Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.85%

Interesting Research

Research on boosting natural hormone production :

http://esciencenews.com/articles/201...ulate.strength

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

This has been known, hence why no one recommends squatting for growth hormone elevation in this day and age .
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This has been known, hence why no one recommends squatting for growth hormone elevation in this day and age .
    The other day at the gym I was told by a high school kid that I need to squat more often to raise gh ......

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    yea, squatting is for girls, who squats any more.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.63%

"While testosterone is definitely anabolic and promotes muscle growth in men and women at high doses, such as those used during steroid abuse, our findings show that naturally occurring levels of testosterone do not influence the rate of muscle protein synthesis."

So does this mean natty boosters don't really do anything?
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kokobeware2 View Post
    "While testosterone is definitely anabolic and promotes muscle growth in men and women at high doses, such as those used during steroid abuse, our findings show that naturally occurring levels of testosterone do not influence the rate of muscle protein synthesis."

So does this mean natty boosters don't really do anything?
    That isn't quite what it's saying. You see, the hormonal fluxes from exercise are transient, and any "anabolic" effect is closely countered by the transient rise in cortisol from prolonged training. This is in contrast to a natural testosterone booster which changes the tightly regulated hormonal environment of the body by increasing your testosterone production in a subchronic fashion (over the course of 1-2 months, rather than a few hours post-training). So the jury is still out in that regard.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  60 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.14%

nice share !! bt i used to take ninja for pre W/O !!
    You come in peace, but you go back in pieces
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.85%

Quote Originally Posted by f1ghter33
    nice share !! bt i used to take ninja for pre W/O !!
    How is this guy still spamming everyone's threads?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.31%

That isn't quite what it's saying. You see, the hormonal fluxes from exercise are transient, and any "anabolic" effect is closely countered by the transient rise in cortisol from prolonged training. This is in contrast to a natural testosterone booster which changes the tightly regulated hormonal environment of the body by increasing your testosterone production in a subchronic fashion (over the course of 1-2 months, rather than a few hours post-training). So the jury is still out in that regard.
    I see your point, but I'm not exactly sure the article is limiting it's claims to post-workout hormonal response. It actually seems to be saying that naturally occuring anabolic hormone levels aren't responsible for the variance in the rate of muscle mass gained at all in some places in the text...

"Despite a 45-fold difference in testosterone increase, men and women were able to make new muscle protein at exactly the same rate."

I wonder if they're conducting this research with trained athletes, or with entirely untrained subjects going through that anabolic honeymoon phase where you can pack on lbs of muscle just by walking into the gym.
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by J19891 View Post
    I see your point, but I'm not exactly sure the article is limiting it's claims to post-workout hormonal response. It actually seems to be saying that naturally occuring anabolic hormone levels aren't responsible for the variance in the rate of muscle mass gained at all in some places in the text...

"Despite a 45-fold difference in testosterone increase, men and women were able to make new muscle protein at exactly the same rate."

I wonder if they're conducting this research with trained athletes, or with entirely untrained subjects going through that anabolic honeymoon phase where you can pack on lbs of muscle just by walking into the gym.
    Again, I still don't see how this can be extrapolated to testosterone boosters. Naturally occurring levels of testosterone are not synonymous with natural testosterone elevation by the use of compounds. Also, if this study did anything, it confirmed that muscle protein synthesis rates are not the only factor that dictates hypertrophy.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.31%

Again, I still don't see how this can be extrapolated to testosterone boosters. Naturally occurring levels of testosterone are not synonymous with natural testosterone elevation by the use of compounds. Also, if this study did anything, it confirmed that muscle protein synthesis rates are not the only factor that dictates hypertrophy.
    Well assuming someone isn't bordering on supraphysiological test naturally, test boosters wouldn't shoot someone outside of the naturally occuring range, at least based on the bloodwork I've seen done. The second study is the only one measuring the acute, short lived boost in test post workout, the first is comparing the rate of protein synthesis between male in female groups with a large disparity in baseline testosterone levels. It could be that a person's baseline natty test correlates to their untrained musculature, and these studies are only showing that gains made once a person starts training are made independent of those levels. In that case it's more likely that, as you said, the sustained, mild, subchronic elevation in testosterone via OTC natty test boosters would accelerate protein synthesis. By their wording, I'm not exactly sure that's what theyre saying though and I haven't seen the actual studies, so without their methodology I'm not exactly sure if you can infer that or not.

On the other hand it could be that testosterone levels within the normal range aren't a big factor in a person's trained or untrained musculature whatsoever. From the quotations in the text, it actually seems to be that's what the researchers are inferring (though again, without the actual studies you really cant draw any conclusions). If that's the case, then test boosters would be nearly worthless.

I'm leaning more toward the second possibility based on the quote "our findings show that naturally occurring levels of testosterone do not influence the rate of muscle protein synthesis." I don't think any researcher worth his salt would make a claim that broad and profound if he didn't intend it literally. Again, you're right though, we can't really draw any absolute conclusions about test boosters based on this article. I think it's just the murky phrasing though.

Similar Forum Threads

1. This is interesting
    By EasyEJL in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
  2. Now this is interesting
    By phatkid77 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
  3. Interesting
    By yelis300 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0