Modafinil (Provigil)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Modafinil (Provigil)

Anyone using this?
    I can probably get it from my doctor because of my crazy work schedule.
    I also could just buy it myself for under $200 if he says no.
    I really want to see what it's like.
    Discuss.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I have used it. It's awesome and has a ton of utility in a sleep-deprived state (aka every day of my life), but I tend to stay away from such drugs. One use here or there for emergencies is the extent of it.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    I have used it. It's awesome and has a ton of utility in a sleep-deprived state (aka every day of my life), but I tend to stay away from such drugs. One use here or there for emergencies is the extent of it.
    So you think it may have some suppressive effects?
    I plan on using it mainly for the days at work where I can't seem to get off my ass. Once or twice a week at most.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Suppressive, maybe not. But longterm administration probably isn't a good idea unless you truly need it.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.16%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I thinking Of using in a pwo fashion, what effect did it have on your workouts and how good is it at reducing fatigue at a cns level?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I take 100mg when needed. I have severe sleep apnea and use a CPAP. I'm still adjusting to the mask so I regularly pull it off in my sleep (which is extremely annoying) so I take provigil when I need a boost. I'm in law school so studying is a big deal (6-8 hours a day) and I sometimes can't focus if I didn't sleep well. Provigil is extremely useful in that fashion.

It's effects are similar to ADD medications in that it definitely increases alertness, dries your mouth out terribly, improves concentration, allows you to go long periods without sleep, and I've stay in the library for 6 hours straight studying with it. It also gives a mood boosting effect.

It differs from ADD medication in that it is a stimulant but not amphetamine based. It's great because it doesn't give the terrible (in my opinion) stimmed feeling adderal gave me. You can go to sleep if you want while on it, even shortly after. I also find it improves my memory and retention.

Again, these are all my experiences and some people react very differently. I love it, but try to only used it when I'm really in need.

Any questions besides this feel free to PM me.
  7. Shawn26

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Anyone using this?
    I can probably get it from my doctor because of my crazy work schedule.
    I also could just buy it myself for under $200 if he says no.
    I really want to see what it's like.
    Discuss.
    I havent personally tried it, though I have unsuccessfully tried to get some in the past... but if your looking for something to give you a extra boost, and to help you better focus at work/ be on your A-game... pick demiurge it'll definitely give you what you need!
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.5%

I always wanted to try it, because I have heard many good things about it, but no dice. Any ideas? Please PM me if cannot be posted in this thread. Thanks.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Demiurge's effects last 8 plus hours for me, I would give it a shot
    doing my own thang!
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Demiurge's effects last 8 plus hours for me, I would give it a shot
    For whatever reason, Demiurge has no effect on me, even with 1/3 of the bottle taken in a single bolus dose. I have the rest of my bottles sealed and am hoping to get a refund, as my previous phenylP source worked. I know AL is legit so perhaps the batch was inconsistent?
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.57%

For whatever reason, Demiurge has no effect on me, even with 1/3 of the bottle taken in a single bolus dose. I have the rest of my bottles sealed and am hoping to get a refund, as my previous phenylP source worked. I know AL is legit so perhaps the batch was inconsistent?
    Could be; I just know that my cognition definitely increases, my mood improves, I CANNOT take it later in the day or interferes with sleep. It makes DAA more potent along stimulants that affect dopamine in a positive way. The most I have gone is 3 caps. I cannot go further than that before I get real mean and anxious.
    doing my own thang!
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Could be; I just know that my cognition definitely increases, my mood improves, I CANNOT take it later in the day or interferes with sleep. It makes DAA more potent along stimulants that affect dopamine in a positive way. The most I have gone is 3 caps. I cannot go further than that before I get real mean and anxious.
    Wow, that's similar to how I felt from my other Carphedon. I did 10 caps followed by 20 caps 3 hours later and felt nothing the entire time. I actually went to sleep about an hour after the 20 cap-dose.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.92%

