Muscle Milk while cutting?

SwoleT

Awards
Just wondering if yall think itd be a good idea to drink muscle milk while cutting. It says it burns fat or w/e but im still sceptacle. I just love the taste of it and its really hard for me to put down any other type of protien shake w/o adding things like bannanas, peanut butter or ice cream. So sohuld i stay away from muscle milk while cutting or should i keep using it?

SwoleT

Awards
well milk has 13g of sugar but its not neccesarily bad for you...Its got 6 grams of sugar.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but milk doesn't have maltodextrin and Muscle Milk does, it does make a hell of a cheat drink though LOL. I used to have 1 scoop of MM, 1 cup of 2% milk, one half banana, some crushed ice and voila.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but milk doesn't have maltodextrin and Muscle Milk does, it does make a hell of a cheat drink though LOL. I used to have 1 scoop of MM, 1 cup of 2% milk, one half banana, some crushed ice and voila.
Whoa - my eyes played a trick on me. For a second, I thought you said for a cheat drink, you use 1 scoop of MM, 1 cup of 2% milk, one half banana, some crushed ice and vodka. :)

wimpy

Awards
Whoa - my eyes played a trick on me. For a second, I thought you said for a cheat drink, you use 1 scoop of MM, 1 cup of 2% milk, one half banana, some crushed ice and vodka. :)
lol. that's what i though it said too. sounds delicious!

size

Awards
  • Established
If you are trying to cut then adding a high calorie/high fat/maltodextrin shake does not make too much sense to me.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I feel as long as your carbs are low anyway, and you limit your malto intake to one serving of MM, and PWO it should work.. I've used MM while cutting, all you gotta do is stop for 2wks, then start up again when carbing up, that's if you plan to compete.. ;)

SwoleT

Awards
I feel as long as your carbs are low anyway, and you limit your malto intake to one serving of MM, and PWO it should work.. I've used MM while cutting, all you gotta do is stop for 2wks, then start up again when carbing up, that's if you plan to compete..
PWO = post work out or pre work out? EIther way i get most my carbs pre and post work out. I just get sick of ON whey protien. I dont plan to compete im just tryin to get down to 8% BF, im like at 11 prolly right now. If muscle milk is bad then can anyone give me a name of a protein that taste good but would be better for cutting?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
PWO = post work out or pre work out? EIther way i get most my carbs pre and post work out. I just get sick of ON whey protien. I dont plan to compete im just tryin to get down to 8% BF, im like at 11 prolly right now. If muscle milk is bad then can anyone give me a name of a protein that taste good but would be better for cutting?
I meant post workout.. ;)

You can still use it, I'd say to go with a serving for breakfast, that should help.. :)

Try out All The Whey isolate if you need a straight protein for the rest of the day..

SwoleT

Awards
I meant post workout.. ;)

You can still use it, I'd say to go with a serving for breakfast, that should help.. :)

Try out All The Whey isolate if you need a straight protein for the rest of the day..
thanks, one more question though, Do u think muscle milk really BURNS FAT? Cause its got 8g of sat fat in it (thats what im most worried about)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks, one more question though, Do u think muscle milk really BURNS FAT? Cause its got 8g of sat fat in it (thats what im most worried about)
It's from MCT's, which do nothing to your cholesterol levels or anything.. I wouldn't say it "burns fat", but I will say that adjusting your calories around it can help.. :)

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Glad I found this thread, I was just wondering the same thing. What I have been doing is mixing 1 scoop MM w/ 1 scoop ON Whey in the A.M. with breakfast, due to the high fact / sugar content. Guess I was right on with that one. I'll just continue that until the jug runs out, then never buy it again lol

hyoogeness

Awards
As far as I can tell, the main selling point of MM is taste. The Macro profile isn't horrible, but it's not amazing either (I try not to buy foods that don't have a 10g protein:100 cal, and have protein powder improve the final calorie+protein numbers for the day, which MM doesn't do).

I think it's fine as a pre-workout shake and my favourite use is to mix a product with a poor->moderate taste but fantastic macro profile with MM to have a good shake that can be used on a diet. It also masks the taste of fibre supplements, which I go heavy on when dieting.

JonnyO`

Awards
I was using the Muscle Milk for my last competition up to the day of the show. I was having it (iScoop) in the am with my oatmeal, post workout (3scoops) and mixed with my eggs (1scoop) for my last meal before bed. I was one of the best conditioned guys in the show, so I think as long as the rest of your diet, cardio regimine and training are in check it shouldnt be a problem. I was also utilising a pretty low carb diet, a high day was 250g carbs, and low days were 80g carbs.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
LOL...

Read the first post again...

If the comparison is between having a Muscle Milk shake or having another type with bananas, peanut butter and/or ICE CREAM... then go with the Muscle Milk!

Really though, some of the other answers here put it in perspective. I think MM is good for certain timings, but not others. Look into Evopro, that's Cytosport's protein component of Muscle Milk, by itself. Still tastes very good but perhaps a better nutrient profile for your purposes.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ON's 100% Whey tastes like a milkshake to me, at least that's what I tricked myself into thinking...