what is the best supplement.

devin c

Awards
I have been looking into teying some supplements. I want something that will bulk me up nicely and i can actually see the results. I dont want to by without knowing anything about them.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best thing that will bulk you up is a really good bulking diet, if your over 21 add something like Formula-X, Division 1 and Slin Sane. I love this combo for bulking.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
post up your daily intake with macros and people can chime in and help you. No supplement is going to help you if you're not eating right.

holysnikey

Awards
A solid mass gainer with proper macro ratios will help a lot if its hard to consume a lot of calories.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
I have been looking into teying some supplements. I want something that will bulk me up nicely and i can actually see the results. I dont want to by without knowing anything about them.
The best supplement is food, and a lot of it.
I would start with adequate protein, about .8 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.
Then good clean carbs sweet potatoes, brown rice lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grain bread, I like Ezekiel bread.
And finally lots of healthy fats, peanut butter, almond butter, fish oil, avocado, olive oil.
That's a good place to start.
Supplements won't do anything if you don't have a proper diet.
You also need a solid lifting program concentrating on the big lifts, squats, dead lifts, and bench.
At your size with the proper diet and lifting program you should she some solid results.
Once you have the fundamentals in place then you can start to think about supplementing your diet.
Peace

devin c

Awards
I have been alot of wat everyone is saying.i was told i have a high matabalizem witch is why i burn my calories so fast. I have gained a few pound. I went from 122 to abiut 130. This is way im looking for something to help more.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lot's of food and a mass gainer.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think at your size you really have to get some quality food in your system. Lean beef turkey chicken. Eat heavy and eat often. I would start off with steak and eggs for breakfast or chicken and eggs. You really need to get the majority of your calories from food

holysnikey

Awards
How many calories do you consume?

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
High metabolism = excuse to not enough enough and lament your lack of progress. Calorie dense is your friend, whole milk, natty pb, evoo, steak, eggs, and chicken. Maybe get protein to help supplement your diet if yiu can't eat enough but eating 160-180g protein should not be too hard....

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been alot of wat everyone is saying.i was told i have a high matabalizem witch is why i burn my calories so fast. I have gained a few pound. I went from 122 to abiut 130. This is way im looking for something to help more.
More food. Then toss in some staples like fish oil and whey protein, maybe some minerals, and that's a solid place to start.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
gallon of milk, jar of PB loaf of bread. rinse and repeat?

SixandaHalf

SixandaHalf

Awards
One thing this thread is missing...... time.

It will take years to bulk up to what you probably have in mind. You body will naturally only put .25-.5lbs of muscle on per week (if you are eating really well and have a great routine). If you gain 1.5 lbs a week, thats a lot of fat gain. Period, unless you are on steroids. Aim for no more than 1 pound per week and you will be sure its mostly muscle.

That being said the more muscle you gain, the harder it is to gain more. Not to say you wont see progress and be happy in the first few months but normal guys have to work at it for years to get the "this dude lifts" kind of look (unless they are lucky, genetic bastards).

Patience and consistency in diet and training is 95% of results. That other 5% is the supplements you speak of.

Oh yea... EAT!!!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i do love crunchy naturally more pb or almond butter on pumpernickle.

devin c

Awards
i do eat tons

I eat alot everyday. Pretty much all do cuz my marabalism is fast so i have to to keep on the caleries. I have gained a lil weight about 10 pounds. Witch i am happy to see the scale move up. Iv been working out sense my junior year of high school. But im not seeing to much results. Witch is y im asking everyone witch supplement is good to help out the rest of the way.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I eat alot everyday. Pretty much all do cuz my marabalism is fast so i have to to keep on the caleries. I have gained a lil weight about 10 pounds. Witch i am happy to see the scale move up. Iv been working out sense my junior year of high school. But im not seeing to much results. Witch is y im asking everyone witch supplement is good to help out the rest of the way.
Do you track you calories and macros? When most people say they eat a lot.they find that they aren't really eating that much when they start tracking. I know it happened to me when I first started.

devin c

Awards
ill be honest

I dont kno how to teack all that. Wat i do kno is i eat lots of meets. Beef and polstery. Alot of of noodles.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I dont kno how to teack all that. Wat i do kno is i eat lots of meets. Beef and polstery. Alot of of noodles.
If you have a smartphone you can download an app. If you don't have a smartphone you can buy a pen and paper and write down the macros for the amount of food you ate. All you have to do is measure it on a scale its really not hard, fairly tedious but will give you better gains than any supplement could. Do that for a few days and come back here and post what you ate and we can help from there.

holysnikey

Awards
Do you have a smartphone or iPod Touch? If not just use pen and paper then use an online resource like myfitnesspal

jclay

Awards
educate yourself on nutrition and working out. thats the first step. i guarantee your not working out properly, and maybe your working out to much. there's alot of factors that could play into it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Simple.

Creatine.
Caffeine. (Pre w/o)
Protein.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No offense man, but I can't tell you how many times I've heard that from skinny guys who 'can't gain weight.' Until you've already eaten several thousand cals in a day and have to force feed yourself another 1000 because that's how much you know you need, you're not eating a lot.

And this is the crux of the situation - learn to track how much you're eating, because until you do, you can't say you're eating a lot. It may feel like a lot to you, but you may very well be eating way less than what you require. Until you get your diet on point, no supplement is going to make a large difference.

Simple.

Creatine.
Caffeine. (Pre w/o)
Protein.
A simple, solid starting point for any lifter :thumbsup: