Low Blood Sugar... - AnabolicMinds.com

Low Blood Sugar...

Low Blood Sugar...

I have a problem with chronic low blood sugar. I think its called hypoglycemic? I can't figure out a way to keep it stable and I have a problem with temper/ depression when its low. Really starting to be a problem any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Bro, I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia (low-blood sugar) several months ago.

Have you seen a doctor for this? When I went, they had me fast for 12 hours before the visit. Then, they gave me a 100g dextrose drink and tested my blood every 30 minutes for 4 hours. Within 1.5 hrs my blood glucose was 31 (a very dangerous level).

Basically, the doc said to avoid processed carbs/sugars, told me that steroids would aggravate the condition, and to eat small frequent meals containing protein and fats. Basically eat like a bodybuilder should. I currently eat about a 40/30/30 diet and have around 6 meals a day--this has kept it in check.

I've gotten to the point where I can tell if my blood sugar is getting low now. If I get over-anxious, cold/sweaty, shakey, or depressed/emotional I know my blood glucose levels are low. So I eat a small meal/snack and within 15-20 minutes I am normal again.

My advice is to see a doctor and get your diet in check. Also, don't let your bodyfat get too high.

If someone have Hypoglycemia, they should become familiar with the glycemic index, a measure of a food's ability to affect blood sugar levels. Some Foods people think to be ok, like Potatoes, are just as highly glucose spiking as Table Sugar.

http://www.glycemicindex.com
    •   

Food for thought guys.

I had this guy that came to my work looking for something to balance his insulin (young guy with diabetes taking insulin shots).
    Hes taking 300mg ALA a couple times a day and it actually REPLACED his insulin shot. He checked himself with a glucometer and everything. Amazing eh?
  5. Jag
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    Food for thought guys.

I had this guy that came to my work looking for something to balance his insulin (young guy with diabetes taking insulin shots).
    Hes taking 300mg ALA a couple times a day and it actually REPLACED his insulin shot. He checked himself with a glucometer and everything. Amazing eh?
    i've actually heard this to. i think it was one of the major points when it first started becoming popular.

i'd just add though that the ALA that Edge mentioned is Alpha Lipoic Acid as it can also be referred to as Alpha Linoleic Acid (the fat)

screwbols advice is good to. i did a keto diet for a year or so & never had it once whereas i used to get it (or feel it coming on) 3 or 4 times a week.
    keto was my cure for hypoglycemia.

although i'm not doing strict keto now i eat plenty of protein, good fats & low glycemic carbs & i don't get it at all anymore.

Jag

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I take 400 to 600mg of R-ALA per day.

But getting the diet down is by far the most important part of controlling low blood sugar.

I'm type 2 diabetic, so I know how the hypoglycemic thing feels..

When I take Alpha Lipoic Acid I feel alot better, which is why I tend to use it year-round.. My problem is I'm insulin resistant, so my blood sugar gets too high, and I'll get restless and cranky.. Last I got checked, my blood glucose was 268mg/dl, which is really high.. A good combo that works for me is 100mg R for every 200mg racemic..

I feel alot better on ALA than metformin..

Similar Forum Threads

1. extreme low blood sugar from ephedrine
    By 51FTY in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 05:48 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 10:59 PM
  3. Anabolic Pump and low blood sugar. Bad combo?
    By RoboGiblets in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 11:15 PM
  4. Low blood sugar help
    By Jayhawkk in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 08:48 PM
  5. Ketogenic and blood sugar
    By WYD02 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 10:15 PM