Iforce compete vs man bodyoctane

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

Iforce compete vs man bodyoctane

Which would be better for endurance/performance if you had topick one?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.45%

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlentz View Post
    The two are pretty different products/profiles: Compete is a great recovery and pre/intra product, while Body Octane is a stim-free pre workout with an excellent profile for endurance (and competitive lifting/athletics as well). For overall endurance/performance it has to go to MAN Body Octane. Cit Mal, BA, and LCLT combine in Body Octane to make it the superior product in terms of the parameters you describe. However, I personally love Compete and stacking both would provide a great endurance and recovery combo.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

MAN Body Octane-- Fits better for what you described.
    I have always thought it was a great endurance product. One of the best I have ever used.
    I'm Back...
    •   

Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

Are y'all praising octane based off one scoop or
    Two?
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.86%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

MAN Clout is also great MAN product.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.35%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Based on their profiles, what are you considering using this for? You may at some point, want to consider trying both as everything works differently for one another. I never used body octane, but compete has def helped my endurance in the gym.

Mike
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.45%

Quote Originally Posted by pressureSpike
    Are y'all praising octane based off one scoop or
    Two?
    Two
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

IMO, you can't go wrong with either. I suggest body octane to many people, so I believe that it is a great product that doesn't get enough respect.

The more i study/research Beta Alanine however, the happier and happier I am that we no longer include it in our products(except for the bulk 500g tub we sell).

High-velocity intermittent running: effects of beta-alanine supplementation.

Smith-Ryan AE, Fukuda DH, Stout JR, Kendall KL.

Abstract
    ABSTRACT: The use of β-alanine in sport is widespread. However, the effects across all sport activities are inconclusive. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of β-alanine supplementation on high-intensity running performance and critical velocity (CV) and anaerobic running capacity (ARC). Fifty-recreationally trained men and were randomly assigned, in a double-blind fashion, to a β-alanine (BA, 2 × 800 mg tabs, 3 × daily; CarnoSyn; n=26) or placebo (PL, 2 x 800 mg maltodextrin tabs, 3 × daily; n=24) group. A graded exercise test (GXT) was performed to establish peak velocity (PV). Three high-speed runs to exhaustion were conducted at 110, 100, and 90% of PV, with 15 min of rest between bouts. The distances achieved were plotted over the times-to-exhaustion (TTE). Linear regression was used to determine the slope (CV) and y-intercept (ARC) of these relationships to assess aerobic and anaerobic performances, respectively. There were no significant treatment effects (p>0.05) on CV or ARC, for either men or women. Additionally, no TTE effects were evident for bouts at 90-110PV lasting 1.95-5.06 min. There seems to be no ergogenic effect of β-alanine supplementation on CV, ARC, or high-intensity running lasting approximately 2-5 min, in either men or women in the current study.
    Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on sprint endurance.
    Jagim AR, Wright GA, Brice AG, Doberstein ST.
    SourceExercise & Sport Science1, Biology Dept2, UW-La Crosse, La Crosse, WI.

Abstract
    PURPOSE: Recent research has shown that beta-alanine supplementation can increase intramuscular carnosine levels. Carnosine is an intramuscular buffer and has been linked to improvements in performance, specifically during bouts of high intensity exercise that are likely limited by muscle acidosis. Therefore the purpose of this study was to examine the effect of beta-alanine supplementation (BA) on sprint endurance at two different supramaximal intensities.

METHODS: Twenty-one anaerobically trained [rugby players (n=4), wrestlers (n=11) and recreationally strength-trained athletes (n=6)] college men participated in a double blind, placebo controlled study. Subjects performed an incremental VO2 max test and two sprint to exhaustion tests set at 115% and 140% of their VO2 max on a motorized treadmill before (PRE) and after (POST) a 5 week supplementation period. During this time subjects ingested either a BA supplement or placebo (PLA) with meals. Subjects ingested 4g /day of BA or PLA during the first week and 6g/day the following 4 weeks. Capillary blood samples were taken before and after each sprint to determine blood lactate response to the sprint exercise RESULTS No significant group (BA, PLA) x intensity (115%, 140%; p=0.60), group by time (PRE, POST; p=0.72), or group x intensity x time (p=0.74) interactions were observed for time to exhaustion (See Table 1). In addition, similar non-significant observations were made for lactate response to the sprints (group x intensity, p=0.43; group x time, p=0.33, group x intensity x time, p=0.56)

CONCLUSION: From the results of the current study, it was concluded that beta-alanine supplementation did not have a significant effect on sprint endurance at supramaximal intensities.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

Quote Originally Posted by rehj

Two
    33$ for 15 days is my beef with octane and the reason I don't buy it anymore
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.39%

Quote Originally Posted by pressureSpike View Post
    This.
    Bodyoctane is kinda the holy grail of both recovery and endurance, but it's too expensive.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.65%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 3utcher View Post
    This.
    Bodyoctane is kinda the holy grail of both recovery and endurance, but it's too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    IMO, you can't go wrong with either. I suggest body octane to many people, so I believe that it is a great product that doesn't get enough respect.

The more i study/research Beta Alanine however, the happier and happier I am that we no longer include it in our products(except for the bulk 500g tub we sell).
    VT this may be a sticky topic , but do you think MAN products in general are bit under-rated? SCorch for eg has no takers, most lads are actually surprised I run it ( I am the kinds who will go off the convention line pretty easy).

I dont think they actually are arsed with promoting themselves much.

