bcaa dosage off days.. - AnabolicMinds.com

bcaa dosage off days..

1. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

bcaa dosage off days..

Ok i take universal bcaa pro 2 pre and 2 post workout as directions say...i have noticed tremendous gains with these, more than expected...been off pros for 7 months,still gaining just making sure its fine to take all 4 spread throughout the day on off days or should i take half on off days...thanks

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If your diet is deficient in protein-intake, then you can certainly take them on your off days.

David
    Team APPNUT
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

My protein intake is on key ..I'm 199 pds and eat atleast 200 grams/ day...not including protein shakes....ok cool thanks
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by blayke88 View Post
    Ok i take universal bcaa pro 2 pre and 2 post workout as directions say...i have noticed tremendous gains with these, more than expected...been off pros for 7 months,still gaining just making sure its fine to take all 4 spread throughout the day on off days or should i take half on off days...thanks
    Considering that this is only adding 1g of leucine to your daily intake, you are experiencing placebo.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

I dont agree with that at all..so ur saying bcaas arent effective? Its no placeabo its proper nutrition,training, and supplementaion i need that i cant get through diet..
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I dont agree with that at all..so ur saying bcaas arent effective? Its no placeabo its proper nutrition,training, and supplementaion i need that i cant get through diet..
    Sorry, but 1g leucine, 500mg isl, and 500mg val causing tremendous gains is placebo. And sorry if this eliminates all further placebo gains for you lol. Just forget we had this conversation
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

I have already forgot this convo..didnt answer my question what so ever
  8. Diamond Member

I have already forgot this convo..didnt answer my question what so ever
    To answer your question, it doesn't matter because it is doing nothing at that dose. You are quite literally just adding 2g of protein to your daily intake. Once this tub is done, don't buy anymore.
  9. Banned

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I only use BCAA (or Leucine) on a cut....caloric deficit, with average protein intake...I just add it into my protein intake, if I take 25G BCAA? I take 175 grams or so of protein for example. And usually only on WO days centered around the WO. But on a lean bulk or bulk? why bother, you are in caloric and protein surplus so it doesn't make sense to me. but I suppose pre and post WO BCAA could be used anytime if you wanted.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

its fine somedays i take 50 grams bcaa's all between meals and pre, intra and post training
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Ok..guess i didnt realize you didnt need em as much if ur on a lean bulk...i eat between 3000 and 3300 just depends...well thanks for the info guys
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    To answer your question, it doesn't matter because it is doing nothing at that dose. You are quite literally just adding 2g of protein to your daily intake. Once this tub is done, don't buy anymore.
    What do you know Mr. Cooper? It's not like you are an experienced supplement user who keeps in great shape. The OP might be more willing to listen to you if you were in medical school and one of the smartest guys on here (or any other forum for that matter)......oh wait, I forgot that people still quote your advice like it's gospel even on forums where you don't actively participate.

OP, you would be crazy to ignore what Mr. Cooper is saying, not just because he says so but because just about anybody will tell you that you don't need to supplement with BCAA's if you are consuming sufficient protein, especially when your BCAA is under dosed anyway.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99

What do you know Mr. Cooper? It's not like you are an experienced supplement user who keeps in great shape. The OP might be more willing to listen to you if you were in medical school and one of the smartest guys on here (or any other forum for that matter)......oh wait, I forgot that people still quote your advice like it's gospel even on forums where you don't actively participate.

OP, you would be crazy to ignore what Mr. Cooper is saying, not just because he says so but because just about anybody will tell you that you don't need to supplement with BCAA's if you are consuming sufficient protein, especially when your BCAA is under dosed anyway.
    Well sais Dewey..I have to agree.OP,Mr Cooper keeps in fantastic shape and has been supplementing for many years.His yrs of training and hands on expierience means more to me than him having any degree.

I have been back and forth on a few forums before joining any and seen him..Listen to him,he knows his stuff.

A few others on here i look to for advice are Airborne,Warbird,Dewey,Mr Cooper and Bolt. There just among the many very educated ppl who hang around here.

To be honest i joined here,i realized how much i really dont know about supps.Besides the basic whey,creatine,carnitine,taurin e etc.... You wanna learn about supps and benefitting your body from them,this is where to be.

Dewey will tell you,up to 3 months ago i hated supps,now i am starting to find that many,not all,lol..more often then not there ****,but there are many that can be very useful,the right ones that is.Pick n choose right.

Sorry for all the yapping,haha
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

I get what he said.. i dont think i know everything there is to know abt supps but I'm no means a noob..i was just confused abt coopers reply..as to if bcaas are worthless or if i need to up my dosage..or only consume them on a low calorie deficient cut....all i was saying is ive used trial and error and can tell a diff when I'm off and on them...mabe I'm just training smarter hell idk ha
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ill be quick to admot i have used bcaas plenty of times and never felt any better taking thwm..I eat as good as i can with as much protein as i can intake daily.

I still to this day wont waste my money on bcaas,but as of late bwen contemplating on maybe making a splash for a 3 good months straight and take it from there.I was never impressed before with them ,but who knows what can happen now.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Ya i guess everyones different..heck ive heard several people say creatine does nothing for them,but works well for me..dnt get me wrong some supplements out there are a big waiste..i wasnt saying nothing bad abt mr.cooper cause most guys on here seem to know what they are talking abt, i just didnt understand if he was againat bcaas.....
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

I'm a fan of bcaa's for recovery but can't see how 1 gram of bcaa's would illicit any kind of response. If you want to try bcaa's, opt for a much larger dose(and powdered bcaa's, unless you don't mind swallowing a dozen horse pills)
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by blayke88
    Ya i guess everyones different..heck ive heard several people say creatine does nothing for them,but works well for me..dnt get me wrong some supplements out there are a big waiste..i wasnt saying nothing bad abt mr.cooper cause most guys on here seem to know what they are talking abt, i just didnt understand if he was againat bcaas.....
    Dude,the one thing i do is respect everyones opinion.So when u disagree with someone,i apprexiate the person more .Most uaually back down to ppl.

As for the creatinw thing.I have heard the same.Which makes abs no sense.Being creatine is the only 100% proven aupp to work.Ive seen gains and improvemnt in strength and endurance with really any creatine i used,espexially Creapure creatine
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Ya i gotcha...but there are the jerkoffs on here that think they know everything there is to know and when u see their post realize they know nothing ha...ya i like creapure I'm using universals creapure right now...pretty cheap...
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ya i gotcha...but there are the jerkoffs on here that think they know everything there is to know and when u see their post realize they know nothing ha...ya i like creapure I'm using universals creapure right now...pretty cheap...
    Yeah im using on creapure,have been for years,its awesimw..

Yeah alot of ppl think there Gods gift. There is one on here he is like 21 thinks he knows it all.Meanwhile he is just copying and pasting goigle searches,lol....one of those kids u can tell mommy and daddy never paid attention to,lol
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Lol ya i know what u mean....or the 16 year old kids who talk abt all these supplements and reviews and weigh 150 lbs wet haha....yea creatine is one of the best things you can take imo ha
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Lol ya i know what u mean....or the 16 year old kids who talk abt all these supplements and reviews and weigh 150 lbs wet haha....yea creatine is one of the best things you can take imo ha
    I agree 100% bro,lol
  23. Banned

I get what he said.. i dont think i know everything there is to know abt supps but I'm no means a noob..i was just confused abt coopers reply..as to if bcaas are worthless or if i need to up my dosage..or only consume them on a low calorie deficient cut....all i was saying is ive used trial and error and can tell a diff when I'm off and on them...mabe I'm just training smarter hell idk ha
    I think he was alluding to the fact that the particular BCAA brand you were using, or the dosage you were using, was so miniscule that it wouldn't elicit any effect. not that BCAA or Leucine are useless, just that you would need to take more. and take it pre intra and post workout for the best results. And of course as already pointed out, using it on a cut/caloric deficit (esp if your protein is lower than it should be) is probably the best, but not the only, time to take BCAA. Did your BCAA formula really have 1g of BCAA per serving? WTF? for real?
  24. Banned

Mr. Cooper displayed a poor bedside manner in this thread haha, medical jokes!
  25. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Yea from the recomended dosage its abt a gram....its universal bcaa pro...guess i need to research how much bcaas u actually need and use
  26. Banned

Yea from the recomended dosage its abt a gram....its universal bcaa pro...guess i need to research how much bcaas u actually need and use
    5-10 grams of Leucine a pop is good....BCAA maybe more depending on the ratio, 8:1:1 or 2:1:1 or anywhere inbetween.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I take recoverpro a 4:1:1 blend , two great flavors and can be had for 40 $ for 1000 grams
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  28. New Member

BCAA's are the bomb, I buy them in bulk and mix them with crystal light and pound them throughout the day on a cut, as well as pre/post workout.
    Find your new Utah home!

www.HomeFinderUtah.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. BCAA's on OFF Days?
    By jcr1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 01:21 AM
  2. BCAA on off days, yes or no
    By insane lifter in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 10:48 AM
  3. BCAA Dosage on Off Days..