First Test E 500mg/week to help w/recovery...Please critique.

EdinBoy

Awards
Stats:
24 yrs old
5'8
170 lbs
Training for 3 years.

Do a mix of pure cardio, grappling, muay thai, boxing and strength/endurance training (5x5s/twice a week as well as explosive circuits)
1RM for Bench 260lbs, squat 350lbs and the others are in my notepad which isn't to hand!

Cycle:
10 weeks:

Week 1 ~ 10:

Test E 500 mg / 250mg x 2 a week
Arimidex 0.5 mg x EOD

PCT:

2/3 week break after last Test dose:
4 week PCT:

Nolva - 20/20/20/20
Clomid - 50/50/50/50

Diet:

Eat super clean and pretty much follow the Paleo Diet.
4200 cals

~~

I train twice daily as I compete in mma and seem to get niggling injuries, as well as more upsetting ones. Been considering my first course for roughly 9-12 months, been browsing the site/internet meanwhile and have decided now is the time to go and just want to make sure the above cycle is ok.
Just wanting any input if possible guys :)

Thanks

Me :veryhappy:

Just realised this could be in wrong forum, apologies if so and could you move if possible?

Last edited:
superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Stats:
24 yrs old
5'8
170 lbs
Training for 3 years.

Do a mix of pure cardio, grappling, muay thai, boxing and strength/endurance training (5x5s/twice a week as well as explosive circuits)
1RM for Bench 260lbs, squat 350lbs and the others are in my notepad which isn't to hand!

Cycle:
10 weeks:

Week 1 ~ 10:

Test E 500 mg / 250mg x 2 a week
Arimidex 0.5 mg x EOD

PCT:

2/3 week break after last Test dose:
4 week PCT:

Nolva - 20/20/20/20
Clomid - 50/50/50/50

Diet:

Eat super clean and pretty much follow the Paleo Diet.
4200 cals

~~

I train twice daily as I compete in mma and seem to get niggling injuries, as well as more upsetting ones. Been considering my first course for roughly 9-12 months, been browsing the site/internet meanwhile and have decided now is the time to go and just want to make sure the above cycle is ok.
Just wanting any input if possible guys :)

Thanks

Me :veryhappy:

Just realised this could be in wrong forum, apologies if so and could you move if possible?
Use either nolva or clomid. Both are SERMs. No need for two.

EdinBoy

Awards
Thanks for the input guys. Truly appreciate it. Thinking next cycle I'm going to add in Eq but starting lightly for my first cycle:)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
250mg/week is something that's just for recovery, not 500mg/week. Unless you're trying to move up a weight class, back the dosage down to 250mg/week.

EdinBoy

Awards
Cheers guys, purely wanting to be able to train as hard as possible.
This is why I asked as really hard to find reliable information on testosterone dosage to help recovery :( So to sum things up I should taper down the dosage to 250mg/week (should I still split the dose?) and use Clomid over Nolva?
:) Thanks

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
250mg a week is a HRT dose and 24yrs old you should have a test level around what that's gonna give ya. Stick with the 500mg, you will be disappointed with 250mg a week. It's not worth shutting down your system for such minimal gains.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cheers guys, purely wanting to be able to train as hard as possible.
This is why I asked as really hard to find reliable information on testosterone dosage to help recovery :( So to sum things up I should taper down the dosage to 250mg/week (should I still split the dose?) and use Clomid over Nolva?
:) Thanks
I'd split it to .5cc 2x/week with a PCT of Clomid

250mg a week is a HRT dose and 24yrs old you should have a test level around what that's gonna give ya. Stick with the 500mg, you will be disappointed with 250mg a week. It's not worth shutting down your system for such minimal gains.
250mg/week is not a TRT dosage unless you're going to a "wellness clinic." If you read the OP, this cycle is not about gains; it's about recovering from the grind of training for a fight.

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not try to start a fight but I've been on HRT for five years and 200mg gets my levels to around 750-800. My opinion is its not worth suppressing your natural production for what would be such a small benefit. Also has he even checked to see what his natural levels are?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not try to start a fight but I've been on HRT for five years and 200mg gets my levels to around 750-800. My opinion is its not worth suppressing your natural production for what would be such a small benefit. Also has he even checked to see what his natural levels are?
Why are his levels relevant to the discussion? 250mg is going to kick his recovery far ahead of what it is right now. It's not about BB'ing gains with this cycle; it's about enhancing his performance. That much training always puts you on the verge of real overtraining and test levels tend to skew off towards the end of camp when you need them the most. 500mg/week would also put him in a position to where it would be difficult to make weight.