200 mgs makes my days extremely productive. I can productively work for an easy 12 hours. Google "Silicone Valley CEO provigil"
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.57%

Wow, that's similar to how I felt from my other Carphedon. I did 10 caps followed by 20 caps 3 hours later and felt nothing the entire time. I actually went to sleep about an hour after the 20 cap-dose.
    Bro were you not afraid of reaching the toxicity limit? Which I believe is 750mgs, then again I am assuming you thought that it was sugar or empty pills at the point. I hope I don't get a bad batch the next time I purchase Demiurge. This stuff gets me rocking though. I was able to a substantial amount of work in much less time than normal on it as well.
    doing my own thang!
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Bro were you not afraid of reaching the toxicity limit? Which I believe is 750mgs, then again I am assuming you thought that it was sugar or empty pills at the point. I hope I don't get a bad batch the next time I purchase Demiurge. This stuff gets me rocking though. I was able to a substantial amount of work in much less time than normal on it as well.
    Where's the data on that toxicity? I had taken 800mg-1g for true emergencies with my old source and only suffered from headaches the day after.
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.57%

SORRY LOL. IT was actually 800 mg per kg. So lets say u weigh 170 lbs, the max dose would be about 6.1-6.2grams. I believe you weigh 200, so your max would be about 7.2-7.3grams.
    doing my own thang!
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

SORRY LOL. IT was actually 800 mg per kg. So lets say u weigh 170 lbs, the max dose would be about 6.1-6.2grams. I believe you weigh 200, so your max would be about 7.2-7.3grams.
    You're off by a factor of 10. 65g would be toxic for me at my bodyweight .
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.57%

wow u must be one big dude lol
    doing my own thang!
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.57%

You're off by a factor of 10. 65g would be toxic for me at my bodyweight .
    yes I should have said 62 or 63 grams, and 72-73 grams
    doing my own thang!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.03%

craze??
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I used it, until I could get my sleep study done and get my cpap for sleep apnea. Build up a tolerance to it real quick. I find most stimulants on the market to be just as good.. for me personally. Didn't think it was anything special.

Mike
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.47%

Thinking of going Nuvigil route. Any knowledge about the positives or negatives between Nuv and Prov.
  23. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.57%

Nuvigil is its advanced form, so its pricier but supposedly smoother.
    doing my own thang!
  24. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Go with armodafinil (Nuvigil). Contains just the (R) enantiomer active found in modafinil.

Adrafinil is a lot cheaper if you want to go the legal precursor route.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

I have been taking 250mg per day for the last 11 months for ADD. Even though my insurance covers it I still have a $90 co-pay and the manufactures program pays $50 of it for 1 year. With out ins coverage the pharmacy charges like $1800 for qty 30. I works great for my. Keeps my focused and give me clean energy. I usually skip weekends to lower my tolerance levels.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    I have been taking 250mg per day for the last 11 months for ADD. Even though my insurance covers it I still have a $90 co-pay and the manufactures program pays $50 of it for 1 year. With out ins coverage the pharmacy charges like $1800 for qty 30. I works great for my. Keeps my focused and give me clean energy. I usually skip weekends to lower my tolerance levels.
    damn.. thats a lot.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.08%

Has anyone had a chance to try Nuvagil yet? If so, what were your experiences?
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.35%

I've used it previously for months at a time at 50 - 100 mgs daily with a break over the weekend and I found it useful. My main use for it was to help get through monotnous tasks at work or alleviate procastination. I was able to perform at a higher level at work, consistently, but similiar to Mr Cooper I was concerned about the long-term effects and have not taken it now for two years. I may start again but only a couple of days a week - a good alternative for me has been piracetam with Focus XT.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.9%

I have a prescription but never take it because I'm worried there may belong term side effects.

But I'm seriously contemplating using it for my law school finals period. Has anyone tried it for studying?
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%

Quote Originally Posted by jamesm11 View Post
    I have a prescription but never take it because I'm worried there may belong term side effects.

