Rest week on Anabeta Elite

SixandaHalf

SixandaHalf

Awards
I started Anabeta Elite about 1.5 wks ago. I started to notice some shoulder pain (just worn out in general) and it dawned on me that I am way overdue to take a week off. I haven't taken a week off in almost 5 months.

My question is... should I stop Anabeta for the week or cut the dose down (maybe 2 ED) to save money while keeping it enough in my system that I can start back up strong? I obviously wish I would have taken the rest week before I started the run but cant change that now. I know I will be fresh and ready to grow when I return.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I started Anabeta Elite about 1.5 wks ago. I started to notice some shoulder pain (just worn out in general) and it dawned on me that I am way overdue to take a week off. I haven't taken a week off in almost 5 months.

My question is... should I stop Anabeta for the week or cut the dose down (maybe 2 ED) to save money while keeping it enough in my system that I can start back up strong? I obviously wish I would have taken the rest week before I started the run but cant change that now. I know I will be fresh and ready to grow when I return.
Why not just do a deloading week?

SixandaHalf

SixandaHalf

Awards
I may still do some uphill sprints but my shoulder has gotten worse and worse even with taking out my pressing movements last week. Its not bad bad, but if I keep using it its not going to get better.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Why not just do a deloading week?
Would anabeta have any positive long term effects even with a reload week? Wouldn't it be more productive to bag the anabeta until fully healthy?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Would anabeta have any positive long term effects even with a reload week? Wouldn't it be more productive to bag the anabeta until fully healthy?
Generally, yeah. I just feel like a full 4 week run that has a week of lower volume training might be more productive than finishing up with a 3 week run later on.

SixandaHalf

SixandaHalf

Awards
I think what Ill do is bag it until Friday, dose normally over the weekend and start strong Monday again. If I continue to see the results I was starting to see at week 1.5 I will be running an addition bottle anyway. I agree 3 weeks would be a waste

uvawahoowa

Awards
Generally, yeah. I just feel like a full 4 week run that has a week of lower volume training might be more productive than finishing up with a 3 week run later on.
Good point. Could always get another bottle and run it 7 weeks when healthy. Especially if its still on sale at nutra

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good point. Could always get another bottle and run it 7 weeks when healthy. Especially if its still on sale at nutra
thats always a good idea! Not sure when the sale ends, though.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Just do a deload week. If you still feel like this after you finish the AB, then take a break.

SixandaHalf

SixandaHalf

Awards
Just do a deload week. If you still feel like this after you finish the AB, then take a break.
I hear you but this is more to prevent an injury from overworking my shoulder. Even a deload is going to put stress on it. The last thing I want is to take a deload week and not fix the problem.

I'd rather bite the bullet, stick to stretches and start strong on Monday. Ive been hitting a full body hard on Mon, Wed, Fri and seeing great results, but it seems Ive taxed my shoulder a bit too much doing work related lifting as well. I dont want this to become a nagging injury.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hear you but this is more to prevent an injury from overworking my shoulder. Even a deload is going to put stress on it. The last thing I want is to take a deload week and not fix the problem.

I'd rather bite the bullet, stick to stretches and start strong on Monday. Ive been hitting a full body hard on Mon, Wed, Fri and seeing great results, but it seems Ive taxed my shoulder a bit too much doing work related lifting as well. I dont want this to become a nagging injury.
Yeah, nagging injuries are no good man.