Question to any supplement gurus

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
I've decided to give beta alanine a try.
First some brief info.
I've been working out for 30 years, (I know I'm old)
I've tried many different supps over the years, however now I just use the basics, multi, fish oil, and creatine.
I've recently started agmatine based on all the positive reviews on here, and am very impressed.
After some research I am starting beta alanine.
I surf and play a lot of beach volleyball, and I am hoping that the beta alanine will help with leg fatigue.
So those of you with experience with BA, what kind of dosing schedule do you recommend for my goals?
Thanks in advance.
Peace

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Most people take 3-6 grams per day. I don't know many that go 6, but I do know there are people that do. I want to say that I've read somewhere the benefits stop at around 3.5 grams or something like that. You'll have to look that up yourself :privateeye:

As for the dosing, once a day is fine. Some tend to split doses though. That would be up to you. I would go at least 1/2 of your daily intake about 1/2 hour before your activity and the 1/2 after. I say split b/c BA can cause a tingling feeling similar to a niacin flush. Some folks love it, and for others it can be annoying or too intense. If you can handle it (as not everyone gets the tingling, dont' worry, doesn't mean it's not working), a dose of 3 - 3.5g before activity is fine.

It's an easy supplement to use.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd say 3.2 to 6.2 grams its what i've seen in studies. You can use for extended periods of time obviously i think one of the studies i've seen is over 10 to 12 weeks. But BA is a must for me, it works and its fairly cheap in work. But it takes awhile to reach saturation. Also i would look into citrulline malate.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Thanks for the advice,
Will dose 4 grams a day, divided in two doses.
Thanks again for the responses.
Peace