But I'm seriously contemplating using it for my law school finals period. Has anyone tried it for studying?

For a short period of time like finals week.. I could only see it helping you. I do not think you will form a dependance that fast, but be in control of yourself and don't allow it to take control of you.

Mike
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.9%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench

For a short period of time like finals week.. I could only see it helping you. I do not think you will form a dependance that fast, but be in control of yourself and don't allow it to take control of you.

Mike
    I have it because of sleep apnea but take it once a month at most,only when my mask falls off
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%

Quote Originally Posted by jamesm11 View Post
    I have it because of sleep apnea but take it once a month at most,only when my mask falls off

Lol thats why i had it.. well because I failed my sleep study, but there were issues with my getting my cpap.. it took about a week to get the unit.. i didnt want a rental one.. I wanted to purchase a super tiny one on my own with the mask and all I like. They gave me modafinil to get through the week.

Just last night, i feel asleep without my mask around 1am, woke at 6:50.. pissed off as all hell.. put my mask on, slept til 9.. felt like crap pretty much all day. Its rare i forget it.. but when i do.. life just sucks!
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.08%

So I've had a chance to experiment with Nuvigil the past month and I love it! My doctor gave me a 30 tablet prescription at 150mg/tablet when I told him I wanted to give it a try to keep me awake when working late night hours. There are 50, 150, and 250mg tables and I would STRONGLY recommend to start with the lower dosages. My sweet spot is to split a 150mg tablet and take only half at night (75mg) when I need to focus for about 4-6 hours, and then optionally another half (75mg) later at night to extend my wakefulness if needed. It is a very clean mental rush which is much different than caffeine or anything such as CRAZE or Jack3d. The first time I took a dosage I made the mistake of taking 150mg at night which easily lasted for 10 hours, and gave me a headache the next day. Also, this drug is freakin' amazing as a pre-workout aid which will give you constant energy and focus. There is also the added benefit of the feel-good euphoria with the dopamine affects and very little side effects. I've also observed that you will gain tolerance very quickly so I'd definitely recommend taking it only for a few days straight, then take at least 1 or 2 days off. Also take note that the dosage of Nuvigil is equal to twice that of Provigil. I downloaded a coupon from the Nuvigil website to reduce my $5 copay to $0. As with any supplement, use with caution and don't abuse With this particular supplement, I'm easily able to have laser sharp focus for many hours without the jitters or irregular heartbeat from traditional stims. One last thing...a positive side effect is my libido is insane on Nuvigil!
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Little bit of an old post reply, but this product has just been exposed to me. I dont think anyone has really commented and how it affects gym.

Does the product replace or stack with a Pre-sup or fat burner? Can you say use it with clen or albuterol to keep you hitting the rowing machine harder, or stop you yawning in the gym at 5.30 am? I hate cardio and need help with a cut, If i did Clen/Alburol/T3 or a combo will Provigil keep me in the gym longer?
  35. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.91%

Quote Originally Posted by Warnt View Post
    Little bit of an old post reply, but this product has just been exposed to me. I dont think anyone has really commented and how it affects gym.

Does the product replace or stack with a Pre-sup or fat burner? Can you say use it with clen or albuterol to keep you hitting the rowing machine harder, or stop you yawning in the gym at 5.30 am? I hate cardio and need help with a cut, If i did Clen/Alburol/T3 or a combo will Provigil keep me in the gym longer?
    didnt do anything for me!
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.74%

It's not a stim effect, or at least for me it wasn't. That said I really only notice the biggest advantages from it when I'm up for 24+hr. and need to power through another 8, makes it feel like you are well rested and ready for another day. Great for finals in school or for double shifts.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.08%

