Best protein/BCAAs?

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
For their prices, what is the best kind of protein to buy? Also, I'm using a 12:1:1 BCAA powder...should I stay on it? Or is the ratio too high?

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
For their prices, what is the best kind of protein to buy? Also, I'm using a 12:1:1 BCAA powder...should I stay on it? Or is the ratio too high?
I am extremely partial to All Max Isoflex. Great taste and the quality seems to be spot on.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
the ratio is pointless if you ask me, i use aminox and amino energy with bulk leucine. i enjoy myofusion probiotic, you will get 20 different answers with this question

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the ratio is pointless if you ask me, i use aminox and amino energy with bulk leucine. i enjoy myofusion probiotic, you will get 20 different answers with this question
Lol, much more than that. There are threads with the same title as this starting every week. It's ridiculous.

ONSWOL

ONSWOL

Awards
Im using the old xtend for bcaas. For proteins myo pro, trutean Or protean by i force..

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i also use purple wraath, body mortar, recover pro, dymatize fusion 7, ultimate nutrition pro star

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
I also love amino energy, the flavor is so strong you can add just about anything to it, it replaced soda for me

Rotormedic

Awards
i use Intek Protein Evolution and Recover Pro with Blox.....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i use Intek Protein Evolution and Recover Pro with Blox.....
blox is delicious but the price is rediculous and im not sold on saa's quite yet

GHO5T

Awards
for a great protein with an amazing flavor selection (Vanilla Mint Swirl being my personal favorite) check out Protean from iForce. The taste, mixability, and quality is great.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
for a great protein with an amazing flavor selection (Vanilla Mint Swirl being my personal favorite) check out Protean from iForce. The taste, mixability, and quality is great.
I can definitely vouch for VMS, a truly superb protein.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can definitely vouch for VMS, a truly superb protein.
Agreed, VMS is on a whole different level than other proteins. The thick creamy texture and awesome taste make is great. As for bcaa's OP, i think 12:1:1 is pointless, would be much cheaper to just buy bulk leucine, which yours.. basically is. Power Shock by VPX has amino nitrates, NO Synthesize by VPX has a ton of amino's plus much more, Amino X by BSN tastes damn good.. modern bcaa is very good..the list goes on.

If you are using your amino's intra-workout, I'd suggest buying some cheap bulk bcaa's 2:1:1, adding 4-6g into 2 scoops of compete which already contains 5g of whey hydrolysate in 2 scoops. It's a very complete intra-workout product that has gotten a ton of great feedback. Even 1 scoop intra would do you much better with the addition of a little bcaa's. Whey Hydrolysate IMO is far superior, and adding extra amino's to a full amino spectrum will seal the deal.

Mike

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, VMS is on a whole different level than other proteins. The thick creamy texture and awesome taste make is great. As for bcaa's OP, i think 12:1:1 is pointless, would be much cheaper to just buy bulk leucine, which yours.. basically is. Power Shock by VPX has amino nitrates, NO Synthesize by VPX has a ton of amino's plus much more, Amino X by BSN tastes damn good.. modern bcaa is very good..the list goes on.

If you are using your amino's intra-workout, I'd suggest buying some cheap bulk bcaa's 2:1:1, adding 4-6g into 2 scoops of compete which already contains 5g of whey hydrolysate in 2 scoops. It's a very complete intra-workout product that has gotten a ton of great feedback. Even 1 scoop intra would do you much better with the addition of a little bcaa's. Whey Hydrolysate IMO is far superior, and adding extra amino's to a full amino spectrum will seal the deal.

Mike
Thank you, that's the answer I've been looking for! Yeah, I'm kinda new to this whole supplement game, so I guess I should listen to you guys instead of sales associates...

Callejul

Awards
Look into protein factory. Best selection of protein but they lack in expensive shipping and flavors.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
My favorite proteins at the moment:
TruTein
Muscle Infusion
Gold Whey Standard
Combat Powder

BCAA's:
BLOX
AminoX
Aminolast
DEFY
Modern BCAA

sharperunner

Awards
If you're looking for flavored bcaa's, i find recoverpro to be one of the better tasting ones. Watermelon xtend isn't too bad either. For price, the bulk modern bcaa's aren't terrible either

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Agree with you. Power Shock is a solid product.
Just bought some BSN Amino X this week, the only thing about it, is they don't say what ratio the BCAAs are in, but price and taste considered, it's not a bad product.
Recover Pro is good on taste, and if you buy the bulk tub, the price is right. Just take into account you're gonna want to start at 2 scoops.

Can anyone answer for me from personal experience if there's a difference between USPLabs Modern BCAA, and USPowders? Is USPowders a sub company of USPLabs?