i have to stay clear of too much acidic foods and dri.k,caffeine,juice ,spicey stuff etc etc.... I stay away now as it is,but the pill allows me to eat n drink those things but out of caution i only do so in moderation. I dont even drink alcohol if hardly ever anymore,so thats not an issue.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My diet is very good to be honest..What it is, is my body just produces stomach acids more than it should.Its a gentic prob more likley as my mother has it and my father has chrones disease a diff type of stomach problem .Not sure if u are familiar.so it seems hereditary,imo.

At the moment i take prescribed pill for it..

Thats my situation.So what do u reccomend? Diet wise and otc natty supp wise.

Basically if i dont take the pill for a few days on end i have to stay clear of too much acidic foods and dri.k,caffeine,juice ,spicey stuff etc etc.... I stay away now as it is,but the pill allows me to eat n drink those things but out of caution i only do so in moderation. I dont even drink alcohol if hardly ever anymore,so thats not an issue.
The pill actually blocks the acid in your body from being produced. This works for a short time until your body realizes it. Your body will then start to over compensate by producing more acid and in turn it really doesn't work well. Does that sound familiar with you? It seems that might be the reason why it is hard when not using the pill too. Are you taking Nexium?

As far as dietary supplements I would look into a really good digestive enzyme product, organic aloe juice, ginger, and maybe some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Your body is in a very acidic state right now and we need to move it toward neutral/slightly alkaline.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
The pill actually blocks the acid in your body from being produced. This works for a short time until your body realizes it. Your body will then start to over compensate by producing more acid and in turn it really doesn't work well. Does that sound familiar with you? It seems that might be the reason why it is hard when not using the pill too. Are you taking Nexium?
Makes absolute sense..I am taking Dexilant for a few years now,have a few biuddies at work as well,one of them great shape trains as well,good diet,is taking nexium on the reg.

Basically my diet is good,but hayte taking **** like this,so i was trying to see if i can take some all nattural stuff to help..i think ill be picking up gut ealth and digestive enzymes and give it a go.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
just by reeading some posts here..one prsn mentioned helped with gas and reflux,well this seems very worth a shot... actually glad this thread popped up.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Makes absolute sense..I am taking Dexilant for a few years now,have a few biuddies at work as well,one of them great shape trains as well,good diet,is taking nexium on the reg.

Basically my diet is good,but hayte taking **** like this,so i was trying to see if i can take some all nattural stuff to help..i think ill be picking up gut ealth and digestive enzymes and give it a go.
I would look into a really good digestive enzyme product, organic aloe juice, ginger, and maybe some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Your body is in a very acidic state right now and we need to move it toward neutral/slightly alkaline.​
You may need to slightly taper off the Nexium. I dunno I am not a doctor. Research the supplements above. Research nexium and how to get off. Should be quite a bit of stuff out there.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I would look into a really good digestive enzyme product, organic aloe juice, ginger, and maybe some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Your body is in a very acidic state right now and we need to move it toward neutral/slightly alkaline.​
You may need to slightly taper off the Nexium. I dunno I am not a doctor. Research the supplements above. Research nexium and how to get off. Should be quite a bit of stuff out there.
Dude,i just copied this info and set it over to my email..ill be looking into everything you said.as well as use google to find out even more.

thnx for your help and time,bud!

have a great night

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude,i just copied this info and set it over to my email..ill be looking into everything you said.as well as use google to find out even more.

thnx for your help and time,bud!

have a great night
You too most likely the nexium is probably making you deficient in something as well. I would look for that too maybe it's common for nexium to makes users magnesium deficient or something like that. Most pharmaceuticals have an effect like this

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
You too most likely the nexium is probably making you deficient in something as well. I would look for that too maybe it's common for nexium to makes users magnesium deficient or something like that. Most pharmaceuticals have an effect like this
Interesting man!!!! Ill be doing some more investigating.its about time to be honest

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AdelV Supplements 5
Supplements 4
Supplements 1
Supplements 10
Anabolics 26