It definitely isn't too effective for a pre-work out since it takes hours for it to kick in, and it's very easy to develop a tolerance to Provigil/Nuvigil. It does help suppress the brain's perception of time/work, so you may perhaps find it easier to perform cardio for extended periods of time. Personally, I only use it during the evening when I need to work a few more hours and need to be absolutely sharp mentally. Or if I'm only surviving on under 4 hours a sleep and I need a boost the next day at work, I'll definitely use Nuvigil to keep me focused. For pre-workout, I've used DS Nutrition's CRAZE for the past few years and it consistently helps me get the job done. I'd strongly recommended it if you need an extra boost in the morning.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.82%

Quote Originally Posted by svida View Post
    So I've had a chance to experiment with Nuvigil the past month and I love it! My doctor gave me a 30 tablet prescription at 150mg/tablet when I told him I wanted to give it a try to keep me awake when working late night hours. There are 50, 150, and 250mg tables and I would STRONGLY recommend to start with the lower dosages. My sweet spot is to split a 150mg tablet and take only half at night (75mg) when I need to focus for about 4-6 hours, and then optionally another half (75mg) later at night to extend my wakefulness if needed. It is a very clean mental rush which is much different than caffeine or anything such as CRAZE or Jack3d. The first time I took a dosage I made the mistake of taking 150mg at night which easily lasted for 10 hours, and gave me a headache the next day. Also, this drug is freakin' amazing as a pre-workout aid which will give you constant energy and focus. There is also the added benefit of the feel-good euphoria with the dopamine affects and very little side effects. I've also observed that you will gain tolerance very quickly so I'd definitely recommend taking it only for a few days straight, then take at least 1 or 2 days off. Also take note that the dosage of Nuvigil is equal to twice that of Provigil. I downloaded a coupon from the Nuvigil website to reduce my $5 copay to $0. As with any supplement, use with caution and don't abuse With this particular supplement, I'm easily able to have laser sharp focus for many hours without the jitters or irregular heartbeat from traditional stims. One last thing...a positive side effect is my libido is insane on Nuvigil!
    I did read R form is probably the one with main effect and also the one that acts as well as D2 agonist (lowers prolactin so makes you go for few more rounds in bed) so makes sense to go for armodafinil only version (Nuvigil).

Am deciding for few days now whether to order online Indian generic version called Waklert - anybody tried this version?
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.82%

Quote Originally Posted by svida View Post
    It definitely isn't too effective for a pre-work out since it takes hours for it to kick in, and it's very easy to develop a tolerance to Provigil/Nuvigil. It does help suppress the brain's perception of time/work, so you may perhaps find it easier to perform cardio for extended periods of time. Personally, I only use it during the evening when I need to work a few more hours and need to be absolutely sharp mentally. Or if I'm only surviving on under 4 hours a sleep and I need a boost the next day at work, I'll definitely use Nuvigil to keep me focused. For pre-workout, I've used DS Nutrition's CRAZE for the past few years and it consistently helps me get the job done. I'd strongly recommended it if you need an extra boost in the morning.
    What dosing would you recommend so not to hit tolerance?

I don't know example 3 days on then 2 days off or 5 days on/2 days off cause I'm interested in long term effects of armodafinil on brain functioning or promoting new nerve connections and other potential brain benefits not to just use when need to be awake for few extra hours.
  40. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.35%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

Mike
    Mike makes a really good point. A few years ago, I used it on odd days to improve performance at work and it did. However, fairly quickly I was taking it every day. I never suffered any negative effects, but after a few months my paranoia set in and I just didn't feel comfortable taking something daily that has no long-term safety studies behind it. I take it now, but with any kind of regularity and only when I know I have a very challenging day.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Provigil (Modafinil)
    By jdev in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 08:26 PM
  2. Provigil/Meridia/Rimonobant?
    By Mitosis in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 06:58 AM
  3. 2nd Superdrol Cycle / Provigil (Modafinil)
    By POTR33 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 01:37 PM
  4. Oral recipe for Modafinil?
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 02:57 AM