Lean Muscle

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.52%

Lean Muscle

Hey everybody, this is my first ever post and I just have a supplement question for putting on lean muscle. I have weighed 255 lbs for about two years, but this summer I have dropped to 215 and I hope to get down to 200 before packing muscle on. I already have a pretty big physique, I'm about 15% body fat at 215 now, and now I just want to impress people with my muscle definition. I have been taking whey protein during my weight loss efforts. What do you guys recommend for me to take to pack on the lean muscle? I have been researching creatine and other proteins but would love your input. Thanks a lot.

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by durbank View Post
    and now I just want to impress people with my muscle definition.
    Sounds like you have some self esteem issues bud.

I workout for me and me only..Dont wear tank tops in the gym or even in public and im in good shape.I dont grunt and groan and look for attention..im in gym in hoodies during winter and baggy, ****ty or torn up T's rest of year,cause i train for me and cause i love lifting. Not cause i need attention.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by durbank
    Hey everybody, this is my first ever post and I just have a supplement question for putting on lean muscle. I have weighed 255 lbs for about two years, but this summer I have dropped to 215 and I hope to get down to 200 before packing muscle on. I already have a pretty big physique, I'm about 15% body fat at 215 now, and now I just want to impress people with my muscle definition. I have been taking whey protein during my weight loss efforts. What do you guys recommend for me to take to pack on the lean muscle? I have been researching creatine and other proteins but would love your input. Thanks a lot.
    First, congratulations on the weight loss. Second, food will pack on the muscle. Id suggest a GDA supplement like glycobol or slinshot, any blend of protein will work.. but i like isolate the best. Any creatine will suffice.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.48%

In an effort to better help you figure this out why don't you tell us all your stats. Height, weight, exercise routine, diet, etc.
    There are an insane number of supplements but none of them is a magic pill- pun intended.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.52%

I don't have self esteem issues, everybody likes to look good. Anyway, I am 5'10", 215 lbs. I have been doing a lot of cardio lately to lose weight and pretty heavy lifting so that I lose my fat but not too much muscle. The cardio I have been doing everyday and I lift four days a week.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.52%

As for diet, I have been on a 1500 calorie diet to help aid the weight loss. When I hit my goal, I will definitely increase that.
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.89%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999
    Sounds like you have some self esteem issues bud.

I workout for me and me only..Dont wear tank tops in the gym or even in public and im in good shape.I dont grunt and groan and look for attention..im in gym in hoodies during winter and baggy, ****ty or torn up T's rest of year,cause i train for me and cause i love lifting. Not cause i need attention.
    Hell does that have to do with what he is asking?

OP, eat up on quality foods and proteins and get a solid lifting routine and add in cardio here & there too. Recipe for success.
    A single supplement along won't help pack on mass, swallowing pills w/o a sturdy diet to back it up will have u waisting money & seeing no gains real fast...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.48%

I don't have self esteem issues, everybody likes to look good. Anyway, I am 5'10", 215 lbs. I have been doing a lot of cardio lately to lose weight and pretty heavy lifting so that I lose my fat but not too much muscle. The cardio I have been doing everyday and I lift four days a week.
    I may be wrong but hear me out...

We are about the same size in terms of height and I am currently at about 185 pounds and am about 16% body fat maybe more. My point: unless you have an insane amount of muscle your BF% is probably higher. COnsider getting your self to sub 185 before packng on the muscle. Next, like most on this site have already stated one supp or any combination of supps isn't going to make be the magic pill, most really just provide the extra umph we need to get to the next level.

You and I seem to be walking similar paths in regard to goals. A program that has been helpful to me has been the IF/leangains system - the process is longer but the results are in line with your expectation. Something I learned from AaronJP1 is that you must make a choice either lose first or pack on the mass, if you want immediate results because the two won't happen at the same time-on a short time frame-and my reason for mentioning th IF/Leangains systm.

I'd consider adding a fatburner, something like AT2 or OEP as this will help get you into that 12-15% bf range. Some people talk about using both at the same time but the sensation for me was way too much-keyed up. Couple this with your diet being on the same path as it has been and you seem on track to have achieve some good gains and body recomposition over the long term-probably the best way to
    succeed.

In regard to creatine, supplementing with 5 grams on workout days should be sufficient if your diet is on point. Meaning, If you are eating whole foods, lean meats-grilled or broiled, vegatables, fruits-low Glycemic index fruits, etc your body will e getting most if not all the nutrients it needs.

Also, Impress away all that you'd like...there are plenty of trolls focused on finding a reason to talk **** or undermine the hard work, time and dedication people put in to turning their lives around and impowering themselves. Nothing adds a little swagger to you step than showing off what your have been capable of doing when done right.

All the best.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.52%

Thanks a lot guys. JosNYC, I actually went to a doctor to find out my body fat and it was measured out to be 15.8%.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.52%

AaronJP1, i appreciate your response as well and will keep everything you said in mind!
  11. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Hell does that have to do with what he is asking?

The dude is from Queens. There is only one real boro of NYC and that is Brooklyn!
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    The dude is from Queens. There is only one real boro of NYC and that is Brooklyn!
    Lmao,you are funny man!!! Believe what you like..We are all entitled to our opinions,even if there entirely wrong
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    Yes sir! "Brooklyn"
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.48%

Thanks a lot guys. JosNYC, I actually went to a doctor to find out my body fat and it was measured out to be 15.8%.
    Wow! You've got some serious muscle on you at 5'10" if you get into that 185pound range you'll be shredded.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.3%

OP look into a pre workout. It has it's effects as a motivational supplement. Doesn't mess with anything. Could help u burn more fat. Or a fat burner with its thermo properties. There's no wonder supplement that will do this over night or even in a month. It's a combination of your DEDICATION, DIET, TRAINING. Supplements help with small stuff I.e pumps, endurance, increase sweat and metabolism so on blah blah. But nothing like what you can do for yourself with just being on a proper routine and diet. And congrats btw keep it up. Lean and mean brother
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.48%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Ahem! The original and undisputed boro of NYC is the borough thats so nice that they named it twice.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.52%

I already have a good amount of muscle, but more can never hurt haha I'll just lose some more fat and keep up with a solid routine. I'll make sure I have a solid diet as well. What pre workouts do you guys use? Never used one before and would like your input. A decent pre workout with thermic properties would be great!
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.52%

Thermogenic* properties, not sure if there even are any.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.02%

1500 cals at your size seems low even for a Cut. I eat more than that when dieting an I weigh 180
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.52%

I've lost forty pounds in a month and a half.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.64%

I've lost forty pounds in a month and a half.
    What did you do? Give birth?
    Peace
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.3%

Lol op I haven't tried as many as the other guys, I'm gonna get muscle marinade next. Currently using one more rep it's good. Super pump is old school ppl like that too. There's a lot of pre workout threads. I'd start off with a cheap 15-20 dollar one off nutraplanet

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Best Lean Muscle Stack
    By DumbRussian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 02:11 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 08:20 PM
  3. Best stack for Lean Muscle Gains
    By powerhouse21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 06:14 PM
  4. Replies: 1