@ Spike and Butcher : What has your experience been with their line.
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Invycktus View Post
    VT this may be a sticky topic , but do you think MAN products in general are bit under-rated? SCorch for eg has no takers, most lads are actually surprised I run it ( I am the kinds who will go off the convention line pretty easy).

I think that MAN makes great products for the most part.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.24%

I think MAN products mainly just get overlooked. They are not promoted or pimped out on the forums that often but have pretty solid formulas. CLOUT was easily one of the best creatines I have used.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

I love octane hands down one of the best products I ever used I remember octane was 50 servings for the price y'all selling it for 30 servings now. I used to use octane with orotine with great results.

Just too expensive now especially when u can buy bulk beta cit and lclt for cheap
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

When Body Octane was 50 servings per tub it was a no brainer. The 30 serving tubs make it a little harder of a choice but it is an amazing product. For performance I'd say look into Clout + SNS Citrulline Malate and/or SNS COP.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.65%

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    I think that MAN makes great products for the most part.
    Agree. I kinda liked their Scorch formula. Something I could bear.

Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    I think MAN products mainly just get overlooked. They are not promoted or pimped out on the forums that often but have pretty solid formulas. CLOUT was easily one of the best creatines I have used.
    This is what I was thinking, but I was trying to dig deeper as to, is there a reason?
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I love octane hands down one of the best products I ever used I remember octane was 50 servings for the price y'all selling it for 30 servings now. I used to use octane with orotine with great results.

Just too expensive now especially when u can buy bulk beta cit and lclt for cheap
    Beat me to it.
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

Agree. I kinda liked their Scorch formula. Something I could bear.

This is what I was thinking, but I was trying to dig deeper as to, is there a reason?
    MAN is a solid company. Sure there are some forum politics and crap, but you tend to see lots of companies that are popular online just due to reps and constant exposure rather than truly solid formulas unfortunately.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    MAN is a solid company. Sure there are some forum politics and crap, but you tend to see lots of companies that are popular online just due to reps and constant exposure rather than truly solid formulas unfortunately.
    Basically.

MAN Sports IMO dont have a solid rep team, at least not in AM.

great reps (PES, SNS..etc) goes a long way especially if your pushing great products.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.65%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Agree, I am glad that for a noob, my thought process is in the right direction.
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

I'm using Compete for the sole purpose of performance (amateur boxing) and Im very happy.

I sometimes add, SNS COP + SNS Cit Mall with it.

My fav. part of Compete is the 2 grams LCLT, Rhodiola Rosea and Vinpocetine with the Mental Edge portion of Compete being the selling point for me.
  22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

Basically.

MAN Sports IMO dont have a solid rep team, at least not in AM.

great reps (PES, SNS..etc) goes a long way especially if your pushing great products.
    Unfortunately it can go along way even if you push crap products. But the PES and SNS guys do push some solid products. Unfortunately MAN doesn't have a ton of reps at most places (from what I have seen) and they aren't cheap products either.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

Im buying another bottle of Compete and going to be adding MAN Orotine with it.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.45%

Quote Originally Posted by pressureSpike

It's been a while since I've used Body Octane I didn't realize it had been switched from 50 to 30 servings. That's unfortunate. Personally I prefer to buy in bulk and mix my own concoctions for much cheaper (and in some cases more adequate doses of ingredients).
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

Quote Originally Posted by rehj View Post
    It's been a while since I've used Body Octane I didn't realize it had been switched from 50 to 30 servings. That's unfortunate. Personally I prefer to buy in bulk and mix my own concoctions for much cheaper (and in some cases more adequate doses of ingredients).
    its been 30 servings for a minute now

I can deal with paying 50 servings for 33$, they would of had a customer til this day. Not sure why its so expensive
  26. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

yea, ~$30/50 servings is a great deal
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.39%

Scorch : too much energy for me, appetite control was definitely good.
    Clout : helped me to get 1-2 supplements reps with my big lifts. It aggravates my acne for whatever reason (mg ?) so I stopped it.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

Has anyone actually used both of these products for comparison sake?
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.45%

Has anyone actually used both of these products for comparison sake?
    Yes, I've done both and stand by what I said earlier. If money isn't an issue than go with Body Octane for the overall endurance benefits. However, you can't go wrong with either product and Compete is a great intra workout product that promotes endurance and recovery. In terms of the outline you gave I'd say Body Octane provides more of what you are looking for though.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.42%

For what u looking for if u can afford running octane two scoops then do that
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.46%

2 different products imo....i enjoy BO but never tried compete, though judging by the profile i dont see why i wouldnt like it
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

Quote Originally Posted by rehj View Post
    Yes, I've done both and stand by what I said earlier. If money isn't an issue than go with Body Octane for the overall endurance benefits. However, you can't go wrong with either product and Compete is a great intra workout product that promotes endurance and recovery. In terms of the outline you gave I'd say Body Octane provides more of what you are looking for though.
    Thankyou sir, exactly what i was lookin for
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.4%

Both are very solid products. Can't go wrong with either.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  34. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.74%

MAN Sports has always put out solid stuff.
    I'm Back...
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.35%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Im buying another bottle of Compete and going to be adding MAN Orotine with it.

Should be a good time!
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.35%

Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    Both are very solid products. Can't go wrong with either.
    ^this. using both would definitely be a good option, but if you're limited to one, I'd say either should be good
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

Similar Forum Threads

1. barcelona vs man u.
    By mytime09 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 02:27 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
  3. This guy is crazy strong! lamborghini vs man
    By rabican in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 10:56 PM