1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.5%

Sprint Training Pre workout/supplement

Hello all,

I'm a college student and I play rugby and I've been following a workout that I created myself with a lot of research. I'm looking to start using supplements and maximize my results. I've been weight lifting for almost 8 years now but recently starting to get into running. I've taken pre workouts before but nothing other than that.

My workouts start Monday with sprint training, about an hour long. Tuesdays is legs, chest and triceps. Wednesday I do shoulders and distance running started with one mile doing around 2 and half now, this is an intense jog. I'm completely drained after the run, I'm not just casual jogging the distance goal I have set in my mind. Thursdays I do hips, back, and biceps. Then Friday I do another sprint training workout. I've been thinking lately that this workout is somewhat contraindicative. I'm not really sure but if anybody has any thoughts on this that would be great.

Another question is that I know good supplements for lifting but I have no idea about any pre workouts for sprinting, please let me know if you can or if you can point me in the right direction. If you know a good supplement please provide me information on how it works I would appreciate it.

The supplements I'm starting next week are as follows: I'm getting a pre workout for lifting, not sure yet but thinking about trying the new nano vapor I used the original 4 years ago and enjoyed it so I'm hoping it will have an even better affect on me now, I've seen a lot of bad reviews on it but think I'm going to try it still, every bodies body is different you know? Any feed back on it would be nice too. I'm going to start using testosterone boosters my roommate has recommended them to me and I've done my research and gonna give them a shot. Next I'm going to use creatine as well I've read a lot of stuff about sprinters using them and I know they are good for lifting as well so it makes sense with my workout to start on this as well. And lastly I'm going to get a multivitamin so my body can handle the intense workouts.

To review my questions: workout evaluation, not required but appreciated, sprint training pre workout this is my main reason for the post and something that will work well with the supplements that I'm starting to use, and any recommendations on the supplements I'm start would be nice too. If anybody knows good workouts for rugby this would also be helpful.

Thank you all for your time and future posts.

--Taylor Trigger

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

The first supplement that comes to mind is citrulline malate. Hemavol has 2.5g pre serving and it taste like candy! Plus it's completely stim free so you can stack it just about anything.

3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%
    Achievements Posting Pro

7g SNS cit-mal + 2 scoops iforce compete sounds good to me for running/endurance type training
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    The first supplement that comes to mind is citrulline malate. Hemavol has 2.5g pre serving and it taste like candy! Plus it's completely stim free so you can stack it just about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    7g SNS cit-mal + 2 scoops iforce compete sounds good to me for running/endurance type training
    Hemavol + Compete sounds perfect for what you want to do.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    agreed. if you prefer supps in bulk, u could go with beta alanine, creatine and BCAAs
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

7g, really? 5g is enough for me! Agree with this set up though, I'd rather run compete intra; at most I would do 1 scoop of hemavol if you are running, you may experience pumps that can make sprinting more difficult. Maybe not though, so you'd have to experiment. If your body tolerates hemavol well when sprinting, and the pumps don't interfere, you are going to notice a drastic increase in performance. I would start low and work up to what you can tolerate, as far as hemavol is concerned. 1/2 scoop hemavol pre, + 1/2 scoop intra with 2 scoops of compete, will work awesome for you IMO.

Mike
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

For sprint training, you'd want to be saturated with creatine and beta-alanine, and for acute effects, I'd use citrulline malate and COP.

So:

SNS Magnesium Creatine Chelate
    SNS Beta-alanine caps
    SNS Citrulline Malate
    SNS Creatinol O Phosphate

OR

MAN Body Octane
    MAN Clout
    SNS Creatinol-O-Phosphate
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

I do a lot of sprint work and my go-to stack right now is iForce Compete + SNS COP + SNS Beta alanine.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    7g, really? 5g is enough for me! Agree with this set up though, I'd rather run compete intra; at most I would do 1 scoop of hemavol if you are running, you may experience pumps that can make sprinting more difficult. Maybe not though, so you'd have to experiment. If your body tolerates hemavol well when sprinting, and the pumps don't interfere, you are going to notice a drastic increase in performance. I would start low and work up to what you can tolerate, as far as hemavol is concerned. 1/2 scoop hemavol pre, + 1/2 scoop intra with 2 scoops of compete, will work awesome for you IMO.

Mike
    ive used up to 9g cit-mal pre
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.69%

Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T View Post
    I do a lot of sprint work and my go-to stack right now is iForce Compete + SNS COP + SNS Beta alanine.
    This...Im currently out of SNS CoP but am doing the Compete + SNS BA for my hill sprints.....I am pleased
    IForce Nutrition online forum/message board rep
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    Can't really go wrong with this stack, it helped a few lads in my group a lot. They hunk imam some supplement genius now, little do they know I make sure I follow this quoted lot on here!

:EvilLaughter:

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    agreed. if you prefer supps in bulk, u could go with beta alanine, creatine and BCAAs
    Again can't go Wrong here if cost is really a concern

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    For sprint training, you'd want to be saturated with creatine and beta-alanine, and for acute effects, I'd use citrulline malate and COP.

So:

SNS Magnesium Creatine Chelate
    SNS Beta-alanine caps
    SNS Citrulline Malate
    SNS Creatinol O Phosphate

OR

MAN Body Octane
    MAN Clout
    SNS Creatinol-O-Phosphate
    Finally a mention of MAN , that too from the Legendary Coop , high praise indeed.

Like the new avatar Coop

:NoHomo:
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

ive used up to 9g cit-mal pre
    Okay, big boi

Similar Forum Threads

1. A good pre-workout supplement
    By brewspew in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 05:35 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 08:03 PM
  3. Pre-workout Supplement Review
    By ShakesAllDay in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 01:45 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 11:41 PM
  5. Best "non-jittery" pre-workout supplement?
    By cpa5oh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 08:44 PM