supplements for 18 yr old

1. Registered User

supplements for 18 yr old

I'm looking for a supplement that will benefit me as I'm only 18. I'm not looking for a prohormone or anything like that. anything you guys can suggest? (please, don't say diet or anything like that)

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbons2 View Post
    I'm looking for a supplement that will benefit me as I'm only 18. I'm not looking for a prohormone or anything like that. anything you guys can suggest? (please, don't say diet or anything like that)
    whats your training experience? what does your diet actually look like? What are your overall goals? There's a ton of different supplements out there that do a ton of different things. if you can give some speciffics we can give some assistance.
    Orbitnutrition.com for all your supplement needs! Any questions about our products? Ask me! I can help!
  3. Registered User

been lifting seriously for 2 years. diet is clean ad training is never a problem for me, always motivated to lift. my goals are to increase strength and increase lean muscle mass
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

been lifting seriously for 2 years. diet is clean ad training is never a problem for me, always motivated to lift. my goals are to increase strength and increase lean muscle mass
    simple. start with the basics. I always use creatine. I'm a believer monohydrate is the best. its by far the cheapest. l-glutamine works almost synergistically with the creatine. and a basic protein blend. I'm a big fan of syntha 6 or myofusion for flavor and they way that their proteins are blends of several different types. Those are my 3 absolute staple sups, 365 days a year. The creatine and glutamine with help with your recovery and strength, when i was like 16 i couldnt get past 185 on bench. i took some mono, in about 2 weeks i was at 205. i personally think the stuff is white gold. more so than cocaine.

Like i said those are my big 3 and you can find all of them fairly cheap. i'm sure nutraplanet has them pretty inexpensively priced. one of the things i've been doing lately is buying bulk creatine and glutamine, like 5 months worth for 20 bucks each, and mixing them with flavored bcaa's. seems way cheaper than buying pills or flavored concoctions. works just the same. just take them with some carbs. Theres no such thing as a wonder drug or supplement but they will help as long as you keep your diet nailed down, training hard and get plenty of rest.
    Orbitnutrition.com for all your supplement needs! Any questions about our products? Ask me! I can help!
  5. Registered User

thanks for the input. I have been using protein since started to workout. tried mono hydrate and did have some nice gains. I've heard kre-alkalyn is good too but I haven't tried it.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbons2
    thanks for the input. I have been using protein since started to workout. tried mono hydrate and did have some nice gains. I've heard kre-alkalyn is good too but I haven't tried it.
    Honestly theres not enough difference between different types to make up for price differences. If your body absorbs mono stick with it.
  7. Registered User

I think I'll stick with that. anything else you guys can add? thanks.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

I think I'll stick with that. anything else you guys can add? thanks.
    Since youre already using "the staples" maybe a nitric oxide booster like arganine or agmatine.those are pretty good products. Ive always enjoyed the nitric oxide pump. Pre workouts are nice. They give good intensity and that extra energy at the end of a work day. Im not a rep for purus labs but their muscle marinade is off the chain. I feel like superman on that ****!
  9. Registered User

that's good to hear. I'll look into it. Thanks. there's not anything else to really look into that's "safe" is there?
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

that's good to hear. I'll look into it. Thanks. there's not anything else to really look into that's "safe" is there?
    Most supplements are safe. But at 18 most aren't worth the price. I like C4 but have yet to use the marinade. Creatine, Protein, a preworkout are all you really "need". You could get some BCAAs but if you eat enough protein then you don't really need those either.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Theres tons of others.. hop on nutra planet. Look at stuff they have on there. If it sounds interesting read up on it. If it sounds legit, and fits your budget give it a shot... theres tons of other supps out there. Too many to list. Theres no need to take a million different ones, after all they just supplement your diet. Just gotta weed out the bs type stuff and find what works for you.
  12. Registered User

I'd give away all my supplements to have the testosterone levels I had when I was 18. Really no need for anything but food at your age.
  13. Registered User

that's good to hear. maybe I'll try that. Thanks. anything else to be recommended?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I'd give away all my supplements to have the testosterone levels I had when I was 18. Really no need for anything but food at your age.
    God thats so true...
  15. Registered User

thanks. maybe ill give it a shot. any other recommendations?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Young Bro - We're trying to help you. Try to listen

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    that's good to hear. maybe I'll try that. Thanks. anything else to be recommended?
    thanks. maybe ill give it a shot. any other recommendations?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  17. Registered User

sorry it seemed to not be posting when it actually was. thanks for all the input guys!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Good luck buddy

The main TAKE HOME message is this

You are young and all your hormones support growth like you wouldn't believe!!!!!!

If you eat right, concentrate on consistency and discipline, you can grow like a WEED.

You dont need any supplements. Save your cash!

Protein and maybe some creatine and you're good to go!
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. approx calorie intake for 18 yr old
    By harry5543 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 06:46 AM
  2. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 10:50 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
  4. Replies: 6