Best protein/BCAAs?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Best protein/BCAAs?

For their prices, what is the best kind of protein to buy? Also, I'm using a 12:1:1 BCAA powder...should I stay on it? Or is the ratio too high?

2. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MANdrew View Post
    For their prices, what is the best kind of protein to buy? Also, I'm using a 12:1:1 BCAA powder...should I stay on it? Or is the ratio too high?
    I am extremely partial to All Max Isoflex. Great taste and the quality seems to be spot on.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

the ratio is pointless if you ask me, i use aminox and amino energy with bulk leucine. i enjoy myofusion probiotic, you will get 20 different answers with this question
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    the ratio is pointless if you ask me, i use aminox and amino energy with bulk leucine. i enjoy myofusion probiotic, you will get 20 different answers with this question
    Lol, much more than that. There are threads with the same title as this starting every week. It's ridiculous.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Im using the old xtend for bcaas. For proteins myo pro, trutean Or protean by i force..
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

i also use purple wraath, body mortar, recover pro, dymatize fusion 7, ultimate nutrition pro star
    www.lgsciences.com
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Purple Wraath is awesome but expensive.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I also love amino energy, the flavor is so strong you can add just about anything to it, it replaced soda for me
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Answers

i use Intek Protein Evolution and Recover Pro with Blox.....
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rotormedic View Post
    i use Intek Protein Evolution and Recover Pro with Blox.....
    blox is delicious but the price is rediculous and im not sold on saa's quite yet
    www.lgsciences.com
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    blox is delicious but the price is rediculous and im not sold on saa's quite yet
    You can get bulk for $9.99 per 100 grams.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

for a great protein with an amazing flavor selection (Vanilla Mint Swirl being my personal favorite) check out Protean from iForce. The taste, mixability, and quality is great.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T View Post
    for a great protein with an amazing flavor selection (Vanilla Mint Swirl being my personal favorite) check out Protean from iForce. The taste, mixability, and quality is great.
    I can definitely vouch for VMS, a truly superb protein.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I can definitely vouch for VMS, a truly superb protein.
    Agreed, VMS is on a whole different level than other proteins. The thick creamy texture and awesome taste make is great. As for bcaa's OP, i think 12:1:1 is pointless, would be much cheaper to just buy bulk leucine, which yours.. basically is. Power Shock by VPX has amino nitrates, NO Synthesize by VPX has a ton of amino's plus much more, Amino X by BSN tastes damn good.. modern bcaa is very good..the list goes on.

If you are using your amino's intra-workout, I'd suggest buying some cheap bulk bcaa's 2:1:1, adding 4-6g into 2 scoops of compete which already contains 5g of whey hydrolysate in 2 scoops. It's a very complete intra-workout product that has gotten a ton of great feedback. Even 1 scoop intra would do you much better with the addition of a little bcaa's. Whey Hydrolysate IMO is far superior, and adding extra amino's to a full amino spectrum will seal the deal.

Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench

Agreed, VMS is on a whole different level than other proteins. The thick creamy texture and awesome taste make is great. As for bcaa's OP, i think 12:1:1 is pointless, would be much cheaper to just buy bulk leucine, which yours.. basically is. Power Shock by VPX has amino nitrates, NO Synthesize by VPX has a ton of amino's plus much more, Amino X by BSN tastes damn good.. modern bcaa is very good..the list goes on.

If you are using your amino's intra-workout, I'd suggest buying some cheap bulk bcaa's 2:1:1, adding 4-6g into 2 scoops of compete which already contains 5g of whey hydrolysate in 2 scoops. It's a very complete intra-workout product that has gotten a ton of great feedback. Even 1 scoop intra would do you much better with the addition of a little bcaa's. Whey Hydrolysate IMO is far superior, and adding extra amino's to a full amino spectrum will seal the deal.

Mike
    Thank you, that's the answer I've been looking for! Yeah, I'm kinda new to this whole supplement game, so I guess I should listen to you guys instead of sales associates...
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Look into protein factory. Best selection of protein but they lack in expensive shipping and flavors.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

My favorite proteins at the moment:
    TruTein
    Muscle Infusion
    Gold Whey Standard
    Combat Powder

BCAA's:
    BLOX
    AminoX
    Aminolast
    DEFY
    Modern BCAA
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

If you're looking for flavored bcaa's, i find recoverpro to be one of the better tasting ones. Watermelon xtend isn't too bad either. For price, the bulk modern bcaa's aren't terrible either
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Agree with you. Power Shock is a solid product.
    Just bought some BSN Amino X this week, the only thing about it, is they don't say what ratio the BCAAs are in, but price and taste considered, it's not a bad product.
    Recover Pro is good on taste, and if you buy the bulk tub, the price is right. Just take into account you're gonna want to start at 2 scoops.

Can anyone answer for me from personal experience if there's a difference between USPLabs Modern BCAA, and USPowders? Is USPowders a sub company of USPLabs?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best protein/BCAA dosing protocol ?
    By johnyq in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
  2. best protein
    By thebigt in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 11:12 AM
  3. best protein before bed?
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements